Open Houses

I always wanted a live thread where we can give each other feedback on any open houses you might have been to today. I always enjoy hearing about the unspoken observations such as realtor (in)competence; attitudes from other patrons and anything about the house that stuck out.

[quote author="roundcorners" date=1243162460]I always wanted a live thread where we can give each other feedback on any open houses you might have been to today. I always enjoy hearing about the unspoken observations such as realtor (in)competence; attitudes from other patrons and anything about the house that stuck out.</blockquote>

I've always wondered why a site like redfin, zillow, realtor.com, homeseekers, etc doesn't have a "comment" section attached to each house. Granted, it would be very difficult to maintain because you would get a bunch of trolls and flames... plus you'd get the buyer spamming it with good comments.

Delroy

[quote author="C Delroy Spuckler" date=1243200827]

I've always wondered why a site like redfin, zillow, realtor.com, homeseekers, etc doesn't have a "comment" section attached to each house. Granted, it would be very difficult to maintain because you would get a bunch of trolls and flames... plus you'd get the buyer spamming it with good comments.

Delroy</blockquote>

I know that ziprealty does have this. I have used it many times but the comments have to be approved before appearing and I have noticed if the review is very poor, they will not allow it to be posted. They also have a star-rating system in addition to comments.

[quote author="C Delroy Spuckler" date=1243200827][quote author="roundcorners" date=1243162460]I always wanted a live thread where we can give each other feedback on any open houses you might have been to today. I always enjoy hearing about the unspoken observations such as realtor (in)competence; attitudes from other patrons and anything about the house that stuck out.</blockquote>

Delroy</blockquote>
I heard that the NAR made a change to how homes are listed. There is now a checkbox giving the sellers an option to not have their homes listed on any website that allows comments on homes.

Back