Trevi sold out phase 1 and phase 2
Amelia ??
Messina phase 1 release is June 7 so none sold
Vicenza ??
Saviero ??
Capella ??
La Vita ??
Strada none per IrvRes's post in the other thread

While at the Amelia preview event, I heard that Amelia phases 1 and 2 also sold out (not certain about the veracity of this though).

NYT said:
ps9 said:
Sales summary:

Trevi sold out phase 1 and phase 2
Amelia ??
Messina phase 1 release is June 7 so none sold
Vicenza ??
Saviero ??
Capella ??
La Vita ??
Strada none per IrvRes's post in the other thread

While at the Amelia preview event, I heard that Amelia phases 1 and 2 also sold out (not certain about the veracity of this though).

I spoke to the sales person at Amelia and she said both phases 1 and 2 were reserved and they started converting them into contracts.  She asked me to get pre-qualified to prepare for phases 3 and 4.  I guess few potential buyers could drop-off.

irvinehomeowner said:
Homer_Simpson said:
Thought I saw IHO there but it was just the big orange ballon that says new homes...  ;D
Note to self: Do not wear orange shirt anymore when looking at model homes.

Especially when you go to Baker Ranch, it's a very popular color over there.

Those groves are going to be an interesting feature for OH. They'll need plenty of workers to harvest and trim the trees (avocado trees drop their leaves and can be fairly messy) They'll need to bring in bees every season as well to ensure the trees are pollinated. Anyone know of another development with a working farm similar to OH?

Soylent Green Is People said:
Those groves are going to be an interesting feature for OH. They'll need plenty of workers to harvest and trim the trees (avocado trees drop their leaves and can be fairly messy) They'll need to bring in bees every season as well to ensure the trees are pollinated. Anyone know of another development with a working farm similar to OH?

There are active avocado groves in Portola Springs, near Garden Hill and Quinterra. Not gated like OH though.

Soylent Green Is People said:

Emerson, in Tustin Ranch, also farms their guacamole trees, the profits of which go to subsidize some of their HOA dues.

No more Plan 3X for Corte Bella?  :eek:

PLUS

I never knew that Strada was going so successful that the Plan 1 has been raised to the "Low $1 Millions".  :p

All of the floorplans just got a refurbishment:

Corte Bella Plan 1 "Enhancement at Exposed Lots"
Corte Bella Plan 2 "Stacked Sliding Doors at Dining and Great Room"
Corte Bella Plan 3 "Downstairs Bedroom with Crown Molding"
ALL Terrazzas "Bi-Fold Sliding Doors, Extra Sliding Door in Conservatory, Bi-Fold Sliding Doors At California Room (all for more sunlight)"
Strada Plan 3 & 3X Have A Weird Closet Door For The Downstairs Bedroom

Attachments

• 1.doc
    55 KB · Views: 188
??? said:
No more Plan 3X for Corte Bella?  :eek:

PLUS

I never knew that Strada was going so successful that the Plan 1 has been raised to the "Low $1 Millions".  :p

sales person told me they only have a few 3x's in the whole development, which will be released in a much later phase. not sure what the exact differences are between the 3 and 3x though...

Plan 3 has a downstairs bedroom and outside bath. The extra 200 sf for the Plan 3X comes from the downstairs "junior master bedroom" with its private bath. The bath has no tub and the bedroom has no crown molding!

test said:
Disappointing grand opening.  So for $2 million I get 9' ceilings and a crappy location when at CV I can get 10' ceilings and a much better location for $1 million.

Which village has the best location?

2z5lq2c.jpg

PLUS Cypress Village had an excellent new middle school next to it. No wonder everybody likes the freeway. It isn't the freeway, it's the school. I have seen enough articles in some Chinese newspapers about their success. Therefore,...

1. South of 405 (not including University High): $50K premium
2. Good schools: $50K premium
3. Gates: Extra 0.3% property tax and high HOA
4. Elevation: $50K premium
5. Views: $100K premium (add another $100K for ocean views)

Need a advice TI. I just got on the prequalified list for Capella, Messina, and LaVita.
If you had to choose based on below options, what would you recommend?

1.  Capella (top 2 view lots in the community) - Between $1.5 and $1.6 million.  They call it view lots, but the views are not as good as Trevi and LaVita as you see Vicenza homes below from the first floor.  But, you do have a City View - Need to decide on this in few weeks.
2.  LaVita - (non view lot at inner court) - Probably around $1.7 million for the last phase.  View lots are all north of $2 million (out of our budget).
3.  Messina - (plan 1) - Around low $1.6 million. (Don't like the floor plan for plan 1). - Dec. 2015 build out.

We are looking for low to mid 3k sqft.  4k+ too big.  The question is View or No View with bigger sqft.

Or do you think Orchard Hills would go into slump soon with China and stock market correction and better to wait it out? or better to wait until next year for Orchard Hills North (I think there is mid 3k sqft homes near the park-not capella copy). 

I noticed significant slow down in Orchard Hills home sales with # of available quick-in homes increasing for most of the developments except LaVita and TNHC homes.  Price going down or up in 5 years? A lot to think about before pressing the trigger~

La Vita got my vote.

It's big enough so that you won't outgrow it as you might outgrow Capella in a few years just like your current home. Between La Vita and Messina, I like La Vita's floor plan more and especially the plan 1, it just fit my need perfectly. 

Also what sell well now most likely will sell well later.  Like you said, La Vita and TNHC's home are the best seller in the Groves and this probably will be true in the future.

I don't think the Orchard Hills home value will ever go into a significant slump.  Remember the TIC can control the supply.  If home sales slow down dramatically, TIC can postpone the release of future OH development indefinitely and limit the available supply, prop up the home prices at OH.

Thanks Inc! Needed a confirmation=).  Now time to wait and see if they call us and sign my life away.  I heard most of the people are waiting for the final view lots.  All these discussion regarding the pesticide use in OH, but I am not too worried. Initially, I was planning on staying for 10 years here and never would have imagined I would even think about moving after 2 years.  We will see~

lnc said:
La Vita got my vote.

It's big enough so that you won't outgrow it as you might outgrow Capella in a few years just like your current home. Between La Vita and Messina, I like La Vita's floor plan more and especially the plan 1, it just fit my need perfectly. 

Also what sell well now most likely will sell well later.  Like you said, La Vita and TNHC's home are the best seller in the Groves and this probably will be true in the future.

I don't think the Orchard Hills home value will ever go into a significant slump.  Remember the TIC can control the supply.  If home sales slow down dramatically, TIC can postpone the release of future OH development indefinitely and limit the available supply, prop up the home prices at OH.

Back