Orchard Hills - Strada by Irvine Pacific

Perspective said:
Received our "welcome to Strada" moment within 24 hours of closing escrow. As I was putting sample paint colors on the walls yesterday, I noticed our neighbors doing their final walk-through. After walking around their house in the mud, an elderly lady with jet-black died hair and a full inch of gray roots ruining the illusion, started to wipe her shoes on the grass parkway. She abruptly stopped, looked around, walked over to the grass parkway in front of our house, and aggressively wiped her shoes. Nice. Thanks neighbor!

:-\

Perspective said:
Received our "welcome to Strada" moment within 24 hours of closing escrow. As I was putting sample paint colors on the walls yesterday, I noticed our neighbors doing their final walk-through. After walking around their house in the mud, an elderly lady with jet-black died hair and a full inch of gray roots ruining the illusion, started to wipe her shoes on the grass parkway. She abruptly stopped, looked around, walked over to the grass parkway in front of our house, and aggressively wiped her shoes. Nice. Thanks neighbor!

Was it a FCB?

Perspective said:

Congratulations on your new home!  Aside from this particular neighbor, have you met/seen other neighbors?  What's the demographics?

NO mail service!

We have to drive to the Tustin P.O which is on 1st St. (nowhere near where I drive).

My issue is knowing if I have things returned to me and sending out letters. BIG hassle for me.

I take my mail to the Murphy station. Picked up my mail from Tustin twice and I've been here since before Thanksgiving.

They have a route for us. We have installed and locked cluster boxes.

I have called customer service and they sent me a card in the mail to follow up on my case. I'm returning it today. We should be able to have a service class E box but nope. Stand in line to get the mail.

Irvine Fanatic said:
Perspective said:

Was it a FCB?

Who knows if they're foreign and/or paid cash. Their first language is Chinese, but they could be US citizens and financing 80%.

A S said:
Perspective said:

Congratulations on your new home!  Aside from this particular neighbor, have you met/seen other neighbors?  What's the demographics?

I met our rear neighbors months ago through TI! Cool young couple with a small child. We've met our next door neighbors too, but not many others. From my limited exposure, the demographics appear to be exactly what you'd expect in a newer Irvine neighborhood.

An address on our street is 104. That likely affects the demographics of this house. We'll see.

Perspective said:
A S said:
Perspective said:

I met our rear neighbors months ago through TI! Cool young couple with a small child. We've met our next door neighbors too, but not many others. From my limited exposure, the demographics appear to be exactly what you'd expect in a newer Irvine neighborhood.

An address on our street is 104. That likely affects the demographics of this house. We'll see.

Congratulations Perspective - -Welcome to the neighborhood -- Drove by on coppermine a few days back and the culdesac looks beautiful.
We have been here the last few months and so far all of our neighbors have been very pleasant . In Strada -- The demographic is mostly like the typical Irvine new builds -- roughly 80% Asian / 10% Indian / 10% Caucasian -- comparatively the other new builds would have a more percentage of Indians (CV, Stonegate, PP etc).

TJinOH said:
Have you guys participated in any of the coffee and chat events for Village 2 yet?

you mean the HOA meetings? -- nope haven't been to them -- mostly the timing doesn't work out.

Jonah said:
DrTravel said:
Strada is a favorite on these boards. Anyone have any input of buying in any future phases? 
I took at look at new lots this week and was surprised at the small setbacks.  Earlier phases on the other side have had more variety.  Personally I wouldn't pick a lot that backs onto a hillside unless it had a good setback, which none of the current hillside lots appear to have.  If you're wanting a 3/3X, then I think 173 or 175 offer the best out of the current crop.  For upcoming phases, I'd be interested in 171 on Thoroughbred (Phase 26?) which I'm guessing is a 3X.  The lots down that side of Thoroughbred look a bit deeper than other side of Thoroughbred and one side of Ironhorse, so I think most Plan 3s would work there with the exception of the one that runs adjacent to a drive-way, (although that might appeal to some).
On reflection, I'd go for a lot on the east side of Thoroughbred in the upcoming phase for the simple reason that you'll have more chance of a view of the hills from your living room, master bedroom and bonus room.  Facing the other way, you'll have a view of rooftops. 

