Orchard Hills - The Groves - Keystone Pacific & HOA

irvineoc2016

I'd like to hear responses from any owners in The Groves who have had to deal directly with the people at Keystone Pacific and the HOA. I'd like to know the issue(s) you had - whether it was something you needed Keystone to do or whether it was an overture on their part - and how the people at Keystone responded and what actions they took.

I'd also like to hear from owners regarding the excessive traffic build up at the Settlers entrance in the mornings and afternoons due to parents who are improperly using the park to drop off and pick up their children. I'd like to hear responses to how this daily buildup impedes the ability to even exit or enter the community and what, if any, actions you've taken to deal with this. As it stands, the people at Keystone and the HOA refuse to do anything to remedy this situation.

There's a huge WhatsApp message thread where residents talk about Keystone/HOA/Issues. You might be better served through that channel.

OH middle school and IPD are aware and condone school pick up and drop off at Settlers Park. If you are unhappy, contact IPD, the OH principal/TUSD, and ?City Council. It would probably work better if it came from the HOA but it sounds like that route isn't working.

Chegg - send a link

iacrenter - it is the responsibility of Keystone and the HOA to ensure that homeowners can get in and out of the community for which they pay. An individual taking the route you recommend will yield nothing.

Maybe time to go grass roots. Start on Next Door and recruit a small group of dedicated volunteers.

Fines for what? I've never, ever seen this person out in front of the entrance on Settlers in the morning or afternoon when there are dozens, and sometimes multiple dozens, of parents dropping off their children and completely blocking the ability of residents to exit or enter the community for which they pay. This situation was bad when OH school first extended the classes down to K, but it has metastasized into an thoroughly untenable situation; these parents are aggressive, obnoxious and rude - they do not care that they're encroaching on private property and driving or parking illegally - they just do whatever they want.

Keystone, the HOA, the Irvine PD and the OH school are responsible for this situation and they are the ones who must fix it.

There are also many other situations that this person and the HOA are not addressing. They have no compunction charging residents these monthly fees but good luck getting them to do anything for the money they're paid. This guy Brad is nothing but a mealy mouthed milquetoast; as far as anyone can tell - and I've heard from many people in the community - he doesn't really do anything.

Impressive vocab!

metastasized
untenable
encroaching
compunction
mealy
milquetoast

You should write a strongly worded letter to all of the parties you mention!

Settlers Park is not part of the Groves HOA and is open to the public and maintained by Irvine. Same thing with the the road accessing the park. You should be addressing questions of traffic, parking and park access with the city and IPD.

If you stop parents using the park, it will likely cause traffic to backup along Culver and still block access to the Groves.

Maybe you should learn how to read.

The traffic that is going into Settlers Park is spilling over into the entrance of The Groves. That means that the cars that the parents who are using the park to drop off their children end up into the area positioned right before the entry lanes to The Groves; these people are also using the turnaround lane positioned right in front the guard house; they are also parking along the street right underneath signs stating "No Parking" and "No Stopping". The people dropping off their children are blocking the entry and exit of the homeowners who are paying mortgages and the HOA fees every month.

As far as traffic backing up on Culver, I don't care. As long as they are not turning into the entry way for the The Groves; and that includes the entry on Furrow. These people chose to send their children to the OH school. It is the parents and the school who have to figure out how to deal with the logistics of dropping off and picking up the students without affecting the rights of the homeowners. It is not the homeowners responsibility to bear the burden of these children and their parents who don't know how to conduct themselves.

As far as traffic backing up on Culver, I don't care. As long as they are not turning into the entry way for the The Grove
Brilliant. If only more people could emulate this thinking, then we could live in peaceful harmony. IrvineOC2016 for Mayor!

Brilliant. If only more people could emulate this thinking, then we could live in peaceful harmony. IrvineOC2016 for Mayor!
Typical @sshole mentality. Dont give a shiit about everyone else.
How about leaving the 10 min earlier to avoid school traffic?

The road leading up to your gate is public. It will be IPD responsible for parking and moving violations not your HOA.

Traffic on Culver will significantly slow your ability to turn into the gate.

Last edited:
Irvine sounds like a total clusterf*ck these days. Who would want to endure these types of annoyances especially at the current price levels?

