Orchard Hills - Strada by Irvine Pacific

8porkchop said:
Jonah said:
8porkchop said:
As for Jonah, we just got our landscaper. It's good to get the landscaping done early if you can. The less amount of neighbors usually means a faster approval. I would recommend you my landscaper but you have nobody to compare to.
Thanks, I'll probably get another landscaper to take a look to do a comparison so if you're happy with yours, I'd appreciate the referral. 
Hey Jonah, we are going to submit our plan soon. Be prepared because there is a lot of paperwork that is needed and fees as well. Also, he have a decent size backyard so we are going all out. We plan on a California room, built in bbq, firepit, and water fountain, so I feel our quote was a fair price. If you're looking to go big then I'll give you the referral.

What's a "decent" sized backyard? You're pimping your backyard! Should be fun once it's done. Care to share how much you're spending?

malteselover said:
Harajuku said:
qwerty said:
malteselover - dont worry about AA's hating, as i was reading your description i was visualizing walking my dogs in the avocado orchards as i smelled the clean air after the rain, looking up the at the grey sky and thinking of what i would have for my next meal :)  it was all very relaxing until someone walked into my office and interrupted me.

But isn't AA comment part of the unwritten rules in TI?  I can think of some:
1.  Thou shall live in Irvine and Irvine only.  Do not live elsewhere if you don?t want to be called poor.
2.  Thou shall say that MY neighborhood/village/community is the best.  All others are idiots for buying other village although it is less than 1 mile away.
3.  Thou shall not express your happiness/excitement about your home purchase as it will trigger jealousy and/or potential suspicion that you work for the builder. 
4.  Thou shall waste time debating which school is the best regardless of the marginal difference. 

I am being sarcastic if it is not obvious.

Haha....... This made me laugh out loud! Note to self never write anything positive here ;) You guys are awesome........ Thanks for the smile Harajuku : )

You are welcome.  :).  Please continue posting positive comments.  We need more happy people on the forum. 

8porkchop said:
Jonah said:
Hey Jonah, we are going to submit our plan soon. Be prepared because there is a lot of paperwork that is needed and fees as well. Also, he have a decent size backyard so we are going all out. We plan on a California room, built in bbq, firepit, and water fountain, so I feel our quote was a fair price. If you're looking to go big then I'll give you the referral.
That is going to look very impressive, it's great you'll have the space for all that too.  We're not looking to go big, in fact we're not sure what we want so will need a good landscaper to give us some ideas.  We have a modest budget.

Perspective said:
jayjaym3 said:
For those who mentioned getting an allowance and/or discount from the design center, could you elaborate on this?  I thought they weren't offering any discounts but I'd be a happy camper if they are!

Builders typically provide you a token/nominal discount for the standard material they won't be installing. That may be what this "discount" is at Strada.

Thanks for the info everyone. Flooring decisions will be difficult. One issue with plan 3 is that there isn't an easy "line" to separate the great room from the kitchen dining area. Plan 2 can be "cut" cleanly. Has anyone chosen to have different flooring in the kitchen/dining area than in the living area in plan 3? If so, where did you draw the line?

I understand what you mean by plan 2 can be cut cleanly while plan 3 isn't. I'm also curious to know if any of the owners have decided to go with half tile half wood for either 2 or 3. That would save at least 1/3 of the cost and less hassle to remove the tile. Not sure how it looks after all. Any one can share a photo showing this? Thx. 

Harajuku said:
But isn't AA comment part of the unwritten rules in TI?  I can think of some:
1.  Thou shall live in Irvine and Irvine only.  Do not live elsewhere if you don?t want to be called poor.
2.  Thou shall say that MY neighborhood/village/community is the best.  All others are idiots for buying other village although it is less than 1 mile away.
3.  Thou shall not express your happiness/excitement about your home purchase as it will trigger jealousy and/or potential suspicion that you work for the builder. 
4.  Thou shall waste time debating which school is the best regardless of the marginal difference. 

I am being sarcastic if it is not obvious.
I'm waiting for the other 6 of these 10 TI Commandments.

Or did something like this happen?
https://youtu.be/I48hr8HhDv0?t=44

Yardmatters said:
Perspective said:
jayjaym3 said:
For those who mentioned getting an allowance and/or discount from the design center, could you elaborate on this?  I thought they weren't offering any discounts but I'd be a happy camper if they are!

