Online Savings Acct

ps99472

We're thinking of moving to Discover Banks online savings acct (1%apr).  This beats the measly 1/4% from our local b&m bank.  Anyone have experience with Discover bank?  I have been using ING for years and love their easy to use website but their rates have been dropping more recently.  They can push/pull money from other accounts for free which is pretty rare. 

I just signed up with Sallie Mae Bank (1% as well), so far they are OK.

I used to park cash at SmartyPig (2 day money transfers), but they lowered their rate to 0.70% AND have a 50k limit

Discover lowered to 0.9% this am, still pretty good compared to the big banks... Now it's between Amex, discover, or sallie Mae. 

Is it easy to push/pull money from sallie?

So far it seems OK, my initial $10 deposit went through with no issue. Will be transferring a bigger chunk money over to them this week so will let you know how long it takes to clear

Got a letter from Discover for online savings account.. 0.80%, $500 minimum opening deposit, use this promo code

BSA912C

for an extra $50, but you have to deposit $10,000 by 12/31/12 and then they will give you the bonus.. you will get taxed on it.. so it's more like $40.  I already have an AMEX savings, not enough for me to switch but if you're shopping for a online savings account now, this is free money..

Back