Orchard Hills - Strada by Irvine Pacific

lnc said:
My wife did observe in several occasions that students climb over the fence from either Entrata or Vista Scena to enter the school.  I'd assume they are the resident of these community but after reading the post above, some students might be just use these adjacent community for their convenience.

But Strada is more difficult to access from the high school than Entrata or Vista Scena.  In order to get to Strada from the high school ground, one have to climb over a fence and climb over a small hill full of avocado orchards.  Maybe there's something special about Strada. :)

Totally agree with u, who don't want to risk their chance of being caught to get to attractive Strada so that they can play at that half basketball court?  >:D

Sales once told me that there will be a walkable path to access the NHS from where Vista Scena and Corte Bella joints. This is a plus since otherwise the kids have to walk all the way down to Portola and turn back to the main entrance.

Yardmatters said:
lnc said:
My wife did observe in several occasions that students climb over the fence from either Entrata or Vista Scena to enter the school.  I'd assume they are the resident of these community but after reading the post above, some students might be just use these adjacent community for their convenience.

But Strada is more difficult to access from the high school than Entrata or Vista Scena.  In order to get to Strada from the high school ground, one have to climb over a fence and climb over a small hill full of avocado orchards.  Maybe there's something special about Strada. :)

Totally agree with u, who don't want to risk their chance of being caught to get to attractive Strada so that they can play at that half basketball court?  >:D

Sales once told me that there will be a walkable path to access the NHS from where Vista Scena and Corte Bella joints. This is a plus since otherwise the kids have to walk all the way down to Portola and turn back to the main entrance.

Yardmatters -- I think that pathway to Northwood high from Vista Scena is a no go and IP dropped the idea -- It was dropped precisely to avoid the scenario that is being discussed - to avoid the issue with school kids cars getting parked closer to the residences and kids coming into the community -- so its both a plus and a minus -- If some one has more updated information about this pathway, please provide.

I have also been multiple times to Strada during the weekdays and have never seen kids loitering. I have seen some kids sit at the Corte bella park, but not sure if they are from the school or the community. If you look at the map of Non-gated side of OH, Strada would be the most illogical place for the northwood kids to loiter.

AA: Its good that the school has sent out a circular, so that if kids were even planning on coming to OH or "specifically to Strada", it would discourage them -- Not sure why you would take this as a negative and suddenly "Drop the price of the community".

sky949 said:
Yardmatters said:
lnc said:

Yardmatters -- I think that pathway to Northwood high from Vista Scena is a no go and IP dropped the idea -- It was dropped precisely to avoid the scenario that is being discussed - to avoid the issue with school kids cars getting parked closer to the residences and kids coming into the community -- so its both a plus and a minus -- If some one has more updated information about this pathway, please provide.

I have also been multiple times to Strada during the weekdays and have never seen kids loitering. I have seen some kids sit at the Corte bella park, but not sure if they are from the school or the community. If you look at the map of Non-gated side of OH, Strada would be the most illogical place for the northwood kids to loiter.

AA: Its good that the school has sent out a circular, so that if kids were even planning on coming to OH or "specifically to Strada", it would discourage them -- Not sure why you would take this as a negative and suddenly "Drop the price of the community".

Hi sky949, thanks for sharing your updates. Oh, that is quite a walk for Strada kids to NHS in this case. But good thing is no single big street to cross.

In fact I'd wish the Strada price drop or at least move flat, so that I can have mine at better price. With today's price trend, it would burn a huge hole in my pocket! >:D >:D >:D

AA said:
I hear that there has been a lot of cars parked inside the OH development near Strada by students that attend Northwood High School.  Also, heard that lots of high school kids are loitering during break, lunch and after school in the area.  Has anyone have firsthand knowledge of this issue?  If true, this can be a deal breaker for many and values may go down.

I went to Strada today during lunch time. I went with an appointment for window measurement & estimate for Plantation shutters and also another vendor to Closet measurement and estimate. Yes, there were many cars around and parking was very difficult! The reason--- there were so many contractors, workers and inspectors working between  7 AM to 3 PM.  The sales office told me they prefer owners coming to the site for any measurement etc  after 3 PM because the  streets are crowed with vehicles. I would say there were at least 30 to 40 vehicles, and I would say there were as many people working at  Strada site

Well I mean when the lots only allow enough room for 1 car to fit on the street between driveways, what do you expect.

aquabliss said:
Well I mean when the lots only allow enough room for 1 car to fit on the street between driveways, what do you expect.

This is true. It's a bit surprising to see so many cars parked in driveways and on the street in the moved-in areas. I guess garages are storage areas after move-in before everything is moved into the house.

The homes in this release and the next on the east side of Copper Mine have 16'+ Setbacks. That's a decent yard, no? For a new Irvine home, that seems big. It's certainly no smaller than the backyards at Arcadia SG. I think these yards are bigger than most of the Capella homes' backyards in the gated half of OH.

