Opus at Beacon Park

I absolutely love roof deck over the covered patio yard. The patio yard cost a bundle of cash to make it look and feel right. The unfortunate thing about the patio yards is the 5 neighbors sharing your walls and it is not exactly private. If the yard is along the perimeter then I would be afraid of burglars jumping over the 5' wall. At the ground level there is no light, breeze or view. If the deck faces the right direction the view of Saddleback could be spectacular where the California Room has no view except for a highly decorated block wall.

They should have built these in one of the future phases closer to the actual PARK. I can't remember if they're still making that area near Trabuco and Sand Canyon that was supposed to be more of the live/work part of the community. These would be much better suited being in that part of the community or some part of the community with an actual view. Smacking these right in the middle of the other tract homes isn't going to do Opus any justice...Just saying.

I agree, I hope these end up having a decent view that is at least open and not 10 feet away from another persons unit. But I agree with irvinehomeshopper about roof decks over a covered patio, they can be really nice if done right. It can be a nice extension of the living area and at times really open up a room.

The only problem I see is that these type of decks are usually put in condos that have a 2nd floor living area and a bedroom on the bottom floor... which can be a bit awkward.

But I am really curious to see if these are going to be like Agave at portola springs or truly have a city feel like Level 1 in costa mesa. I am happy to see 5points change it up though and so far happy about what I am seeing from Beacon park.

image_zpsmevzapkr.jpg

This is a panorama view off the roof deck. I am surprised to see a tiny sliver of the ocean. The view frames The hills behind portola springs and Saddleback mountain.

image_zpsusrcml9v.jpg

This is the view looking west toward the coast.

thelandofnoland said:
Did you get those pictures off the Internet?

The position of the deck shows that it is the Ellwood model, not the Opus model that the deck is on. Opus isn't even built yet!  ;D

IHS is an architect for Ellwood.

#anothershill  #landofnolandpunkedagain

So North and West views are decent.... How are the East views :)  Hopefully blocked with lots of trees..

Are you kidding me PS9? This sort of view in "Flatvine" is a killer view. Most homes in the $2m+ only get a view in one direction. This deck got South, West, North and 1/2 Easterly  view. From Sunrise to sunset view is unmatched by any property in Irvine.  There is not a single house in Irvine that has that and not even those at the top of Shady Canyon occupied by the Sun families. Wttchmn's stubby 2 story house along with her neighbors will never block the mountain view. This is a great location to witness the future giant Bowerman mound hovering Lambert, PS and Stonegate.

The view is 285.5 degree and my phone only capture 180 so here is the east view. I also snuck into all other projects. I saw  Landofnoland did only a drive by but was too chicken to walk in even though I waved. Numerous projects have huge yards unheard of in Irvine. Since there are limited 3 stories in BP so this sort of 285.5 panoramic view is forever. The grades are dropping toward the west and even the current 3 and 4 stories IAC in Cypress East do not block the sunset horizon view.

image_zpshl2buvyx.jpg

ps9 said:
So North and West views are decent.... How are the East views :)  Hopefully blocked with lots of trees..

Since the roof deck was a topic here so I thought it's much more relevant to shed light into it benefit. I've not mentioned  Ellwood nor am I trying to endorce Ellwood. Therefore I don't post these photos in the Ellwood thread. Each project should have its equal ground and let the buyers decide base on the price/Design/Character and neighborhood identity.
aquabliss said:
IHS you should really post all this in the Ellwood thread, it's getting a bit confusing.

The roof deck was a topic in the Opus thread because they have them, but you still posted Ellwood pictures in the Opus thread.

Buyers should certainly be able to gather information in the form of images and data provided by the TI community.  No argument there.

If you want to post pictures of a different tract in the Opus thread it's not a bad thing for comparison sake, but at least provide proper info for those images, that's all.

IHS: I really do like the idea of the rooftop deck! The only problem I have with that picture is 1) that is Plan 3 and the concrete flat roof below is the garage roof. Why build it like that unless it's a 2nd uncovered deck off the Master? Doesn't look to be an option on the site. the rooftop on Plan 3 is covered only, the other two plans offer both covered and uncovered spaces. Why not have a massive uncovered deck off the Master above the garage in Plan 3?

Nice views, so what if all the buyers chose the deck options, so only the units facing the streets would have unobstructed views

Back