Orchard Hills - Vista Scena Vs Cypress Village - Jasmine

sweetsam

Does anyone know which one of them has higher value - Orchard Hills - Vista Scena Vs Cypress Village - Jasmine? except for the attached vs detached, there i snot much difference in the floor plan.

For resale purposes, free standing wins over attached. Location advantages for the two is subjective as they each have their own perks. Both are overall good investments. Choose the one that works best for your situation.

Thanks! but Jasmine has a huge waiting list where as vista scena seems to be taking in easily. Was it supposed to be other way as OH is in better location. I want to get an idea of all pros and cons for these two before making a decision and all the posts listed earlier had very valuable suggestions.

sweetsam said:
Thanks! but Jasmine has a huge waiting list where as vista scena seems to be taking in easily. Was it supposed to be other way as OH is in better location. I want to get an idea of all pros and cons for these two before making a decision and all the posts listed earlier had very valuable suggestions.

That's the detached versus attached that everyone is talking about.  Since location here is subjective, the market is saying detached all day every day.

Yes, location is subjective here, and as a primary residence you'll have to pick what works for you. But from an investment stand point I would consider the fact that a home at this size and pricing point is likely a starter home for a younger family that will likely be attracted to the convenience factors that Cypress Village presents, such as having quicker freeway access, being closer to shops and restaurants, and being walking distance to elementary school. This also means Jasmine will likely be easier to rent out as well if you ever have to go that route.

demand when the homes are new vs. when the homes become resale can be quite different. Case in point, Laguna Altura homes were lagging behind other new developments. But the home prices in LA jump a lot after every thing sold out.

I am not saying OH is the next LA, you just need to be cautious of using demand of brand new homes to project future resale demand of the same product.

sweetsam said:

I don't know if you are aware that Jasmine at Cypress village is same as San Mateo at Stonegate and also same as Siena at Laguna Altura.  If you like Jasmine and there's long waiting list for them, you might want to search for San Mateo or Siena at existing home market. 

Just toured Vista Scena and Entrata over the weekend, it's crazy what Entrata is asking for with no yard whatsoever.  As much as I love OH, I do think a detached product will always fetch higher dollars than an attached property. However, I know I personally wouldn't want to live that close to the 5 Freeway.

sweetsam said:
Jasmine has a huge waiting list where as vista scena seems to be taking in easily.

That answers your question which one has higher value.

I dont think that long waiting list =higher value, all the new constructions initially begin with less crowd and towards the end it  is ending up with more crowd. And should we be paying more 50k for jasmine as its attached but exactly similar to vista scena floor plan, is it even worth it?

sweetsam said:
I dont think that long waiting list =higher value

Of course it does...long waiting list = higher demand.  Higher demand (given a fixed supply) will always lead to higher cost/value (depending on which side of the fence you're on).  Economics 101. =)

gasman said:
sweetsam said:
I dont think that long waiting list =higher value

Of course it does...long waiting list = higher demand.  Higher demand (given a fixed supply) will always lead to higher cost/value (depending on which side of the fence you're on).  Economics 101. =)

Probably you are in favor of Jasmine, their supply cost is increasing exponentially and solving for the variable by considering only high demand factor n leaving other factors will always be a problem Mathematics :)

So I am even looking for other factors as well.

sweetsam said:
Probably you are in favor of Jasmine, their supply cost is increasing exponentially and solving for the variable by considering only high demand factor n leaving other factors will always be a problem Mathematics :)

So I am even looking for other factors as well.

I'm not in favor of anything...none of these products interest me.  Good luck with your statistical analysis.

Vista Scena has different layouts, some of them are attached residences (res 3, 1 and 2) and few of them are duplex style (res 2 and 1), Will there be any advantage if it is duplex style?

Location, location and location. Location is valued highly over product performance if you plan to sell someday. I value product performance over location myself but I don't recommend it for most of you. I see my home as a long term satisfaction and a lifestyle comfort. Many see resale opportunity as a main factor and are willing to make lifestyle and privacy sacrifices for that one day when they need to sell.

Well, my wife and I live in Cypress Village and will be moving to OH.  These are our reasons so obviously they may not be important to all:

1.  Cypress village school: I'm sure Portola High will be an excellent school but located on a toxic site and right next to the largest jail in OC.  I know this has been discussed ad nauseum here but i have young kids and I won't risk it.

2. Cypress Village proximity to noise and pollution:  great park--again toxic ground and radioactive facility. An excellent view of the bowers landfill up sand canyon.  immediately close to the 5 freeway etc...

3. Resale value: who knows but in light of #1 and 2 above, we believe OH may have a higher ceiling in the future. 

4.  Landscaping: subjective but we didn't like cypress village or stonegate due to the flat topography with endless rows of homes and lack of any view

Anyway, these were our reasons and everyone will agree to disagree

Irvinedoc said:
Well, my wife and I live in Cypress Village and will be moving to OH.  These are our reasons so obviously they may not be important to all:

1.  Cypress village school: I'm sure Portola High will be an excellent school but located on a toxic site and right next to the largest jail in OC.  I know this has been discussed ad nauseum here but i have young kids and I won't risk it.

2. Cypress Village proximity to noise and pollution:  great park--again toxic ground and radioactive facility. An excellent view of the bowers landfill up sand canyon.  immediately close to the 5 freeway etc...

3. Resale value: who knows but in light of #1 and 2 above, we believe OH may have a higher ceiling in the future. 

4.  Landscaping: subjective but we didn't like cypress village or stonegate due to the flat topography with endless rows of homes and lack of any view

Anyway, these were our reasons and everyone will agree to disagree

Wow, you're like those idiots that bought in Stonegate because of Northwood High.  Did you even bother to look at the attendance boundaries?  I won't go into the other points as they are even more misinformed.

Got a couple of friends that moved to Cypress Village and Stonegate and are now planning to make the jump to OH. Apparently the freeway, the pollution, the landfill (which you can see off the mountain side), the new high school was not considered  :-\. They all said the price point was the main factor. Guess everyone has different priorities.

Irvinedoc said:
right next to the largest jail in OC.

No, Musick is the SMALLEST jail in O.C. Theo Lacy in Orange is the largest.

# of beds:
Musick = approx. 1,250 (estimates range from 1,250 to 1,322 depending on the source)
Central Jail Complex in Santa Ana = 2,664
Theo Lacy = 3,100 to 3,442 maximum capacity

Musick will add 512 beds next year. After that expansion, it will still serve the least number of inmates in the county.

Back