Orange Heights / Irvine Co

Hugo Township

https://www.ocbj.com/newsletter-feed/irvine-co-moves-ahead-with-orange-heights-community/

Newport Beach-based Irvine Co. plans to break ground this fall on the Orange Heights residential community that?s been in the works for nearly two decades.

The community, located south of Irvine Regional Park off Santiago Canyon Road, was first approved in 2005 as a 4,000-home project that stretched from East Orange to Irvine Lake. In 2014, the project was significantly scaled down with all approved development east of the SR-241 nixed to provide more open space on the Irvine Ranch.

The new plan includes 1,180 for-sale homes, most of which will be single-family detached residences, as well as public trails to create the first direct connections between Irvine Regional Park and Peters Canyon Regional Park.
https://orangeheightsmasterplan.com/

I use to live near there.  They already installed the massive sewer pipe into Santiago Canyon RD back in 2015, so it was prepped a long time ago.

I was wondering when they would start grading.

irvinehomeowner said:
I like these areas, like Orchard and Portola, but worried about fires now with the extended drought conditions.

Canyon Fire in 2017 was there...so insurance companies do not like insuring that area.

So this is not Portola Springs XII.

The question was a joke, but thanks for ya?ll who tried to answer.

TIC's original plans east of the 241 looked nice. They had enclaves right along both sides of Irvine Lake. I can only imagine what the lake view premiums would be.

iacrenter said:
TIC's original plans east of the 241 looked nice. They had enclaves right along both sides of Irvine Lake. I can only imagine what the lake view premiums would be.

Honestly lake and area is pretty dried up and hasn't looked nice at all in a long time imo...

capboba said:
iacrenter said:

Honestly lake and area is pretty dried up and hasn't looked nice at all in a long time imo...

Haven't been to the lake since they reopened. Didn't realize how bad things have got.

Back