TRNeighbor.com said:
malteselover said:
Tustin unified is Tustin and Irvine unified is Irvine. Enough said.  Our homesite is part of the IUSD. It's all about the resale.

Hmm...I thought it was about the education.
Oh, man! you are bad to point this out. LOL! 8) 8) 8) 8)

Perspective said:
The homes in this release and the next on the east side of Copper Mine have 16'+ Setbacks. That's a decent yard, no? For a new Irvine home, that seems big. It's certainly no smaller than the backyards at Arcadia SG. I think these yards are bigger than most of the Capella homes' backyards in the gated half of OH.

What's the setback if you add the conservatory option?

ariesinapril said:
AA said:
I hear that there has been a lot of cars parked inside the OH development near Strada by students that attend Northwood High School.  Also, heard that lots of high school kids are loitering during break, lunch and after school in the area.  Has anyone have firsthand knowledge of this issue?  If true, this can be a deal breaker for many and values may go down.

I went to Strada today during lunch time. I went with an appointment for window measurement & estimate for Plantation shutters and also another vendor to Closet measurement and estimate. Yes, there were many cars around and parking was very difficult! The reason--- there were so many contractors, workers and inspectors working between  7 AM to 3 PM.  The sales office told me they prefer owners coming to the site for any measurement etc  after 3 PM because the  streets are crowed with vehicles. I would say there were at least 30 to 40 vehicles, and I would say there were as many people working at  Strada site

May I ask which plan you have and what is the estimate for the plantation shutters?  Do most people get 3 1/2 or 4 1/2 inch shutter blades (sorry, don't know proper term)?  Thanks!

A S said:
ariesinapril said:
AA said:

May I ask which plan you have and what is the estimate for the plantation shutters?  Do most people get 3 1/2 or 4 1/2 inch shutter blades (sorry, don't know proper term)?  Thanks!

Get the clearview (no rod for shutter)

ChasingRainbows said:
Perspective said:

The setback numbers illustrate the distance from the kitchen wall to the block wall. The trellis sticks out 4-5 feet from the kitchen wall, but the CA room and conservatory only stick out a foot or two. The backyard will certainly feel the biggest with the CA room option, which is what we'd choose.

A S said:
ariesinapril said:
AA said:

I think $500 per window is a reasonable figure for nice plantation shutters in the aftermarket. Removal of the center rod adds 10% to the entire cost, but is worth it. Not only does it obstruct your view less, but it also makes it much easier to clean.

A S said:

I'm a huge fan of the wider blades (4.5"+).  However, that is contingent on getting a single swing frame for each window.  If you want dual frame, then get the smaller slats.

Just an FYI on the clearview...depending on how often you open/close the shutters, they have proven to wear a bit faster than traditional rod shutters.  The internals are difficult to service, unless their construction has improved in recent years.  It's definitely a cleaner look...just consider the potential issues in dealing with wear/tear.

If you get the clearview with the rod on the outside (I mean outside of the blades not on the outside of the shutter), it should be pretty easy to service.  I thought at first it would bug me to have the rod on the outside but I don't even notice it.  You won't see it when the shutter is closed and I don't really notice it anymore while open. 

Looks something like this, but mine is a bit less conspicuous (slim painted metal bar).
2k1mvk.jpg

aquabliss said:
If you get the clearview with the rod on the outside (I mean outside of the blades not on the outside of the shutter), it should be pretty easy to service.  I thought at first it would bug me to have the rod on the outside but I don't even notice it.  You won't see it when the shutter is closed and I don't really notice it anymore while open. 

Looks something like this, but mine is a bit less conspicuous (slim painted metal bar).
2k1mvk.jpg

+1 on this. =)

Perspective said:
ChasingRainbows said:
Perspective said:

The setback numbers illustrate the distance from the kitchen wall to the block wall. The trellis sticks out 4-5 feet from the kitchen wall, but the CA room and conservatory only stick out a foot or two. The backyard will certainly feel the biggest with the CA room option, which is what we'd choose.

Amazing how quickly we accept 16' as a decent setback in a million dollar home.  I agree it is not bad for new TIC builds.

wrigley said:
Perspective said:
ChasingRainbows said:
Perspective said:

Amazing how quickly we accept 16' as a decent setback in a million dollar home.  I agree it is not bad for new TIC builds.

Hey! You sound like my wife! After endless searching on Redfin and visiting models for many months, she finally accepted the 16' setback. It takes many millions to get everything you want around here.

Went to our walk-thru today and realized we do have view!
Its a little pathetic to call it view, but its view nonetheless.  ;D

Attachments

• Snapshot 1 (4-23-2015 12-19 AM).jpg
    Snapshot 1 (4-23-2015 12-19 AM).jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 306
Back