Orchard Hills Neighborhood 4

Movingup said:
So, most people do not care about the asphalt plant and potentially toxic fumes?
There is very little inventory. To the point where people are going out of their way to buy areas they normally wouldn?t. 2020 was the surge, 2021 was the beginning of FOMO, and now 2022 is the year of FOMO.

sleepy5136 said:
Movingup said:
So, most people do not care about the asphalt plant and potentially toxic fumes?
There is very little inventory. To the point where people are going out of their way to buy areas they normally wouldn?t. 2020 was the surge, 2021 was the beginning of FOMO, and now 2022 is the year of FOMO.

This is a health hazard. Potentially make you sick or developed some chronic conditions or even death. If I know there is a 70% chance I develop cancer, FOMO is not a factor.

Movingup said:
sleepy5136 said:
Movingup said:

This is a health hazard. Potentially make you sick or developed some chronic conditions or even death. If I know there is a 70% chance I develop cancer, FOMO is not a factor.

I certainly understand your concerns but many Irvine buyers don't care about what they can't see. Time and time again, new and resale homes have proven this:
--Great Park / former superfund site
-- Portola Springs / proximity to landfill and fire danger
-- Woodbridge / TCE toxic plume
--Orchard Hills / asphalt plant and fire danger
--Cypress Village / proximity to the 5

If you're talking about a high visibility headstones / cemetery, that will certainly crater home sales.

Movingup said:

VOC, together with other harmful substance in asphalt, will induce cancers (lung, leukemia etc.) quite rapidly with high possibility, especially by inhaling. It may only need just a couple years to show up.

I am interested to see whether there will be a study in the cancer rate in OH area in the next 5 years.

iacrenter said:
Movingup said:
sleepy5136 said:
Movingup said:

I certainly understand your concerns but many Irvine buyers don't care about what they can't see. Time and time again, new and resale homes have proven this:
--Great Park / former superfund site
-- Portola Springs / proximity to landfill and fire danger
-- Woodbridge / TCE toxic plume
--Orchard Hills / asphalt plant and fire danger
--Cypress Village / proximity to the 5

If you're talking about a high visibility headstones / cemetery, that will certainly crater home sales.

Fire burned down your house, rebuild. Toxic plume, don't grow fruits. Proximity to the freeway, houses all over the place are next to the freeway. None of these are as risky as living right next to the asphalt plant and breathing in those fumes everyday. But it maybe true, there are people who just want to fool themselves and still rush to buy. 

The California Court Company said:
isn't the new home smell worse? all the VOCs...

VOC is not being released 24/7. If you have not smell asphalt before, I can tell you it's nasty and definitely hazardous if you exposed to it regularly.

I personally wouldn?t buy at GP because it was a superfund site. But actions speak louder than words. Thousands of people bought homes at GP.

You can protest all you want about the asphalt plant / air pollution (and I would support you). But TIC will have zero problems selling all 520 homes unless the economy crashes.

As I have shared earlier, I have been at Eastwood(not too far from the plant) for last 4 years. There has been only 2-3 occasions that I smelt asaphalt.  Also, I think the plant only runs during certain hours after night.
People have been living at OH for more than 6-7 years, I don't think there has been issues with cancer with OH residents.

iacrenter said:
I personally wouldn?t buy at GP because it was a superfund site. But actions speak louder than words. Thousands of people bought homes at GP.

You can protest all you want about the asphalt plant / air pollution (and I would support you). But TIC will have zero problems selling all 520 homes unless the economy crashes.

Call it coincident or maybe luck. But a CEO quit or resigned that did a lot of business in GP according to news articles.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
As I have shared earlier, I have been at Eastwood(not too far from the plant) for last 4 years. There has been only 2-3 occasions that I smelt asaphalt.  Also, I think the plant only runs during certain hours after night.
People have been living at OH for more than 6-7 years, I don't think there has been issues with cancer with OH residents.

There were no cancer cases for kids for awhile in QH, but then there was a surge of cases traced back to the type of pesticide they used in the area.  As always its personal risk wherever ppl choose to live.

Just took a walk on Jeffrey Trail. They are bulldozing the hillside toward Portola street. 1/2 of the hill is done.  Pretty fast progress

Danimal said:
Just took a walk on Jeffrey Trail. They are bulldozing the hillside toward Portola street. 1/2 of the hill is done.  Pretty fast progress
They may be start selling much earlier to take advantage of the demand. Like CalPac that started selling before Models were ready.

The nice green cover visible from EW will now be replaced with homes pretty soon :(

the asphalt co looks to be equidistant from parts of OH3 and OH4, although not sure about the terrain

this is going to be quite pricey with alot of view lots

AW said:
the asphalt co looks to be equidistant from parts of OH3 and OH4, although not sure about the terrain

this is going to be quite pricey with alot of view lots

This is kind of a sore point in buying OH4. Yes having a view is nice, however think about the toxic gas, risk of getting cancer, not dare to open window at night to sleep during summer nights (if AAA choose to emit the gas during midnight to avoid detection)...

Back