Observations from the front lines of the Irvine housing market?

Kenkoko said:
@IHO, in my mind, I've always been civil & respectful to you even when I was "piling up" on you with others. I hope you saw it that way too.

This is quite true... even when I got a bit snarky with you. But my point is where were you to defend my contrarian viewpoint? Why do you only love Liar Loan? :)

But your take is a bit one-sided. I know you like the against the grainer (Yang!) but I think you also have to recognize that some posters really bring it on themselves.

Maybe you miss the posts where LL is being very condescending to other members... but he's really jumped the shark. Sure he tries to disguise it with links from other sites but he is so wrong now that I'm not the only one who disagrees with him.

And don't get me wrong, I do understand he has knowledge and experience but that all gets tainted with his one sided view of Irvine which he projects on others because of what's happened to him in the past.

And he doesn't practice what he preaches. He talks about not buying back in 2018 because he expected a slowdown/drop/plunge in prices yet he bought outside of Irvine where he claims homes dropped less thus meaning he actually paid more. And while he was buying, why wasn't he recommending that to others instead of arguing against me then and now blaming me for buying way before 2018 and "getting mine"?

I can go on and on about his hypocrisies but the biggest one is him getting his hand caught in the Irvine Pain Jar. He kept saying Irvine owners will be in for lots pf pain when prices drop... and now he's switched it to Irvine buyers are experiencing pain because prices went up instead of down.

Sorry... but there comes a point where his knowledge/experience is overshadowed by lies and deception. This is that time... instead of manning up... he's doubling down and that's why posters like Calbears and even R2D (who is really nice) are fed up.

Danimal said:
I will be the first to block you, moreBS and ll.  No option to mute/block someone here on IT. Such an old school forum.

Well, there is an Ignore List, and I have moretroll, akula and LL on the list. Most of the time I don't see their posts, when someone replies to their posts, I will see the content of their posts.

Kenkoko said:
Calbear, I disagreed with LL on many issues. I disagree with SGIP on lots of issues. I disagree with IHO on some issues.

Yet, I still believe it?s possible to disagree with someone and still feel that person is worthy of respect.

I use TI for information. Substantive and diverse discourse is what intrigues me.

Even if you disagree with LL on RE, he has been around for a long time & made great points and given good perspective on other subjects.

That's my perspective. You don't have to agree. You'll probably find this laughable too, and that's just fine.

And what exactly is the point of trying to get someone to " admit they were wrong" ?

If you truly have such an negative opinion of LL, why not just mute / block him?

It might be better so we can have more civil discourse and not stoop down to 5th grade drama.

@IHO, in my mind, I've always been civil & respectful to you even when I was "piling up" on you with others. I hope you saw it that way too.

You don't seem to get my point.

I don't have a negative opinion of LL because I disagree with his opinions. It's because he's a hypocrite who refuses to admit he was wrong and doubles down with lies and cherry picking data to want to be right.

I have even worse opinion of moretroll and akula because they've been spreading misinformation.

I disagree with SGIP and R2D on some issues too, but I respect their opinions.

irvinehomeowner said:
Kenkoko said:

This is quite true... even when I got a bit snarky with you. But my point is where were you to defend my contrarian viewpoint? Why do you only love Liar Loan? :)

But your take is a bit one-sided. I know you like the against the grainer (Yang!) but I think you also have to recognize that some posters really bring it on themselves.

Maybe you miss the posts where LL is being very condescending to other members... but he's really jumped the shark. Sure he tries to disguise it with links from other sites but he is so wrong now that I'm not the only one who disagrees with him.

And don't get me wrong, I do understand he has knowledge and experience but that all gets tainted with his one sided view of Irvine which he projects on others because of what's happened to him in the past.

And he doesn't practice what he preaches. He talks about not buying back in 2018 because he expected a slowdown/drop/plunge in prices yet he bought outside of Irvine where he claims homes dropped less thus meaning he actually paid more. And while he was buying, why wasn't he recommending that to others instead of arguing against me then and now blaming me for buying way before 2018 and "getting mine"?

I can go on and on about his hypocrisies but the biggest one is him getting his hand caught in the Irvine Pain Jar. He kept saying Irvine owners will be in for lots pf pain when prices drop... and now he's switched it to Irvine buyers are experiencing pain because prices went up instead of down.

Sorry... but there comes a point where his knowledge/experience is overshadowed by lies and deception. This is that time... instead of manning up... he's doubling down and that's why posters like Calbears and even R2D (who is really nice) are fed up.

