Who do you think won?

• Obama

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Romney

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
Romney got me at capital gains, sympathy for working women (no matter how fake) and contraceptive coverage. Obama- look! The invisibe man.. We could see him, and hear him :)

Enjoyed the debate.
Voter status : undecided.

I'll start watching my recording in 20 minutes. However, with all the banter on Facebook filling in the blanks, I feel like I don't even need to watch. I read the Cliff notes.

283428_124432937706589_1487843378_n.jpg

SoCal said:
I'll start watching my recording in 20 minutes. However, with all the banter on Facebook filling in the blanks, I feel like I don't even need to watch. I read the Cliff notes.

283428_124432937706589_1487843378_n.jpg

So what did you think?

Based on the VP debate and this one, I think it is obvious that the Democrat strategy is to try to monopolize time and not worry about the truth.

winex said:
I think it is obvious that the Democrat strategy is to try to monopolize time and not worry about the truth.

you just described world chaos right there. such an eye sore for this forum.

apologize in advance for being off topic.

winex said:
So what did you think?

Based on the VP debate and this one, I think it is obvious that the Democrat strategy is to try to monopolize time and not worry about the truth.

What?  Romney is the one that 1) changed all of his stances/view in the first debate and 2) are making arguments with little or no facts. 

Obama won by a clear margin last night.  Romney held his own which is sufficient to keep him in the race.  Romney is still a giant ball of vagueness...how is he going to cut the deficit when he 1) wants to lower tax rates, 2) increase defense spending by $2 billion, 3) cut no substantive deductions, and 4) keep pretty much all of the spending.

Irvinecommuter said:
winex said:
So what did you think?

What?  Romney is the one that 1) changed all of his stances/view in the first debate and 2) are making arguments with little or no facts. 

Obama won by a clear margin last night.  Romney held his own which is sufficient to keep him in the race.  Romney is still a giant ball of vagueness...how is he going to cut the deficit when he 1) wants to lower tax rates, 2) increase defense spending by $2 billion, 3) cut no substantive deductions, and 4) keep pretty much all of the spending.

If Romney proposed all the things you are saying he does, then he wouldn't cut the deficit.

But he has already said that he plans to reduce spending from the current 24% of GDP to the post World War II historic average of 20%.

He plans on eliminating numerous deductions and simplifying the tax code.  Simplification of the tax code in itself gives back some $300 billion to the economy every year to use for more productive purposes.

As for defense spending, he wants to raise it to 4% of GDP from the current 3.3%.  This is still low by historic standards.

So while we are on the subject of specific plans, has Obama announced any for a second term?  All I hear is fuzziness like "forward" and "grow the economy by helping the middle class".  I follow this stuff closely and have yet to see a specific plan for anything.

winex said:
Irvinecommuter said:
winex said:
So what did you think?

If Romney proposed all the things you are saying he does, then he wouldn't cut the deficit.

But he has already said that he plans to reduce spending from the current 24% of GDP to the post World War II historic average of 20%.

He plans on eliminating numerous deductions and simplifying the tax code.  Simplification of the tax code in itself gives back some $300 billion to the economy every year to use for more productive purposes.

As for defense spending, he wants to raise it to 4% of GDP from the current 3.3%.  This is still low by historic standards.

So while we are on the subject of specific plans, has Obama announced any for a second term?  All I hear is fuzziness like "forward" and "grow the economy by helping the middle class".  I follow this stuff closely and have yet to see a specific plan for anything.

1)  What is he planning to cut?  What simplification is he talking about?  How is "simplification" going to save $300 billion? 

2)  To use the 24% number is extremely misleading because it accounts for the stimulus and bailouts.  Unless you believe that the US is going to go into another depression threat and need additional stimulus, the 24% is not going to continue anyways.  Also, Obama actually put war spending back into the budget where as Bush kept using "off-the-books" money to fund the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
http://www.factcheck.org/2012/06/obamas-spending-inferno-or-not/

3)  What deductions are we talking about?  He already took off charitable donations, health care deductions, and home mortgage from the table.  Even if he does put those on the table, they would affect the middle class a lot more than the relatively wealthy considering most of those deductions are phased out for high income earners anyways.

4)  Who cares about historical norms?  Republicans are the ones who talk about not "borrowing" money from China to fund things we don't need.  Why is an increase in the military budget necessary?

5)  Obama has already sent to Congress a jobs bill that focuses on infrastructure building, hiring more teachers, investment in green jobs/industry, as well as tax incentives for re-training and for companies to keep jobs in the US.
http://www.npr.org/2012/10/08/162400400/obamas-jobs-plan-focuses-on-federal-investment

Cubic Zirconia said:
Romney got me at capital gains, sympathy for working women (no matter how fake) and contraceptive coverage. Obama- look! The invisibe man.. We could see him, and hear him :)

Enjoyed the debate.

tumblr_mc0s6i9wez1rj8amio1_1280.jpg

IrvineRealtor said:
Cubic Zirconia said:

Enjoyed the debate.

tumblr_mc0s6i9wez1rj8amio1_1280.jpg

Binders FULL :) But, aww at the way he said 5pm- end of the day :)

USCTrojanCPA said:
Did anyone else notice that the moderators have been biased to Obama & Biden?

No.  The first moderator was ineffective to Romney's benefit.  I thought the moderator for the VP debate was great and even.  Crowley was pretty even with the exception of the Libya fact check.

The Motor Court Company said:
winex said:
I think it is obvious that the Democrat strategy is to try to monopolize time and not worry about the truth.

you just described world chaos right there. such an eye sore for this forum.

apologize in advance for being off topic.

haha looks like someones still bitter they got bitched slapped about 6 times so ur resorting to side banter and then RUNNIN AWAY!! I prefer ur old QFPE strategy much better... :)

hows ur neighborhood so far? enjoyin the alerts on spotcrime.com? good looks good looks

obama won cause he appeared a lot more aggressive and dropped the 47% bombshell at the end... i wish romney didnt keep repeating himself at times, would have helped cause it made him seem unprepared for a few of the audience questions... i like the george bush question hahaha its like a nicer way of asking "are you a neocon?"

world chaos said:
obama won cause he appeared a lot more aggressive and dropped the 47% bombshell at the end... i wish romney didnt keep repeating himself at times, would have helped cause it made him seem unprepared for a few of the audience questions... i like the george bush question hahaha its like a nicer way of asking "are you a neocon?"

That's because Romney does not have anything new to say and won't get specific.

yeah well im kind of bummed this debate didnt even mention the fed and bernankes QE3 and have the candidates go at each other over this

whatever... paul ryan voted for the 2 wars that got us into this huge fiscal mess and obama exacerbated it by borrowing even more... n now theyre trying to blame each other =_=... if romney is ok with saying he wont touch military spending, to me it just means he does not truly believe in balancing the budget... obama says he wants to cut military spending but the last 2 years hes ramped up covert military activity worldwide... both are full of shit

Back