Orchard Hills - Strada by Irvine Pacific

Nice Tim, my neighbor has a smaller back yard and he has a California room. He asked a contractor for a built in and he responded, where do you want it, In your kitchen? He didn't know that built ins are regulated to have a 2 1/2-3 foot distance from the wall. lol... The last 2 streets of the community will have some views, but you have to wait another 18 phases.

lnc said:
bones said:
What does the builder provided front yard landscaping consist of?  Is it hardscape as well as softscape?  Can you change it after COE if you don't like it?  Who maintains it after COE?

Usually just shrubs and few small tree that's required by HOA.  It includes irrigation and drainage but no other hardscapes.

You can change it after COE but need to met HOA requirement.  Owners are responsible for maintenance but there is a one year warranty just like rest of the house.  Any plants died or sprinklers broke down, builder will take care of it. 

I see.  What are the typical front street setbacks in the tracts they provide this?  If it's pretty small, then I can see the benefit of this.  If it's bigger, then I would want to do my own thing.  But I guess you can just rip it all out.  While the weeds over at the Groves (and other new developments without included front yard landscaping) can be unsightly, it's not forever.  Not sure this would determine where I bought.

timandjess said:
Here's a picture of our rear lot with conservatory.

That yard is so much better than the model home's.  I was curious to see pics of larger back yard since the one in the model home is pretty small and several people have commented that the regular back yard are much larger.  Thanks for sharing.

bones said:
lnc said:
bones said:
What does the builder provided front yard landscaping consist of?  Is it hardscape as well as softscape?  Can you change it after COE if you don't like it?  Who maintains it after COE?

Usually just shrubs and few small tree that's required by HOA.  It includes irrigation and drainage but no other hardscapes.

You can change it after COE but need to met HOA requirement.  Owners are responsible for maintenance but there is a one year warranty just like rest of the house.  Any plants died or sprinklers broke down, builder will take care of it. 

I see.  What are the typical front street setbacks in the tracts they provide this?  If it's pretty small, then I can see the benefit of this.  If it's bigger, then I would want to do my own thing.  But I guess you can just rip it all out.  While the weeds over at the Groves (and other new developments without included front yard landscaping) can be unsightly, it's not forever.  Not sure this would determine where I bought.

The front setback are pretty short so just some shrubs and small tree are actually quite adequate.  And of course,  the free front landscaping will not be a major factor for buying but it will eliminate the possibility of cheap and aesthetically sub par front landscaping jobs in the neighborhood. 

lnc said:
timandjess said:

That yard is so much better than the model home's.  I was curious to see pics of larger back yard since the one in the model home is pretty small and several people have commented that the regular back yard are much larger.  Thanks for sharing.

There you go Inc -- Some backyards I saw at Strada  -- these backyard sizes are most typical in strada, but there are quite a few which are far bigger than these (with even 50 feet setback after conservatory -- see layout pic) - and some with bigger side yards than backyards etc.

The models have approx 7.5 to 8.5 feet setback after conservatory.

Attachments

• Strada_Backyards  8_layout.JPG
    Strada_Backyards 8_layout.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 261
  • Strada_Backyards  7_layout.JPG
    Strada_Backyards 7_layout.JPG
    199.9 KB · Views: 241
  • Strada_Backyards (4).JPG
    Strada_Backyards (4).JPG
    504.8 KB · Views: 258
  • Strada_Backyards (3).JPG
    Strada_Backyards (3).JPG
    251.2 KB · Views: 223
sky949 said:
lnc said:
timandjess said:

There you go Inc -- Some backyards I saw at Strada  -- these backyard sizes are most typical in strada, but there are quite a few which are far bigger than these (with even 50 feet setback after conservatory -- see layout pic) - and some with bigger side yards than backyards etc.

The models have approx 7.5 to 8.5 feet setback after conservatory.

Some more pics.

Attachments

• Strada_Backyards (2).JPG
    Strada_Backyards (2).JPG
    376.4 KB · Views: 230
  • Strada_Backyards (5).JPG
    Strada_Backyards (5).JPG
    554 KB · Views: 248
  • Strada_Backyards (6).JPG
    Strada_Backyards (6).JPG
    300.9 KB · Views: 238
8porkchop said:
The last 2 streets of the community will have some views, but you have to wait another 18 phases.
I heard that those streets will be next after Phases 13 and 14.  So they will be Phases 15-18, then development skips over to the Ironhorse side.  I believe Phase 13 will be released next month.

lnc said:
Those are some decent size lot especially that plan2 with 45.5' setback. :eek:

And the One with a > 54 feet -- looks like the max on that yard is close to 60-65 feet? -- this one is also on the IUSD side -- will definitely go for a real good premium.

The lot behind 19 could build it's own pool or tennis court, wonder how much lot premium will be on that one.

The Wild Horse cul de sac will have large homes facing the orchard, probably one of the last phases. Don't know if they'll hear a lot of street noise with everyone coming down Twisted Oak and turning on Narrow Path. That will be a busy intersection once all the homes in Neighborhood 2 are built out.

One concern I have is all 220+ Strada homes need to enter/exit from Highrock, will it be backed up in the morning? Drove through The Groves, looks like they all only have one entrance into the sub-communities as well.

ChasingRainbows said:
Does anyone have a phasing plan map? Which streets have views?

A phasing map would be helpful.  Bountiful and Wild Horse will have some views - apparently they'll be released after remainder of Coppermine is released. 

Jonah said:
ChasingRainbows said:

A phasing map would be helpful.  Bountiful and Wild Horse will have some views - apparently they'll be released after remainder of Coppermine is released.

I have a phase map but I couldn't figure out how to post photo in this forum...

Yardmatters said:
Jonah said:
ChasingRainbows said:

I have a phase map but I couldn't figure out how to post photo in this forum...

Try clicking Attachments and other options at the bottom of the text box?

Phase 13 to be released mid-April, with following phases released in around 4-week intervals.  City view lots would therefore be released around August & September.

Is anyone in Strada buying the solar panels? It looks like 6 panels will cost 10,500 and go up from there.  Also wondering if anyone knows the specs of the panels they install.

I don't think leasing the panels is an option until after COE.

jayjaym3 said:
Is anyone in Strada buying the solar panels? It looks like 6 panels will cost 10,500 and go up from there.  Also wondering if anyone knows the specs of the panels they install.

I don't think leasing the panels is an option until after COE.
Depending on the output, which you didn't provide, I think it's a good deal. If you called a solar company on your own, they would not give you that price.

Saw a luxury mini bus parked outside of the sales office the other day and bunch of FCBs piled out.  A friend who lives in Saviero said this is a common occurrence and the sales lady told him that multiple families get together to buy a house.  Has anyone else heard about this?  My friend is now afraid of multiple cars parked in front of his $1.8M home and people not spending much on landscaping (won't even mention sense of community).

Back