Orchard Hills K-8 School

Construction has begun, directly next to Settlers Park, behind the Orchard Hills Shopping Center. So the question is, if they build it (the school), will the houses come?

I saw that yesterday too. My guess is that the kids from Northpark will go there and the kids from NP Square and other feeders into Hicks Canyon will stay at Hicks Canyon. I have heard that Hicks is overcrowded, but I can't say for a fact.

[quote author="EvaLSeraphim" date=1210551098]I saw that yesterday too. My guess is that the kids from Northpark will go there and the kids from NP Square and other feeders into Hicks Canyon will stay at Hicks Canyon. I have heard that Hicks is overcrowded, but I can't say for a fact.</blockquote>

Hicks is overcrowded and its been impacting Myford, Peters Canyon, Ladera, etc. People in West Irvine are having problems getting their kids into K and 1st grade due to the Northpark and Northpark Square overflow... The new school, which is supposed to open for the start of the 2009-2010 school year I believe will help alleviate that problem.

Back