Orchard Hills MIA from Irvine Company website

Arman

Has anyone else noticed that Orchard Hills seems to have disappeared from the Irvine Company website? It used to be an easy to find community amongst their villages. Now, even Google searches make it difficult to find, and virtually no information is provided by in-site Irvine Company searches.

I hope that they're still on track for 2013. I've been eagerly waiting, and it seems to be forever delayed.

Orchard Hills may be farther out if Stonegate, Portola Springs and Laguna Altura don't do well.

And with Lambert Ranch slated to come out in 2012... it could spell trouble for OH.

Arman said:
Has anyone else noticed that Orchard Hills seems to have disappeared from the Irvine Company website?

Maybe someone from their team at Hayes Martin can shed some light. We know you've been reading. Come on out and play.

SoCal78 said:
Arman said:
Has anyone else noticed that Orchard Hills seems to have disappeared from the Irvine Company website?

Maybe someone from their team at Hayes Martin can shed some light. We know you've been reading. Come on out and play.
Ahhh, the power of the admin...come on SoCal78 get those TIC lurkers to come out and post.  We all have some questions for them.  haha

everything is so mum about orchard hills... 

i bet all the orchard hills plaza merchants are pissed...  they will not see any love for a long time...

they only place i see people at is zov's, mcdonalds and golden spoon.  ayume sushi was pretty decent, but lack of traffic turned the place into a shabu shabu house...

does anyone have any recent news on orchard hills?  we walk/drive through it all the time... has some nice potential....  does anyone know the slated projects?

I know right!
Orchard Hills is going to be a baby precious beauty
I love the Orchard Hills Plaza. Hope the merchants in there will be able to hang on a while. Its such an awesome plaza. Serene, architecturally marvelous, nice size.
Love the place

Considering Altura isn't flying off the shelves, there may be a wait for Orchard Hills.

And someone correct me, but isn't OH zoned to TUSD?

irvinehomeowner said:
Considering Altura isn't flying off the shelves, there may be a wait for Orchard Hills.

And someone correct me, but isn't OH zoned to TUSD?

Half of OH is, anything west of culver is TUSD, inside the culver loop would be and part of IUSD.  Mid way through the Culver loop is supposed patch of avocado orchards and the second half of Culver as you go near Northwood HS is all IUSD.

Orchard Hills is very beautiful and lush but I've heard that its proximity to the landfill makes it somewhat undesirable given its expected high price point.  I recently heard that the landfill is one of the largest in CA and that it houses a lot of hazardous waste.  Is this hazardous waste talk true or just hogwash? 

I also heard that Turtle Ridge used to be a landfill ages ago.  Is THAT true? 

SecretGarden said:
I also heard that Turtle Ridge used to be a landfill ages ago. 
I hope this is true and even if it isn't, lets spread the rumor anyways so I could afford to live there when prices drop.

NoSoup4U said:
SecretGarden said:
I hope this is true and even if it isn't, lets spread the rumor anyways so I could afford to live there when prices drop.

this is why i wondered why people would trash portola (for being to close to the landfill) and then talk about how they would purchase in orchard hills, when the landfill is just as close.

qwerty said:
NoSoup4U said:
SecretGarden said:

this is why i wondered why people would trash portola (for being to close to the landfill) and then talk about how they would purchase in orchard hills, when the landfill is just as close.

"Trash" Portola?  Hahahahahahahahah!!

But in all seriousness, there are parts of OH that Google Maps says are as much as 4 miles away (as the crow flies)  from the Trash Heap.  The northern portion of PS meanwhile...

shadax said:
qwerty said:
NoSoup4U said:
SecretGarden said:

But in all seriousness, there are parts of OH that Google Maps says are as much as 4 miles away (as the crow flies)  from the Trash Heap.  The northern portion of PS meanwhile...
Yeah, and the people who live in Turtle Ridge and Newport Coast are just as close to a landfill as the people who live in Portola Springs.

USCTrojanCPA said:
shadax said:
qwerty said:
NoSoup4U said:
SecretGarden said:

Yeah, and the people who live in Turtle Ridge and Newport Coast are just as close to a landfill as the people who live in Portola Springs.

my issue with living so close to the landfill isn't so much the landfill itself as it is with the trucks that haul the trash... and it seems like they all come up sand canyon.  i don't go on portola, north-west of sand canyon and i don't know how many trucks go that way... but maybe OH won't be so bad...

villagepeople said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
shadax said:
qwerty said:
NoSoup4U said:
SecretGarden said:

my issue with living so close to the landfill isn't so much the landfill itself as it is with the trucks that haul the trash... and it seems like they all come up sand canyon.  i don't go on portola, north-west of sand canyon and i don't know how many trucks go that way... but maybe OH won't be so bad...
The trucks either come up Jeffery or San Canyon (mostly San Canyon) and then make a left onto Portola Pkwy if coming up from San Canyon or make a right if coming up from Jeffery.  You'll need hear or see those trucks if you live in Portola.

USCTrojanCPA said:
villagepeople said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
shadax said:
qwerty said:
NoSoup4U said:
SecretGarden said:

The trucks either come up Jeffery or San Canyon (mostly San Canyon) and then make a left onto Portola Pkwy if coming up from San Canyon or make a right if coming up from Jeffery.  You'll need hear or see those trucks if you live in Portola.

not saying PS is worse than SG or WB... just saying that the drive up sand canyon has a lot of dump trucks.

Back