halfnote19_IHB
New member
Here is an article from Lansner where he talks about home prices in June 07 up from June 06.
As we all have seen in many of these post that it may be an artificial high. People rely on system from DataQuick for home trends, which shows the median home price for any given city. I am not a specialist in statistics, and maybe that's why I don't completely understand, but why do they report on median home prices and not average home prices? They are not the same thing in any way, and wouldn't the average home prices paint a more complete picture of the housing market?
As we all have seen in many of these post that it may be an artificial high. People rely on system from DataQuick for home trends, which shows the median home price for any given city. I am not a specialist in statistics, and maybe that's why I don't completely understand, but why do they report on median home prices and not average home prices? They are not the same thing in any way, and wouldn't the average home prices paint a more complete picture of the housing market?