OSNAP - 245 pacific street, tustin

Talyssa

Got suuuuper bored and hopped on the craigslist real estate postings when this came up:
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/245-Pacific-St-92780/home/4483481

I spun the monitor so my little snufflewuffle could see the adorable picture, we both went "awww" and then I went "oh wow it has a basement, I didn't know we had those here"  and he went "OSHITCLICKCLICK" because it is his dream to have a basement in which to make incredibly loud guitarnoise.

First thought "aww thats so tiny and adorable - but doesn't 350 seem a tad on the high side for that area and size?"

Second thought, which made us both seriously LAUGH was that some idiot paid 630,000 dollars for this in 2005.  What. The. Fidoozle.  Holy crap.  What kind of person has 630k to drop and wants to live in what the realtor calls 1050sq ft and the public records (according to redfin) calls 750 sqft and which is probably because the realtor is counting the basement that is probably not up to code for living space calculations.

Anyway.  Just wanted to share.  Its a short sale now.  If anyone wants to look up any info for me, I'd take it.  It really is super cute and its enough space for us, and my boyfriend can make loud guitar sounds and hopefully won't die in an earthquake.

Talyssa said:
Got suuuuper bored and hopped on the craigslist real estate postings when this came up:
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/245-Pacific-St-92780/home/4483481

I spun the monitor so my little snufflewuffle could see the adorable picture, we both went "awww" and then I went "oh wow it has a basement, I didn't know we had those here"  and he went "OSHITCLICKCLICK" because it is his dream to have a basement in which to make incredibly loud guitarnoise.

First thought "aww thats so tiny and adorable - but doesn't 350 seem a tad on the high side for that area and size?"

Second thought, which made us both seriously LAUGH was that some idiot paid 630,000 dollars for this in 2005.  What. The. Fidoozle.  Holy crap.  What kind of person has 630k to drop and wants to live in what the realtor calls 1050sq ft and the public records (according to redfin) calls 750 sqft and which is probably because the realtor is counting the basement that is probably not up to code for living space calculations.

Anyway.  Just wanted to share.  Its a short sale now.  If anyone wants to look up any info for me, I'd take it.  It really is super cute and its enough space for us, and my boyfriend can make loud guitar sounds and hopefully won't die in an earthquake.

You can still go to the open house today: Open House Information
Sunday, November 7, 2010 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM.

Cute home but way too small for my family needs. I also personally need at least two bathrooms in home I buy--one for myself and a separate one for guests.

yeah i think we're going as soon as we finish this anzu/MGT run-- that's also why I think its way too expensive.  Sure its cute as hell, but its tiny and only one bathroom.    It works ok for us since it fulfills our number one criteria (2 car garage) but I could pay 350 forhttp://www.redfin.com/CA/Santa-Ana/3407-S-Main-St-92707/unit-L/home/5949820which sure, technically thats the dreaded santa ana school district, but

*Oops*

I apparently didn't click post so ... we've been and gone, it is adorable and in amazing condition (needs a new bathtub but that's it), took my mother who knows how to check basic inspection thingies and tapped all over for possible termite damage (nothing noticable).  really decent storage space all things considered.

We totally love everything about it except for the fact that we don't have 10% to put down on a place that expensive.  We'd have to either find someone to do 5% (if anyone still does that) or do an FHA loan.  I kind of want to throw in an offer anyhow, just so they have my name down as someone that wants it - its at the verrry first phase in the short sale where they haven't even told the bank they want one yet so i'd just have to toss an offer in and let it sit.    Although depending on how long the whole process takes I'd probably have 10% by the time they got around to me *cough*

Back