Paging NickStone - Feng Shui Information Needed

<p>NickStone,</p>

<p>I heard somewhere that Irvine is considered having "Good Feng Shui" where the Dragon head is in Irvine, and the Dragon tail is in China Town. Sounds like *&%%%#$ to me. Do you have or know someone who may have any written information regarding this? Thank you in advance.</p>

<p>When I sell homes that the Feng Shui consultant certified as great Feng Shui, they go like hot cakes.</p>

Just curious, who certifies the Feng Shui consultant? When a home is certified as great Feng Shui, and something less than auspicious happens, what happens then? This is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

<p>IIIrvine,</p>

<p>You brought up a very good question. Feng Shui has been around for centuries so we just take the words for it. I attached a link below for more information. </p>

<p>I know we have a few attorneys on the blog so I would be curious if Feng Shui certification can hold any substance.</p>

<p><a href="http://www.windwater.com/">http://www.windwater.com/</a></p>

<p>Feng Shui is a subject that we can not afford to ignore it. Large commercial and corporate buildings are especailly critical to have certification. </p>

<p>In Irvine, a "bad" Feng Shui house may cost the seller ten or hundred of thousands because of alienation from Asian buyers.</p>

<p>I dunno. My parents are into that stuff (I'm asian ...) and frankly you don't need to be the little boy to the emperor and say it's all a load of <a href="mailto:$#@&#$@$@">$#@&#$@$@</a></p>

<p>Haha, Feng Shui may hold water with an immigrant buyer but not with anyone > 0th generation immigrant. I suspect that may be a small percentage of the retail housing market. I can't say anything about corporate buildings. </p>

<p>I wonder if a Chinese businessman walking into an American business building stops to consider the Feng Shui before he decides whether or not to ink a $$$$ deal.</p>

<p>My guess is, in the end, the money wins out over whether or not the water fountain's apex reaches the intersection of the front entrance, the North Pole, and the 23rd parallel of the Sun's revolution around the sky on even-numbered days</p>

Well, I haven't actually researched this issue but my first impression is that there is really no way for someone to sue over something like this. You would have to look at the language of whatever certification they gave you. I highly doubt that they say nothing bad will ever happen in a place that has been certified. The only way someone would sue is if the person certifying the place misrepresents their credentials or lies in some other way. Frankly, even if the certification said that nothing bad would happen, a judge would probably laugh you out of a court room for trying to argue that you actually believed that.

<p>Fraychielle,</p>

<p>I used to work in the corporate world and hosted Asian business people. It amazed me that the first thing came out of their mouth was "Has this Building been designed with a Feng Shui consultant". I leanred quickly to always bring in one when we built sites and even advertised on our brochure. I think it is more of psychological.</p>

<p>I am the type that seeing is believing. I bought a house that was bad Feng shui when I was 23 (did not know better). One day, a car went straight and landed in my living room. So I would not touch this type of situated home ever again.</p>

<p>A good Feng Shui home does have very good feel to me though. May be I have been brainwashed.</p>

<p>Mel, do we have many Asian judges around here?</p>

Back