Danimal: Wrong. How about these parents park in the shopping center parking lot and have their children walk to the school so that they stop interfering with the property rights of home owners? How about having these people deal with the responsibilities of the choice they made instead of putting the burden on someone else? How about I gather a group of people to bring their cars every morning and afternoon, park in front of your house, and have breakfast and lunch cookouts on the street that interfere with your ability to get out of your driveway? I'm sure you'd change your tune real fast if that happened.

iacrenter: you're really confused and seem to have a reading comprehension problem. The traffic that comes into the park spills over into and blocks the entrance to the private property. And again, a significant number of these cars are not going into the park; they're parking on the street all the way up to the entry and exit lanes. Thus it is the responsibility of Keystone and the HOA to address and resolve this issue. And the assertion about what will happen to traffic on Culver is flat out wrong.

Fines for what? I've never, ever seen this person out in front of the entrance on Settlers in the morning or afternoon when there are dozens, and sometimes multiple dozens, of parents dropping off their children and completely blocking the ability of residents to exit or enter the community for which they pay. This situation was bad when OH school first extended the classes down to K, but it has metastasized into an thoroughly untenable situation; these parents are aggressive, obnoxious and rude - they do not care that they're encroaching on private property and driving or parking illegally - they just do whatever they want.

Keystone, the HOA, the Irvine PD and the OH school are responsible for this situation and they are the ones who must fix it.

There are also many other situations that this person and the HOA are not addressing. They have no compunction charging residents these monthly fees but good luck getting them to do anything for the money they're paid. This guy Brad is nothing but a mealy mouthed milquetoast; as far as anyone can tell - and I've heard from many people in the community - he doesn't really do anything.
Ahhh, you're talking about outside the gates. I was referring to the fire zone by Settlers Park where resident's block the cul-de-sac for drop off.

Honestly, the traffic overflow in the front is annoying, but it's only a minor delay. 🤷‍♂️

So you want to address the problem by deflecting it to shopping center. Wouldnt that cause issue for shoppers or business owners? Genius. Have some regards for other people instead of just yourself would you? Definitely should run for irvine mayor.
Must I remind you that It is the same 5-10 min inconvenience with every single school located in every neighborhood.

LA/OC traffic is also a problem. Move everyone to other states? 😀

Chegg:

These are simply permutations of the same problem, and the fire lane issue doesn't just happen on Lowland, on the other side of the park; it also happens on Fiddle Bow and Sunset Cove.

Danimal:

You're a real piece of work. How about you pay my mortgage? What? You don't like that? Why don't you "[h]ave regards for other people instead of just yourself..."?

"Must I remind you that It is the same 5-10 min inconvenience with every single school located in every neighborhood."

This is deflection, Irrelevant and not my problem

"LA/OC traffic is also a problem."

Deflection, irrelevant and not my problem.

"Move everyone to other states?"

Cute.

Attached is a photo of two of the signs on the entry side of The Groves. These signs are posted in a way that makes them visible to all. The first sign is more than obvious, but people ignore it. The second sign clearly states this is "Private Property" and that "Orchard Hills School and Settlers Park Parking is Prohibited." It's unfortunate that so many of the people who went to California public grade and high schools have a problem with conceptual and linguistic nuance and precision, especially those in OC, but these signs are quite clear.

The person Keystone assigned to this community doesn't do his job because he can't do his job. That, however, doesn't change the fact that this situation is the responsibility of Keystone and the HOA to address and resolve this issue.

Attachments

• OH - Settlers Signs.jpg
    OH - Settlers Signs.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 11
Chegg:

These are simply permutations of the same problem, and the fire lane issue doesn't just happen on Lowland, on the other side of the park; it also happens on Fiddle Bow and Sunset Cove.

Danimal:

You're a real piece of work. How about you pay my mortgage? What? You don't like that? Why don't you "[h]ave regards for other people instead of just yourself..."?

"Must I remind you that It is the same 5-10 min inconvenience with every single school located in every neighborhood."

This is deflection, Irrelevant and not my problem

"LA/OC traffic is also a problem."

Deflection, irrelevant and not my problem.

"Move everyone to other states?"

Cute.

Attached is a photo of two of the signs on the entry side of The Groves. These signs are posted in a way that makes them visible to all. The first sign is more than obvious, but people ignore it. The second sign clearly states this is "Private Property" and that "Orchard Hills School and Settlers Park Parking is Prohibited." It's unfortunate that so many of the people who went to California public grade and high schools have a problem with conceptual and linguistic nuance and precision, especially those in OC, but these signs are quite clear.

The person Keystone assigned to this community doesn't do his job because he can't do his job. That, however, doesn't change the fact that this situation is the responsibility of Keystone and the HOA to address and resolve this issue.
Mr/Ms/Other future Mayor, I humbly submit to you this thought - if you're looking for a solution to the traffic problem I don't think you're going to find it arguing with strangers on the internet.

Last edited:
Back