• Obama

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Romney

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
world chaos said:
ok sir... i traded this and shorted this until Timbuktu... go ahead... u are right... again, this is a dangerous path to go down... ignorance is a bliss... if i told u wamu was not in trouble, rather jpm was, and wamus assets were used to balance jpms books instead would u believe me? probably not either... but its ok... i dont care haha...

Ignorance is bliss?  I am going to say I know a lot more about the inner workings of Chase and WaMu than you think. 

winex said:
Thanks to the US government?  I thought they were taxpayer dollars.  And I also don't recall one of the enumerated powers of our government being the ability to funnel tax dollars to political supporters.

The UAW made out from the bailout, not the companies themselves.  Don't believe me?  Then look at the performance of GM stock since the IPO.

Yeah...you lost me at enumerated powers. 

Irvinecommuter said:
winex said:
Thanks to the US government?  I thought they were taxpayer dollars.  And I also don't recall one of the enumerated powers of our government being the ability to funnel tax dollars to political supporters.

The UAW made out from the bailout, not the companies themselves.  Don't believe me?  Then look at the performance of GM stock since the IPO.

Have you ever considered changing your screen name to IrvineCommunist?

Irvinecommuter said:
You know that Obama said that they use fewer bayonets right...not that they don't use bayonets anymore.  I am pretty sure the armed forces still use horses somewhere.

But there are not fewer bayonets.  Should the facts matter at all in this election?
The US Army today has more than 560,000 troops and the USMC more than 200,000. Obama is wrong. we have hundreds of thousands more bayonets now? than in 1916.

Sarcasm and condescension only work if the speaker's presumption of lofty superior knowledge is borne out by his command of actual facts. You can't successfully accuse your opponent of being an ignoramus when you don't know what you're talking about yourself.
http://senseofevents.blogspot.com/2012/10/obama-wrong-about-bayonets.html

winex said:
Irvinecommuter said:
winex said:

Yes...there are only two choices.  Either original intent or communism. 

Irvinecommuter said:
winex said:
Irvinecommuter said:
winex said:

The Constitution is what protects us from a totalitarian government, so that is pretty much the size of it.  Thanks for putting it so succinctly.

winex said:
Irvinecommuter said:
winex said:
Irvinecommuter said:
winex said:

The Constitution is what protects us from a totalitarian government, so that is pretty much the size of it.  Thanks for putting it so succinctly.

Not really...the Constitution is a document that lays out out certain guiding principle.  The Supreme Court interpretations and subsequent amendments of those guiding principle are infinitely more relevant and nuanced than what people now think what some rich white male landowners/slaveowners thought 240 years ago. 

qwerty said:
world chaos said:
qwerty said:
World chaos - are you saying white people are the cause of our problems?  :)

lol... no... i just find it ironic we went around forcing other markets to open up for globalization back in the day... and now we regret it cause we have to work harder for the same dollar because of outsourcing and too many illegal mexicans... haha i actually think this great equalization is a good thing...

i always chuckle when people try to blame things on illegal immigration. have you guys seen a "A day without a mexican" - the entire US stops functioning (or maybe it was jut CA).  In the south when Alabama passed that immigration law, the mexicans of the south (black people) tried to step in an pick the various fruits/vegetables and a lot of them would quit after one day because the work was so damn hard and you get paid shit, not to mention the conditions of some of those farm camps (over flowing toilets, shit on the ground, etc). White people would quit after one day as well. 

Seems like the only hard workers are the chinese and the mexicans.

lol i actually wouldnt say that just yet... most of the younger generation chinese that ive met are pretty lazy and spoiled... have a feeling in 20-30 years, the only hard workers are going to be the mexicans...  :-\

Irvinecommuter said:
world chaos said:
ok sir... i traded this and shorted this until Timbuktu... go ahead... u are right... again, this is a dangerous path to go down... ignorance is a bliss... if i told u wamu was not in trouble, rather jpm was, and wamus assets were used to balance jpms books instead would u believe me? probably not either... but its ok... i dont care haha...

