Orchard Hills - Strada by Irvine Pacific

Thank you eyephone and FARMMMMMIE!  ;D And yes FARMMMMMIE we love how the pool is close........ And especially love the view of the orchids. (Resort style).

SoCal we are in our late 30's and expecting our first baby. Did you think I sounded older? lol  :D

malteselover said:
SoCal we are in our late 30's and expecting our first baby. Did you think I sounded older? lol  :D

It was just the username. The only people I've known to have a maltese were consistently 55-60++.

Curious to know from IPac customers if you decided to build a conservatory even if it means losing most of the backyard. I'd read that a conservatory is a no brainer given the $ per sq ft, on the other hand, it is nice to have a little yard.

Just drove by these during sunset time and I agree with the front landscaping the neighborhood looks beautiful with the sunset and orchards in the background!

So much easier to sell when the neighborhoods built out are landscaped and presented so well in front. Those dirt lots out front on most new builds are hideous and doesn't do a neighborhood any justice. Why don't all the builders do this? La Vita also with the front landscaping looks really nice.

Congrats on your purchase malteselover!  :)

ChasingRainbows said:
Curious to know from IPac customers if you decided to build a conservatory even if it means losing most of the backyard. I'd read that a conservatory is a no brainer given the $ per sq ft, on the other hand, it is nice to have a little yard.

Like you said, it's a no brainer to choose conservatory option. Only this option has the extra square footage counted in. buy at ~150sqf at 17k but when you sell, that 150sqf will have the same price tag as the normal psf (>400 as it is now).
As for the backyard, it is small anyway. If yard matters, don't choose Irvine new builds. >:D

ChasingRainbows said:
ChasingRainbows, How many feet do you have in the back after taking the conservatory?

malteselover said:
Just signed our contract and we are thrilled! My husband and I are absolutely in love with Strada including their beautiful amenities. We were also looking at other neighboring communities; CV (Laurel), Stonegate (Arcadia & Lafayette) and Tustin Ranch but found that we were always returning to Strada. (Nothing compares to the natural rolling green hills in Orchard Hills). Also, love how the front landscaping is included........ Makes such a difference!
Especially when driving behind the gates at The Groves and seeing $1.4 million dollar+ homes with dirt in front...... Such an eyesore. All in all we are so happy with our choice and can't wait to move in! ;D

Congrats, neighbor! We just bought a home in Strada, too:) Can't wait to move in! I have a few friends on the other side, and they all wish they had a neighborhood with fully-landscaped front yards. Now if we only had some tennis courts...

What does the builder provided front yard landscaping consist of?  Is it hardscape as well as softscape?  Can you change it after COE if you don't like it?  Who maintains it after COE?

bones said:
What does the builder provided front yard landscaping consist of?  Is it hardscape as well as softscape?  Can you change it after COE if you don't like it?  Who maintains it after COE?

Usually just shrubs and few small tree that's required by HOA.  It includes irrigation and drainage but no other hardscapes.

You can change it after COE but need to met HOA requirement.  Owners are responsible for maintenance but there is a one year warranty just like rest of the house.  Any plants died or sprinklers broke down, builder will take care of it. 

sky949 said:
ChasingRainbows said:
ChasingRainbows, How many feet do you have in the back after taking the conservatory?

Comparing models 1 and 2 without conservatory and model 3x with conservatory, 3x rear yard set back is so small that you can't fit a patio table and chairs.

ChasingRainbows said:
sky949 said:
ChasingRainbows said:

Comparing models 1 and 2 without conservatory and model 3x with conservatory, 3x rear yard set back is so small that you can't fit a patio table and chairs.

That's why you wait/pay a premium for the larger lots...if you're into that whole bbq thing.

I don't think the models are an accurate reflection of average yard size.  I don't know what the average is, but I've heard there are some at 18-22ft which is good for the area.

ChasingRainbows said:
sky949 said:
ChasingRainbows said:

The models at Strada are maybe close to the smallest lots available in Strada -- Majority of the lots are bigger than the Models and have bigger backyards -- Having a conservatory or not will depend on your specific lot -- don't go by the models unless your lot is similar size.

RE Experts --- What could be a average lot setback to consider a conservatory? -- 10 feet after conservatory?

Normally the minimum setback for a SFR according to the city code is 10', but IP file for variance so the minimum setback from the conservatory to the back wall is only 5'. 

Congrats to the both of you! I've been here for the past month and my family just loves it. As for the lots, the best ones are the ones that face the city. Fortunately the TUSD lots sit on the best side of the community minus the so-called inferior school district. But yes if your lucky enough you will get a back yard, but I don't know how lucky you are if you have to pay a premium for it.

Congrats to all. Orchard Hills is developing into a really nice looking neighborhood. It definitely feels different when you drive into the village compared to the flatness and homogeneous feel of SG/CV.

What does the IUSD side have a view of, aside from the orchards? 

Any insight as to when the next phase will be released and pricing?  Saw a mini bus in the sales parking lot last weekend.

Back