Outside of Irvine - Skyline OC

Since you mentioned outside of Irvine. Ironically, the IAC is building apt. homes about a mile from this project, Skyline.

<p>I rent in the SC Metro area right now.. and it's scary to go grocery shopping.</p>

<p>There's definitely no Whole Foods here! </p>

I lived off the 3800 block of Ross St for a while... The area was not bad at all. I walked around at night and didn't think twice about it.

<p>Near South Coast plaza. Actually closer to the Hutton Center.</p>

<p>The mailing address was <strong>Santa Ana</strong> (the horror). No asian buyer premium. In fact I think I'll start watching some of the homes over there.</p>

Well, Ross and the adjoining streets are a bunch of Quads. The neighborhood, however, seems to be primarily late 60's and early 70's SFR that does not appear to be under an HOA. I lived over there for about six months and had no reservations about the area. The demographic mix looked pretty healthy.

<p>Although I think the whole high rise thing is a bit premature for the OC, I think of all the projects out there this one makes the most sense. why? location, location, location. John Wayne airport, South Coast Plaza, OC performing arts. For all those who talk about this being a &quot;bad neighborhood&quot;, obviously you don't understand the concept of urban living. You can't compare an apartment in Central Park, or downtown Manhattan with a mansion on Long Island. All are desirable for their own reasons, but if you want to be close to the action then you have to put up with a high rise building in the middle of urban ghettos. It's as simple as that. I don't think a high rise in the middle of Villa Park makes sense, just because it's a nicer neighborhood.</p>

<p>skyline doesn't seem to be in that great of a neighborhood, being right next to the 55 freeway. you can't walk anywhere interesting. to get to south coast you need to drive, in fact to get anywhere like the airport you need to drive. once you get in the car, the plaza irvine high rises are only like 5 minutes longer than skyline from south coast plaza and the airport. of all the highrises i still like the plaza irvine best, but prices need to come down 40% or so to make it comparable to single family alternatives.</p>

only the costa mesa high rises that are planned that are right next to south coast plaza and the segerstrom hall seem "walkable" at all. anyone know if these high rises are going to proceed with construction in these difficult real estate times?

Back