Just found out via a neighbor that a house on the recently COE side of Copper Mine side was in escrow.  I don't know which plan or price, but unfortunate for the seller.

sky949 said:
Perspective said:
A S said:
Perspective said:

Congratulations Perspective - -Welcome to the neighborhood -- Drove by on coppermine a few days back and the culdesac looks beautiful.
We have been here the last few months and so far all of our neighbors have been very pleasant . In Strada -- The demographic is mostly like the typical Irvine new builds -- roughly 80% Asian / 10% Indian / 10% Caucasian -- comparatively the other new builds would have a more percentage of Indians (CV, Stonegate, PP etc).

Congratulations Perspective.  Copper Mine and Quarter Horse are looking real nice.  The neighborhood is shaping up beautifully.

Does anyone know what the rules are on Directv satellite dishes in Orchard Hills or Strada? Can they be mounted on roof or side of house? Any info is appreciated.

Here are the latest prices and availability. Strada sales have slowed down a bit - 7 homes still available from the previous two phases released in November and December of 2015. They released the last phase (lots 180-185 and 191-194) the past week because 5 were already "pre-sold" prior to their release. I'm looking at pre-buying in the next phase next week. They have one home from Phase 15 (I believe) 71 Quarter Horse which has been available for awhile. Went and looked at it - has a tiny yard which is the norm but the yard never gets any sun because it's on the north side of the house. Overall kind of dark and dreary feeling.

Attachments

• Strada - Availability.jpg
    Strada - Availability.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 302
  • Strada Price Sheet.pdf
    334.9 KB · Views: 245
Looking for some opinions from all of the aesthetic experts out there. Thinking about buying a Strada plan 3. There are two upcoming lots which meet our location requirements - one is the Formal Spanish exterior and the other is the Northern Italian. I will post pictures of the two. The Formal Spanish looks good although it is a little pink. We are not crazy about the lack of a roof overhang at the front, the short roof overhang on the sides and the fact that the main entrance door is flush with the front wall.

Attachments

• Formal Spanish Home.jpg
    Formal Spanish Home.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 181
  • Formal Spanish.jpg
    Formal Spanish.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 149
  • Strada - Formal Spanish.jpg
    Strada - Formal Spanish.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 163
Here is the Northern Italian. The picture of the house is not a plan 3 but you get the idea. Just a tad bit dark but OK. So what do the TI experts think? I'm sure many have opinions and can point out things we haven't considered.

Attachments

• Northern Italian Home.jpg
    Northern Italian Home.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 185
  • Northern Italian.jpg
    Northern Italian.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 132
  • Strada - Northern Italian.jpg
    Strada - Northern Italian.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 162
I would go with N. Italian for sure.  I think every front door should have an adequate overhang.  Although it doesnt rain much, it would be huge to have that for rainy days.  Most important however is not having direct sun hit your front door.  It would depend on what direction the door faces but I have seen many many doors that fade because of direct sunlight on the door.  When that happens, it really makes your home look cheap...

Yes... I agree hello... if you can't have a porch, at least have some type of overhang.

That reminds me of those Mulberry homes in CV where the front door is almost on the motorcourt.

Any idea how much the next plan 3x's are going to go for in the upcoming releases? I don't believe there have been any released for a few phases now.

DrTravel said:
Looking for some opinions from all of the aesthetic experts out there. Thinking about buying a Strada plan 3. There are two upcoming lots which meet our location requirements - one is the Formal Spanish exterior and the other is the Northern Italian. I will post pictures of the two. The Formal Spanish looks good although it is a little pink. We are not crazy about the lack of a roof overhang at the front, the short roof overhang on the sides and the fact that the main entrance door is flush with the front wall.

Are the two lots equally good and meet your requirements?  I would personally put more weight on lot location than exterior and color.  We prefer a cooler house, so we avoid buying homes where the afternoon sun shines on the main living areas (great room, kitchen, master bedroom), since afternoon sun is hotter than morning sun.  With that said, the worst Strada color combination has to be the peach/orange gingerbread house.  I think the slightly pink Spanish exterior actually makes the house look bigger.

Back