Other New Home Construction In Tustin Legacy?

meiguoyungwai

What other new home construction is being built in the Tustin Legacy/Tustin Ranch area besides Tustin Landing (Brookfield)?

I was driving up Jamboree from Barranca this past Wed night, and I caught a nasty whiff of odor that smelled kind of like paint (doughy but without much of the chemically smell). I look immediately to the right and there's what looks like a cement factory or whatever. Quick check minutes ago indicated a paper factory behind it. Could the smell be from either of those? Five seconds after, I pass Tustin Legacy on the left side. Talk about a double whammy.

I was driving up Jamboree from Barranca this past Wed night, and I caught a nasty whiff of odor that smelled kind of like paint (doughy but without much of the chemically smell). I look immediately to the right and there's what looks like a cement factory or whatever. Quick check minutes ago indicated a paper factory behind it. Could the smell be from either of those? Five seconds after, I pass Tustin Legacy on the left side. Talk about a double whammy.
Not sure what you're smelling. I only smell fertilizer in the area. Doesn't answer my question either

I would love for more new homes built on this side of Irvine/Tustin. As of right now, nothing seems to be in the pipeline.

There are still homes due to be built all around the new school across from the newer shopping center with Stater Bros. There are also supposed to be new homes off of Moffett.

Do you have more information about this?
There are lots of docs and pdfs out there, so it can get a bit overwhelming. Here's the general link that shows where residential will be vs other types of development within Tustin Legacy:

There are lots of docs and pdfs out there, so it can get a bit overwhelming. Here's the general link that shows where residential will be vs other types of development within Tustin Legacy:

this was really helpful, appreciate it.

If the future residential site by Moffett between jamboree and Tustin ranch road pans out, it will be nice. But it has to pan out first though, might take years before we see homes ready to be sold. And the plans might go through several iterations. More new homes and homes particularly built on this of side of Irvine/Tustin would be great. The advantage this area has over the Great park/portola springs is that retail is already well developed here. I know the district can get crowded but when you have 3 targets, 3 grocery stores and 3 movie theaters within a 3 mile radius, shows there is no shortage of retail options. If you don’t like one, just go to another one. Convenience and access to jobs by the airport and the new magnet school is a bonus.

That is a big piece of land. The homes in the middle will be far enough from all the main roads and the location is great.

If the future residential site by Moffett between jamboree and Tustin ranch road pans out, it will be nice. But it has to pan out first though, might take years before we see homes ready to be sold. And the plans might go through several iterations. More new homes and homes particularly built on this of side of Irvine/Tustin would be great. The advantage this area has over the Great park/portola springs is that retail is already well developed here. I know the district can get crowded but when you have 3 targets, 3 grocery stores and 3 movie theaters within a 3 mile radius, shows there is no shortage of retail options. If you don’t like one, just go to another one. Convenience and access to jobs by the airport and the new magnet school is a bonus.
How would we get updated about this? Has there been any actual known plans beyond "Future residential area" from the interactive map?

I don’t think there are any actual builders lined up for any of the planned residential areas other than the Landing by Brookfield. It will be a while. Irvine would have had the whole thing developed already. Tustin works a little slower.

I think this is the announcement of the new development vision for neighborhood G that is by the metro link station I believe.

SF homes show around the 3:30 mark and townhomes/flats show after.

I think this is the announcement of the new development vision for neighborhood G that is by the metro link station I believe.

SF homes show around the 3:30 mark and townhomes/flats show after.

The single family detached places look like they're a nice size and pretty upscale. We'll see how it's actually executed. I feel like Tustin does a pretty good job of making places look like the renderings. If so, this will be nice. It reminds me of Playa Vista or some of the areas of San Diego like Civita.

Back