Orchard Hills - Strada by Irvine Pacific

A S said:
Saw a luxury mini bus parked outside of the sales office the other day and bunch of FCBs piled out.  A friend who lives in Saviero said this is a common occurrence and the sales lady told him that multiple families get together to buy a house.  Has anyone else heard about this?  My friend is now afraid of multiple cars parked in front of his $1.8M home and people not spending much on landscaping (won't even mention sense of community).

I don't think your friend needs to worry, TUSD is an FBC repellent.

Happiness said:
A S said:
Saw a luxury mini bus parked outside of the sales office the other day and bunch of FCBs piled out.  A friend who lives in Saviero said this is a common occurrence and the sales lady told him that multiple families get together to buy a house.  Has anyone else heard about this?  My friend is now afraid of multiple cars parked in front of his $1.8M home and people not spending much on landscaping (won't even mention sense of community).

I don't think your friend needs to worry, TUSD is an FBC repellent.

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. ---FDR

Keep worrying, till the worried becomes the worry...

Next weekend will be another phase release so there should be pricing info at the office this wednesday or Thursday.

The wife took this at the office today - looks like whole bunch of plan 1s left unsold.  A couple unsold ones are blocked by light reflection, can't tell what plans they are.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 357
timandjess said:
Next weekend will be another phase release so there should be pricing info at the office this wednesday or Thursday.

The wife took this at the office today - looks like whole bunch of plan 1s left unsold.  A couple unsold ones are blocked by light reflection, can't tell what plans they are.

Based on the phase map , the unsold lot in last phase is also a plan1. Why do you think plan 1's are not selling well? 

I think plan 1, for the money, it doesn't seem worth it.  The floor plan does not have anything that stands out or particularly attract a buyer. 

And by placing the stairway next to an already small living room, it pretty much renders the only living space down to nothing but a walkway from the kitchen to the stairs.

So for not much more money, you can go to a plan 2, or a Terraza plan 2(x).  Even the cheaper Terraza plan 1 feels significantly more comfortable and have more functional living area than the Strada plan 1.

For most buyers who exceeds the $1mil mark, I think they want to get more then what plan 1 offers.

same question I want to ask.

It's good for those who already on the boat. Not a good news for us who are still waiting for a bigger lot to be build up.... :'( :'( :'( :'(

sky949 said:
TRNeighbor.com said:
I heard plan 2s are going up $50k for the phase 13 release!

Is the prices rise because of Elevation and lot premiums? What is the base price increase?

sky949 said:
TRNeighbor.com said:
I heard plan 2s are going up $50k for the phase 13 release!

Is the prices rise because of Elevation and lot premiums? What is the base price increase?

I heard both Plan 2 & 3 are going up $30-$50k in base price due to demand for those two floor plans. Plan 1 has slight price increase to stay competitive with Terrazza.  Even if it actually boosts Terraza's sales, it's still a win-win for IP.

Guess we'll see this Saturday!

What is Elevation charge? I got in last month from what was available that time Plan 3E release 8. There was Elevation charge of 15K. I do not care about school district (No young children). There were also preselected upgrades worth of 28K so my price for that lot was 1,158,000.  California Room or conservatory  options was not available since it has passed that deadline! I got to select the flooring option and that made my price already  going above 1,200,000 ----- Waiting did not help FYI

Elevation = design of the exterior of the house.  Some elevations will cost extra due to materials, such as rock facing/veneer, additional trim, special siding, etc.  Usually, the stucco-based elevations are the cheapest.

ariesinapril said:
What is Elevation charge? I got in last month from what was available that time Plan 3E release 8. There was Elevation charge of 15K. I do not care about school district (No young children). There were also preselected upgrades worth of 28K so my price for that lot was 1,158,000.  California Room or conservatory  options was not available since it has passed that deadline! I got to select the flooring option and that made my price already  going above 1,200,000 ----- Waiting did not help FYI

Congrats on your purchase. I think you got the lot I was thinking about putting a deposit on. This was one of the last Plan 3's in the TUSD correct? The price point looked familiar. Aside from the flooring, were you able to put anything else in? Were you able to change out the cabinets?

gasman said:
ariesinapril said:
What is Elevation charge? I got in last month from what was available that time Plan 3E release 8. There was Elevation charge of 15K.
Elevation = design of the exterior of the house.  Some elevations will cost extra due to materials, such as rock facing/veneer, additional trim, special siding, etc.  Usually, the stucco-based elevations are the cheapest.

I believe the Tuscan elevation ("D" elevation) in the first picture with the expensive exterior stone facade and the Monterey elevation (the "E" elevation) in the second picture due to the balcony and the brick exterior facade have these extra elevation charges.

The 2nd picture is from plan 1, just use it to illustrate the balcony and the exterior since I can't find the image of plan3E with Monterey elevation but it's in the brochure. 

irvine_strada_3d-schemei2_pre02.jpg

Strada_P1_640x420_Ext-large.jpg

OC troll said:
Congrats on your purchase. I think you got the lot I was thinking about putting a deposit on. This was one of the last Plan 3's in the TUSD correct? The price point looked familiar. Aside from the flooring, were you able to put anything else in? Were you able to change out the cabinets?
Thanks! Yes the last batch under TUSD.  When I first went to Strada  they already had release 11 done--- and all Plan 3's & Plan 2 are already sold out in 9,10 &11. ,but  release 8 & 7 had  at least one  3 and couple of 2s. Later I found out release  9 onwards it IUSD so everyone is grabbing those sites even though some of the sites are very close to Culver drive on Horse Shoe street (but IUSD). I'm happy with my site I got  3E with balcony!  Unfortunately no-- I could not change the cabinets; I could only do stage 4 options that is flooring, epoxy in the garage etc.
But the 28K builder upgrades  that were included in the price were good too!
1.Mbath and Bath4 and kitchen  counter tops
2.showers in Mbath and Bath4 upgrade
3.upgraded wiring for fans and TV installation
4. Recess lighting
5. upgraded paint interior
6. extra insulation through out the house

Congrats Aries!
What are your thoughts on the extra insulation? I don't know if they've gotten to that step yet but if so, can you tell the difference?  Thanks!

jayjaym3 said:
Congrats Aries!
What are your thoughts on the extra insulation? I don't know if they've gotten to that step yet but if so, can you tell the difference?  Thanks!
All interior walls are insulated for noise. I do not think it  has anything to do with energy efficiency! Having TV in every room could get really noisy I guess!  The cost for this option is around $3700. This is also a stage 1 option selection --- needs to be done quite early in the process!. In my case builder picked that option!  -- that says something  -- builder knows their walls are really thin! ;D . Yards are so small and neighbors are all around; and having noise insulation may be a good thing in long run --  for a good nights sleep?

I would always recommend upgrading the insulation.  Even if it's going from batt to blown, it will make a difference.  Interior insulation, that's a personal preference, and is only for sound dampening.  Garage insulation, always, if it's an option.

gasman said:
I would always recommend upgrading the insulation.  Even if it's going from batt to blown, it will make a difference.  Interior insulation, that's a personal preference, and is only for sound dampening.  Garage insulation, always, if it's an option.

yeah i wanted to insulate our garage and that wasnt an option by William Lyon. Its like an oven in there in the summer or when it warms up during those mini heat waves in winter/fall/spring.

Back