Organic Farmers Market

Kaiser Permanente Hospital off Sand Canyon and the 405 has a new Organic Farmers Market every Friday from 10 am - 2 pm. It's open to the public, so you don't have to be a member of Kaiser.

They had tons of fresh fruit, veggies, nuts, hummus & pita stand, flowers, breads and flavored olive oils. The fruit and veggie stands have lots of interesting items like various types of heirloom tomatoes you would never see at the grocery store.

Word is still getting out about it, so right now it has not been crowded at all. ;-)

I'm not sure on all the prices... since I did not go to all the stands. I can say some of the stands were better priced than others. They guy who has the largest stand in the middle has really good prices on avacados and oranges. Also bought some squash and figs. Squash and figs were really cheap! One of the stands has really nice large white peaches, but she seemed a little pricey... but very good quality.

Argh, too many of these are during work hours that I cannot make it to... my only options are the Irvine Farmer's Mkt @ UCI or grabbing stuff from the OC Marketplace...

Back