Olivewood at Portola Springs by New Home Co.

Those city view lots look tiny from the site plan.
Olivewood lots are smaller than Azul lots, and definitely much smaller than Cielo lots. Basically, two reasons I prefer Cielo 1 is that it has a floorplan more suited for us and much bigger lots and Olivewood 3 and Azul 3. The normal Olivewood 3 and Azul lots are ~4100 to ~4400 sq ft while Cielo 1 lots are ~4500 to 5300 sq ft.

Seems like Shea or The New Home Company might be taking over the remaining land at Ravello Groves in this case.

So I just checked the lot sizes of the 3 homes.

Sites 62 and 84 are both ~3600 sq ft.
Site 59 is 3850 sq ft.

For reference, the lot size of my Bluffs 2 home, which is smaller and doesn't have a driveway, is ~3900 sq ft.

Even Azul lot sizes are 4100+ sq ft.

This pricing makes Cetara view lots look like Pennies. Crazy how those view lots were going for 2.2-2.6 at the time

I was offered site 59 this morning, but I declined, due to small lot. I'm glad to know that I'm pretty high up on the priority list though. I just hope I get that high on the Cielo priority list as well. :p

Anyway, the sales rep mentioned that site 84 has been reserved. I guess there are people who don't care about T-junction and extremely small lot as long as they get the view, but paying $3.2M for it? 😂

I must say, though, that the view from the model homes (even though they were facing the mountain) was really nice. I think Olivewood is going to be really popular because it's so freaking high up.

I would have loved to buy a Olivewood plan 3, but my wife just can't get over how badly the plan 3 kitchen is designed, with a really ugly island (7' x 8'). For some reason, plan 1 and plan 2 kitchen layout were much nicer than plan 3. And Olivewood plan 3 doesn't have high ceiling like Azul plan 3 and Cielo plan 1.

I'm just hoping to be high enough on Cielo priority list to get the lot 38 that will be released in Shea Homes' first phase.

Plan 3 is the only plan that has in-suite bathroom for each bedroom which I think is very important. Plan 1 is bad because the guest bedrooms upstairs are next to each other. Plan 2 & 3 have bedrooms across from each. The thing about Plan 3 is the powder room is next to the downstairs guest bedroom which is quite awkward.

I was offered site 59 this morning, but I declined, due to small lot. I'm glad to know that I'm pretty high up on the priority list though. I just hope I get that high on the Cielo priority list as well. :p

Anyway, the sales rep mentioned that site 84 has been reserved. I guess there are people who don't care about T-junction and extremely small lot as long as they get the view, but paying $3.2M for it? 😂

I must say, though, that the view from the model homes (even though they were facing the mountain) was really nice. I think Olivewood is going to be really popular because it's so freaking high up.

I would have loved to buy a Olivewood plan 3, but my wife just can't get over how badly the plan 3 kitchen is designed, with a really ugly island (7' x 8'). For some reason, plan 1 and plan 2 kitchen layout were much nicer than plan 3. And Olivewood plan 3 doesn't have high ceiling like Azul plan 3 and Cielo plan 1.

I'm just hoping to be high enough on Cielo priority list to get the lot 38 that will be released in Shea Homes' first phase.

How much did they offer you for the corner lot?
Island is an easy fix. Just stick with standard countertop and flooring. Rip them out and upgrade to your wife’s liking after. COE

Island is an easy fix. Just stick with standard countertop and flooring. Rip them out and upgrade to your wife’s liking after. COE
This is the one priced at $2.68M.

I agree that island would have been easy fix. We would have just used half of the size, basically 4'x8' instead of 7'x8'. We weren't planning to do flooring this time anyway. Other than the island, the kitchen layout itself isn't very good either. Cielo plan 1 actually has the best kitchen layout (according to my wife, AND kitchen is the MOST important thing to her). The other thing is that Olivewood plan 3 doesn't have high ceiling. Although not as important as the kitchen, my wife really likes to have high ceiling. It just makes the house look more spacious.

The bigger problem is the small lot size. I think it would be roughly 8' to the back wall. That's way too small. Cielo plan 1 site 38 is about 22' to the back wall. Basically, Olivewood site 59 lot size is 3850 sq ft and Cielo site 38 lot size is ~5100 sq ft. That's a huge difference.

And, according to the price sheet we got, it will be priced at $2.565M. So if we do that Cielo site 38, then we're happy. 😂

I was offered the opportunity to buy lot 38, Cielo Plan 1, today and I jumped on it. The base price of $2.565M is actually cheaper than Olivewood Plan 3 and Azul Plan 3. Needless to say, we're very very happy. 😂

I can't say for sure, but I think after seeing what Olivewood Plan 3 and Azul Plan 3 are going, the next phase Plan 1 will probably be in the $2.6M range.

I was offered the opportunity to buy lot 38, Cielo Plan 1, today and I jumped on it. The base price of $2.565M is actually cheaper than Olivewood Plan 3 and Azul Plan 3. Needless to say, we're very very happy. 😂

I can't say for sure, but I think after seeing what Olivewood Plan 3 and Azul Plan 3 are going, the next phase Plan 1 will probably be in the $2.6M range.
Congrats Cal. I cant wait to see you update the progress along the way.

Congrats on getting your dream forever house and close to new ATH for your RSUs

Congrats Calbears, I'm happy to hear this is working out for you and your wife!

Congrats Cal. I cant wait to see you update the progress along the way.

Congrats on getting your dream forever house and close to new ATH for your RSUs

Congrats Calbears, I'm happy to hear this is working out for you and your wife!
Thanks. After TIC decided to stop building, we thought that we wouldn't be able to get a home in the new builder's first phase. We were lucky that most buyers in front of us were waiting for view lots. 😂

Back