I think you made a great point. As a natural contrarian with Yang genes, I do get drawn to contrarian opinions. Sometimes without even realizing it.

I will admit that I'm biased & prone to being one sided on some issues.

And I did have periods where I don't check TI for months. I probably don't have the full scope of all the back & froths.

But I also tend to not care about internet dunks or settling scores.

I rather just have insightful info, reading people's perspectives that challenges mine, and I like data. And LL check those boxes for me.

It?s kind of odd someone who doesn?t live here posts so regularly. It?s like me posting on TalkLagunaNigel (if it?s exists) and trashing the city even though I don?t live there?.frankly just odd and creepy.

Expecting a bearing outlook is reasonable but at least commit to a timeframe and prediction instead of saying the sky is falling for 36 months straight.

We are all being troll by a bot, or bots... :)

I DON?T SEE ANYTHING BAD HAPPENING TO THE HOUSING MARKET.

No one is moving with a 3% mortgage.

No one buying with a 6% mortgage.

Compressed-Village said:
Now I see why Irvine Co is one of the most 50 valuable private holding company. Their residential rentals is off the chart.

Yea, back pre-2000 they used to share the wealth, Irvine Apartment Communities    was a REIT throwing 13-15% when they took it back private.

Compressed-Village said:
We are all being troll by a bot, or bots... :)

I DON?T SEE ANYTHING BAD HAPPENING TO THE HOUSING MARKET.

No one is moving with a 3% mortgage.

No one buying with a 6% mortgage.
Cash buyers don't care what rates are. With rates going up, housing prices generally go down, which means ones cash goes further than when rates are low.

CalBears96 said:
Kenkoko said:
Calbear, I disagreed with LL on many issues. I disagree with SGIP on lots of issues. I disagree with IHO on some issues.

Yet, I still believe it?s possible to disagree with someone and still feel that person is worthy of respect.

I use TI for information. Substantive and diverse discourse is what intrigues me.

Even if you disagree with LL on RE, he has been around for a long time & made great points and given good perspective on other subjects.

That's my perspective. You don't have to agree. You'll probably find this laughable too, and that's just fine.

And what exactly is the point of trying to get someone to " admit they were wrong" ?

If you truly have such an negative opinion of LL, why not just mute / block him?

It might be better so we can have more civil discourse and not stoop down to 5th grade drama.

You don't seem to get my point.

I don't have a negative opinion of LL because I disagree with his opinions. It's because he's a hypocrite who refuses to admit he was wrong and doubles down with lies and cherry picking data to want to be right.

I have even worse opinion of moretroll and akula because they've been spreading misinformation.

I disagree with SGIP and R2D on some issues too, but I respect their opinions.

The only thing I have against Irvine, is the state it sits in and the policies and politics of that state. It's leading to two classes of people, the haves and the have nots and that isn't a good thing. There should be some hope for people to grow up here, be able to afford to live here, go to school here, raise a family and buy a house and I don't see that happening unless you're part of the haves growing up. Shouldn't be like that, imo.

Irvine itself is a very nice place to live (although they do keep the negatives under wraps).

I've been getting emails from Toll Brothers for their Meadows community in Lake Forest lately, first email saying there are spots available now and another one saying "now offering limited -time incentives".  I already own a condo in Portola sprigs so i'm in no rush to buy (and Meadows location sucks anyway), but up until few weeks ago they wouldn't even consider you if you didn't have cash.  I'm a bit surprised for receiving these emails. I've been also getting emails for another community called Lexington on Jamboree. 

I got the same Meadows email.

- up to $3k in design studio credits
- up to $3,500 in lender credits
- one year paid HOA

Not much, but the cracks always start small

qwerty said:

- one year paid HOA

These aren?t entry level homes. So buyers can gamble and hope they have inventory sitting there. Then negotiate the heck out of it and get them to do landscaping for you too.

lol limited time only. these are paltry compared to the total price tag. I like the risk reward for prospective buyers. Just wait to see if the incentives will get better over time.

qwerty said:

- one year paid HOA

The California Court Company said:
lol limited time only. these are paltry compared to the total price tag. I like the risk reward for prospective buyers. Just wait to see if the incentives will get better over time.

qwerty said:

- one year paid HOA

Another risk to consider is the rising mortgage rate. It will just go higher and higher the longer you wait. So buyers would have to weigh that against incentives also.

Back