Builders typically provide you a token/nominal discount for the standard material they won't be installing. That may be what this "discount" is at Strada.

Thanks for the info everyone. Flooring decisions will be difficult. One issue with plan 3 is that there isn't an easy "line" to separate the great room from the kitchen dining area. Plan 2 can be "cut" cleanly. Has anyone chosen to have different flooring in the kitchen/dining area than in the living area in plan 3? If so, where did you draw the line?

I understand what you mean by plan 2 can be cut cleanly while plan 3 isn't. I'm also curious to know if any of the owners have decided to go with half tile half wood for either 2 or 3. That would save at least 1/3 of the cost and less hassle to remove the tile. Not sure how it looks after all. Any one can share a photo showing this? Thx.

One viable plan I'm considering, is to select nice tile for the builder to install in the baths, laundry, and kitchen with standard carpet everywhere else. I'd have the tile in the Plan 3 kitchen stop where the cabinets stop, which is probably a foot or two beyond the island. Then rip-out all of the carpet and replace it with hardwood flooring after COE.

ps9 said:
Did a lot of Strada just hit MLS?

Based on the square footage, looks like they're all Plan 1s. Agree with a previous comment, the Plan 1 living room is on the small side. I think they did themselves a disservice with the built in in the model home living room. Had they shown the standard Thermafoil cabinets and lighter colors in that model, I think it would make the house appear larger.

Drove around the neighborhood last week, looks like one house on Cherokee is already up for lease. I believe it's a Plan 3, wonder how much monthly rent it will fetch. Quarter Horse looked cramped with cars, but Copper Mine looked wider.

Confusing, this is listed in the description:

'close proximity to award-winning Irvine Unified Schools'

Yet it's zoned to TUSD (super crowded Hicks Canyon if K-4)

Zip code is 92602, are the IUSD zoned Stradas a different zip code?

ps9 said:

is it confusing or factually correct? :)

A S said:
Drove around the neighborhood last week, looks like one house on Cherokee is already up for lease. I believe it's a Plan 3, wonder how much monthly rent it will fetch. Quarter Horse looked cramped with cars, but Copper Mine looked wider.
The listing was for $4,800/m.  I forgot what the exact address was but I looked it up when we were in Strada visiting our friends.

qwerty said:
ps9 said:

is it confusing or factually correct? :)

Ok, it's deceiving then...  :)

Just waiting for an angry newbie to post about how he thought his Strada home was IUSD but turned out to be TUSD. Or vice versa. 

Jonah said:
ps9 said:

I think this must be it.  Cherokee is a nice street.
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/59-Cherokee-Irvine-CA-92602/2102652403_zpid/

We were at the Strada office snooping and apparently the owner had some UCI students that wanted to rent it but eventually turned them down.

My wife and I just dread neighbor who are renters from past experience.  Our last home in Irvine had renters immediately next door to us and also three houses down.

Our immediate neighbor were quite nice but they had about 3 families sharing the home, clogging up the parking space badly on the street.

The neighbor that was 3 houses down were a group of students.  They were a nightmare.

Perspective said:
Yardmatters said:
Perspective said:
jayjaym3 said:

One viable plan I'm considering, is to select nice tile for the builder to install in the baths, laundry, and kitchen with standard carpet everywhere else. I'd have the tile in the Plan 3 kitchen stop where the cabinets stop, which is probably a foot or two beyond the island. Then rip-out all of the carpet and replace it with hardwood flooring after COE.
Just for reference, our demo of tiles.  Wasn't bad at all.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 274
timandjess said:
Jonah said:
ps9 said:

I think this must be it.  Cherokee is a nice street.
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/59-Cherokee-Irvine-CA-92602/2102652403_zpid/

We were at the Strada office snooping and apparently the owner had some UCI students that wanted to rent it but eventually turned them down.

My wife and I just dread neighbor who are renters from past experience.  Our last home in Irvine had renters immediately next door to us and also three houses down.

Our immediate neighbor were quite nice but they had about 3 families sharing the home, clogging up the parking space badly on the street.

The neighbor that was 3 houses down were a group of students.  They were a nightmare.

Isn't OH a bit far for UCI students?

Multiple families and students definitely create issues.  Unfortunately in the brand new development like this, we have no control over who is buying or renting next door. 

Back