Ignorance is bliss?  I am going to say I know a lot more about the inner workings of Chase and WaMu than you think.

dude man... then how can u not know wamu went through chapter 11? all court docs and settlement agreement can be found here (http://www.kccllc.net/WAMU)

whatevers... red pill or blue pill makes no difference when their cronies in either cabinet are from the same corrupt pool... if paulson cant finish the job, geitner will...

world chaos said:
Irvinecommuter said:
world chaos said:

dude man... then how can u not know wamu went through chapter 11? all court docs and settlement agreement can be found here (http://www.kccllc.net/WAMU)

whatevers... red pill or blue pill makes no difference when their cronies in either cabinet are from the same corrupt pool... if paulson cant finish the job, geitner will...

I was talking about the transfer of banking assets to JPMorgan.  The bankruptcy case is pretty much for the carcass of WaMu.

ic what u mean then... i dunno... wamus carcass actually had enough to pay up to some of its debtors (those in preferred stock holders, up to about 2billion usd)... in normal bk cases, most creditors woulda been lucky to get some money back let alone debtors...

this stuff really makes u think, like, what? how can u still have 2billion remaining AFTER paying off all ur creditors yet be labelled insolvent?? and this was WITHOUT payouts from the liquidation trusts AND resolution to a number of law suits by wamu against JPM still in the works...

whats worse there was no valuation and listing of the assets the carcass had... usually that is the first order the judge takes... but with wamu, they never revaluated and relisted assets from the beginning of the case till the end... some of wamus stock holdings of other companies (particularly VISA shares since wamu seemed to have a butt load of them) were not even updated to market value but was kept in the books at perma 2008 value so it looked like wamu was insolvent

from following this case, and from my own opinion, the court and lawyers (even the ones working on wamus side the creditors lawyers) were trying very hard hide value, it got so bad, shareholders decided to introduce and motion for the introduction of a debtors lawyers, which passed!! (the judge smelled something fishy going on too)... to this day we dont even know if jpm even paid ANYBODY the 1.9b for all of wamus assets it received... nobody could find any documentation of this and whenever the question was motioned in court it was purposely brushed aside! lol... during one of the walwraths rulings she said "wamu might not necessarily be insolvent" ... thats the closest the court ever got to ruling whether wamu was solvent or not... but of course no one will come out and flat out say "wamu was solvent" because that would indicate corruption at the highest levels all the way up to paulson!... but from my own following of this case and opinion, wamu was for sure solvent... again this is my own opinion... but stuff like this seriously disenfranchises me on our executive and judicial system

the media spins it like jpm saved wamu... but from all this, it seriously makes ppl think it was the other way around...

shiela bair doesnt dare mention wamu... but since she has retired she has came out to say exactly this for a lot of the other mergers/acquisitions during that time... i know stuff like this sounds like a conspiracy theory bleh :-\... thats why i say... ignorance is bliss... i didnt say it as a means to offend you

Irvinecommuter said:
1)  Sequestration is not going to happen.  No one is going to cut defense funding or domestic policies.  Do you actually think that anyone is going to call Obama out during the lame duck session after he get elected?  And even if they do, who cares.
Well that didn't take long.  Obama assures us that the sequestration will not happen on Monday, says the sequestration is in place on Tuesday.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...lip-Flops-on-Debate-Statement-About-Sequester

steven said:
Irvinecommuter said:
1)  Sequestration is not going to happen.  No one is going to cut defense funding or domestic policies.  Do you actually think that anyone is going to call Obama out during the lame duck session after he get elected?  And even if they do, who cares.
Well that didn't take long.  Obama assures us that the sequestration will not happen on Monday, says the sequestration is in place on Tuesday.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...lip-Flops-on-Debate-Statement-About-Sequester

I would call that more of an outright lie than a flip-flop.

If you want to see flip-flops, first the challenge from Obama to find instances where he has flip-flopped:
http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2511595

and then the response
http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/obama-says-to-look-at-videotape-for-his-flip-flo

Obama - Where's my plan?  I couldn't find my plan - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RjTrcb27Xmg

21105_129829727166910_655705374_n.jpg

Back