Padova at OH

If you are involved in a road rage incident, the gate guard can stop the other driver from following you home.

eyephone said:
iacrenter said:
Paris did some post deletions but you will get the idea. I can't believe its been 3 years since that incident. Time flies on TI.
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,12262.0.html

Didn't the other driver drive through the gate? Lol

Omg it?s been 3 years and we?re still bringing this up?  ;D
But yes I am thankful for the NP guard gate that day. Because that crazy idiot followed right behind me into the guard gated community, I think the gate arm hit his suv while he was following right behind but he didn?t care. So I just turned around and pulled right back through the gate exit and alarmed the guard there. Within a few minutes I had 3 male security guards next to my vehicle trying to calm that deranged large male driver. Mind you it was only me with my 2 young children under the age of 4 sitting in the car. If there was no guard gate and some crazy person was trying to follow me home where would I have gone? I?d have to find the nearest police station in that situation.
With the security surrounding my car it deterred that guy to drive off. And they had video surveillance of the entire incident at the gate.
So I?m still a strong believer in guard gates where a physical guard is sitting there 24 hours of the day.
That?s my story rehashed and resurrected from 3 years ago lol.

Was at the phase release today and the sales office was completely filled with buyers. Needless to say, all the homes released were sold within 5 minutes. I attended the phase release to get a feel for the affects of the new tax laws. Didn't seem to affect today's release whatsoever. I'm somewhat shocked. The homes released were priced between 1.35mil - 1.5mil.

Strong demand but not too surprising. I think the homes were priced fairly compared to what you can get in this range.

Legit949 said:
Was at the phase release today and the sales office was completely filled with buyers. Needless to say, all the homes released were sold within 5 minutes. I attended the phase release to get a feel for the affects of the new tax laws. Didn't seem to affect today's release whatsoever. I'm somewhat shocked. The homes released were priced between 1.35mil - 1.5mil.

My daughter bought her first home in May 2013. She has a few months to hit the 5 year mark. They would like a newer home in the same price range as these. They know they won't have more than the $750K in mortgage deduction and will lose some of their property tax deduction. They don't care one bit. A bigger issue for them is rising rates and what they will be in May.

Ready2Downsize said:
Legit949 said:

My daughter bought her first home in May 2013. She has a few months to hit the 5 year mark. They would like a newer home in the same price range as these. They know they won't have more than the $750K in mortgage deduction and will lose some of their property tax deduction. They don't care one bit. A bigger issue for them is rising rates and what they will be in May.

They settled on 2 years in your primary residence I believe.

shadyoc said:
How are the latest pricing?  Are they almost done building?

Went to Padova on Saturday. There are some 'Move in Ready' houses get my attention.  Tried to talk if they have some 'flexibility' on price, but they  said "not for now." Quite different mood, compared to Varenna. Representative in Varenna seemed ready to give 100K, closing fee, upgraded appliances for those houses already built.

I just started following the Padova recently, so I don't know the history of the pricing, but what I can see now is that they try to maintain their strong position. So, I decided to sit back and wait a bit more.

#83, 68 Derby is plan 1XA, 3037sqft and price was $1,512,477. I think this is the best house among their inventory. 

joke4real said:
shadyoc said:

Went to Padova on Saturday. There are some 'Move in Ready' houses get my attention.  Tried to talk if they have some 'flexibility' on price, but they  said "not for now." Quite different mood, compared to Varenna. Representative in Varenna seemed ready to give 100K, closing fee, upgraded appliances for those houses already built.

I just started following the Padova recently, so I don't know the history of the pricing, but what I can see now is that they try to maintain their strong position. So, I decided to sit back and wait a bit more.

#83, 68 Derby is plan 1XA, 3037sqft and price was $1,512,477. I think this is the best house among their inventory. 

Give them some time, they recently bumped up their broker co-op commission.

USCTrojanCPA said:
joke4real said:
shadyoc said:

Give them some time, they recently bumped up their broker co-op commission.

Funny story..During past 10 days, they (are saying) put 50K upgrade to one premium lot and they raised the price 50K.

Hi all! Just bumping this thread to see of any recent feedback or information on the Padova development.

It looks like they're into the later phases of the development and we were interested this community as we relocate from the Bay Area to Irvine.

A couple concerns we had had were proximity to the Toll Road and overall community feel/vibe of OH.

Would appreciate any and all feedback! Thank you!

mhanism said:
Hi all! Just bumping this thread to see of any recent feedback or information on the Padova development.

It looks like they're into the later phases of the development and we were interested this community as we relocate from the Bay Area to Irvine.

A couple concerns we had had were proximity to the Toll Road and overall community feel/vibe of OH.

No issues on the current Padova lots to proximity to the toll road as there are many rows of Varenna homes buffering any toll road noise. 

mhanism said:

We looked at Padova two years ago, relatively early in their development. We really liked the house layouts, the location of the subdivision within OH (toll road noise isn't an issue), and the overall look and aesthetics of OH.  Your concern about overall community feel/vibe of OH is what ultimately turned us off.

Price points are a bit higher in OH relative to other recent developments in Irvine. IMO, that skews the buyers to be a bit older. Our family has two kids under the age of five so we wanted a community where we could see our kids playing with others and having fun. OH has great pools and parks, but every time we went to check out houses (typically on sunny weekend days), the parks and pools were empty. This could have been a timing issue given it was still fairly new, but other areas of OH were further along in their development and those parts also didn't give the impression of a vibrant community for a young family. 

I'm not sure what your family dynamic is, but if community feel/vibe is a concern, my recommendation would be to spend some time driving around the neighborhood to see if you can get a better feel. If possible, choose different days and times of day to do that.  We did this for a few different developments and quickly fell in love with the neighborhood of where we ultimately bought. Our gut told us it was the community for us and it's proven correct so far. Recognize this could be hard if you are still in the Bay Area, but worth the time in my opinion.

Good luck!

I?m not sure when you visited but there are a lot of families in the Groves with young kids in the 0-6 age range.  Lots in Varenna and also all over Saviero, Capella, La Vita, Messina.

Back