joeldo_IHB
New member
Does anyone have a link to the Orange Coast magazine article from last year describing Irvine as such a great place? It was like the 10 reasons Irvine is better than where you live, something like that. Thanks!
irvine_home_owner said:and Northwood actually beat University this year.
irvine_home_owner said:I have a black belt in Internet-Fu:
http://www.orangecoastmagazine.com/article2.aspx?id=10372
BTW: Sunday's OC Register article rates the IUSD High School district as #1 again. All of the Irvine high schools were in the top 14... and Northwood actually beat University this year.
bkshopr said:irvine_home_owner said:I have a black belt in Internet-Fu:
http://www.orangecoastmagazine.com/article2.aspx?id=10372
BTW: Sunday's OC Register article rates the IUSD High School district as #1 again. All of the Irvine high schools were in the top 14... and Northwood actually beat University this year.
Orange Coast Magazine similar to OC Metro are 2 magazines who suck up to corporate sponsorship. I have written about them before nothing but marketing craps targeting the naives. OC Register is also another one struggling and tends to favor corporate sponsorships. It is the mother company to Irvine Worlds news.
LA Times Orange County is a lot more reliable as a source.
Believe it or not OC Weekly is quite impartial and do present a point of view that is honest but its complimentary circulation racks were not permitted in many retail centers.
The writing in the Orange Coast articles are too scripted and I do recognize and have seen the exact phrases in other PR campaigns.
Mcdonna1980 said:bkshopr said:irvine_home_owner said:I have a black belt in Internet-Fu:
http://www.orangecoastmagazine.com/article2.aspx?id=10372
BTW: Sunday's OC Register article rates the IUSD High School district as #1 again. All of the Irvine high schools were in the top 14... and Northwood actually beat University this year.
Orange Coast Magazine similar to OC Metro are 2 magazines who suck up to corporate sponsorship. I have written about them before nothing but marketing craps targeting the naives. OC Register is also another one struggling and tends to favor corporate sponsorships. It is the mother company to Irvine Worlds news.
LA Times Orange County is a lot more reliable as a source.
Believe it or not OC Weekly is quite impartial and do present a point of view that is honest but its complimentary circulation racks were not permitted in many retail centers.
The writing in the Orange Coast articles are too scripted and I do recognize and have seen the exact phrases in other PR campaigns.
This is so true. My company is always getting contacted by "research firms" that want to interview our company for articles in the OC Coast Magazine. Of course, there if always some $5,000 fee for the "research" company's time.
Mcdonna1980 said:May's article on the OC's "best places to live"was pretty good. Bk, you would like it minus the Irvine part. It detail the old rail road towns of Orange County- Fullerton, Santa Ana, Old Town Orange, San Juan Capistrano. Then Irvine was awkwardly thrown into the mix. They tried to justify the fit by saying it was the up and coming rail road city. Whatever.
Mcdonna1980 said:May's article on the OC's "best places to live"was pretty good. Bk, you would like it minus the Irvine part. It detail the old rail road towns of Orange County- Fullerton, Santa Ana, Old Town Orange, San Juan Capistrano. Then Irvine was awkwardly thrown into the mix. They tried to justify the fit by saying it was the up and coming rail road city. Whatever.
bkshopr said:![]()
It is fun walking in Irvine. Tmare loves this:
Mcdonna1980 said:The more I see Irvine advertised, the more I dislike it.
![]()
How do I get out of here?
It took me weeks working at the Dominos on Michelson to master that Yale Loop, I think I could drive through it blind folded now (guess you could say I'm a trained mouse). hahacaycifish said:Mcdonna1980 said:The more I see Irvine advertised, the more I dislike it.
![]()
How do I get out of here?
It's the curse of the Yale Loop.
irvine_home_owner said:Hehe... funny... I actually thought the maze of some of Irvine's streets were bad for Asian drivers... actually all drivers (I don't know how many times I've been asked directions in Irvine(.
irvine_home_owner said:I'm not too sure about this journalism propaganda... is there anything really untrue about this list?
1 - Irvine is more culturally diverse than your city
2 - Irvine has better schools
3 - Irvine has better neighborhoods
4 - Irvine has superior housing
5 - Irvine has more parks and open space
6 - Irvine has better streets
7 - Irvine has a more progressive government
8 - Irvine has bigger corporations and more jobs
9 - Irvine has its own transit system
10 - Irvine is safer than your city
Okay... well maybe only a few of those are actually true... like number 5 and number 8. Heh.
And about school scores... I don't think OC Register is necessarily pro-Irvine... they are the parent company of almost every local paper now, not just the Irvine World News. If they were so pro-Irvine... their school reports would not use actual API scores and stuff to rate them... and Irvine high schools would be places 1-5 instead of 3,4 and so forth.
Man... stop hating... and start appreciating.
Well... I would think bk (and graph and many others) would say number 4... but the article was interesting if you read it:zovall said:Hey iho, bk, anyone else... which ones are actually false? ;-)