Orchard Hills Housing Construction Underway...

mikeb

I've been living on the peaceful backside of The Irvine Company's Orchard Hills apartments for the past year, and today, 8/13/13, I can report that construction for the Orchard Hills homes has finally begun (as far as what I can see from my living room windows). Utilizing part of my apartment as a home office, I've been on the lookout for activity since I read about the plans on this forum and saw the 'No Trespassing' signs go up a couple months ago. This is great news for some of you, but bad news for me. Just thought I'd share my first hand account of the situation.

Unfortunately for me, I'm S.O.L. thanks to TIC's greediness- My lease renewal is due in a couple days, and the management has refused to give me the 'construction discount' because "they've heard about the goat, but haven't been told anything by The Irvine Company."

Hopefully this proof will change their minds... In case you aren't familiar with these big boys, these ginormous pieces of machinery are called 'Scrapers'- used to level land just before construction goes underway.

Orchard%20Hills.jpg

UPDATE: Second day in a row of a little landscaping.

OH%20III.JPG

Yes!!! Now PS9 and I can be neighbors!!! We are going to buy two view lots and have a pedestrian bridge built from his backyard to mine!!

irvinehomeowner. said:
Yes!!! Now PS9 and I can be neighbors!!! We are going to buy two view lots and have a pedestrian bridge built from his backyard to mine!!

Well... we were neighbors.... sort of... :)

Don't need a bridge...  Our redonkulous California rooms will be semi connected with TICs new 1 ft setback rule...

ps9 said:
irvinehomeowner. said:

Don't need a bridge...  Our redonkulous California rooms will be semi connected with TICs new 1 ft setback rule...

No bridge no neighbors!

irvinehomeowner said:
I don't really get the appeal of Orchard Hills.

Maybe I'm too much of a South Irvine guy.

me too! and it happens to be close to one of the world's largest landfills too!

Tyler Durden said:
HOMEOWNER SIMPSON said:
ps9 said:
irvinehomeowner. said:

No bridge no neighbors!

Underground railroad?

This is Irvine!! Pedestrian Bridge!!!

The quest for the holy grail of Unicorn Land has begun. Let the speculation begin:

1) Recycled iPac floor plans + ?outside builders for the larger 4K sqft/$2M homes
2) Higher pricing ~$500sqft?
3) High MR+HOA
4) Typical TIC amenities (not on the level of Woodbury)
5) Guard gates (at least the initial phase gate is already built)
6) Some view lots
7) ?Lower density/more detached traditional SFH products
8)School district will be TUSD (at least for initial phase along the 261), later phases east of Culver will probably be zoned to IUSD.

I think OH is going to not just be iPac so hopefully we'll see more variety in designs from the other builders.

It would be awesome (and drive me crazy) if a builder puts in a 3CWG product.

I agree IHO- OH is too far for me.  Honestly, you can't get me to drive north past Irvine Center Drive.  Thankfully there's nothing over there worth driving to!

jamboreedude said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I don't really get the appeal of Orchard Hills.

Maybe I'm too much of a South Irvine guy.

me too! and it happens to be close to one of the world's largest landfills too!
Umm, It's actually about 3 miles, same approx distance as Northwood Pointe and Woodbury.  I would take any of those neighborhoods over the overpriced recycled homes right on top of the freeways at Laguna Altura.

abcd1234 said:
I agree IHO- OH is too far for me.  Honestly, you can't get me to drive north past Irvine Center Drive.  Thankfully there's nothing over there worth driving to!
I can name one thing that will get me to drive north of ICD... Northwood Pizza. Their salads and subs are so good.

IHO- Northwood Pizza- Meh
I am from Chicago so all the pizza here is pretty horrible, imo- and it doesn't matter if it's stuffed, pan or thin.  If I have pizza- it's Al's NY Cafe in Costa Mesa.  (NY Style).  The place is a dump, but the pizza is good. 

Actually Gino's is my least favorite.  I don't know what the hype is for tourists that go to that place :)  I think I've maybe be there 2x in my life. 

Back