paint interior closet

lovingit

for those of you who paint the interior of your house do you match your closet with the rooms? Or do you leave it white?

Left all closets white.

Barely can see the walls with all the clothes hanging and if you have a closet organizer... even less so.

Paint the closet along with rest of the room. 

The original standard flat white paint get stained too easily and very hard to clean off especially if you have kids.  My painter also didn't charge extra for painting the closet so it makes the decision easy. 

My family must be different.

My kids would never go into their closet, much less stain the walls.

And even if the walls are stained, the doors are closed most of the time so no one sees them.

lovingit said:
for those of you who paint the interior of your house do you match your closet with the rooms? Or do you leave it white?

Paint it if you are doing custom closet cabinet. 

I painted my master bedroom closet dark grey.  Looks awesome with my dark wood closet organizer.

lovingit said:

Depends on type of door.  I prefer a higher gloss white for the interior door and closet door, except for sliding type.  I don't like sliding doors as much because it's harder to replace and install locks.

Leave it white if you have to pay for it. Most people don't spend a lot of time in their closets. Walls aren't seen much because of clothes. And when you are in there, it's not to relax and enjoy the ambience.

Back