Observations from the front lines of the Irvine housing market?

irvinehomeowner said:
Maybe this was the pain Irvine would see that LL was talking about.

The pain of not being able to buy a house in Irvine. :)

I felt some of that pain, watchinging the housing price go up $100k in 3 months we were on the waitlist. Fortunately, someone backed out of the Bluffs 2. Otherwise, we'd still be on the waitlist feeling more pain.  :p

CalBears96 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I felt some of that pain, watchinging the housing price go up $100k in 3 months we were on the waitlist. Fortunately, someone backed out of the Bluffs 2. Otherwise, we'd still be on the waitlist feeling more pain.  :p

Notice when comparison is done by LL, dude never have the balls to tell us honestly where he bought his home. I don't care for the actual address, just the city that he reside in to compare with Irvine that he constantly throws eggs at. I bet my money that even as Irvine developing these smaller homes when compare as a whole to whereever he bought, it will out shine and out weight the values.

LL live in the past of yester-years of the GFC that continue to haunt him.

Compressed-Village said:
CalBears96 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Notice when comparison is done by LL, dude never have the balls to tell us honestly where he bought his home. I don't care for the actual address, just the city that he reside in to compare with Irvine that he constantly throws eggs at. I bet my money that even as Irvine developing these smaller homes when compare as a whole to whereever he bought, it will out shine and out weight the values.

I'll tell you my city if you donate at least $1,000 to charity.

Liar Loan said:
Compressed-Village said:
CalBears96 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Say, what??? I am already donating that every month, to my tenants that I keep their rents lower than market.

So that is a charity in itself.

Your turn.

To be fair... if I were looking today... at these prices I would look outside of Irvine... but... seems like stuff is high everywhere... can't believe the prices of the new homes in Lake Forest either.

I think it's relative... every time we've bought a house in Irvine, we always think they are more expensive and should buy elsewhere...we did once... but realized that Irvine is THE BEST EVAR!!!

Compressed-Village said:
Liar Loan said:
Compressed-Village said:
CalBears96 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Say, what??? I am already donating that every month, to my tenants that I keep their rents lower than market.

Your turn.

Keeping rents lower than market is a business decision.  Charity is something that bestows no benefit on the giver.

irvinehomeowner said:
To be fair... if I were looking today... at these prices I would look outside of Irvine... but... seems like stuff is high everywhere... can't believe the prices of the new homes in Lake Forest either.

I think it's relative... every time we've bought a house in Irvine, we always think they are more expensive and should buy elsewhere...we did once... but realized that Irvine is THE BEST EVAR!!!

Yeah, the prices at The Meadows are getting ridiculous too.

Liar Loan said:
Compressed-Village said:
Liar Loan said:
Compressed-Village said:
CalBears96 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Your turn.

Keeping rents lower than market is a business decision.  Charity is something that bestows no benefit on the giver.

LL lives at Great Park. JK. ;D
He said he lives near the coast. He loves Irvine. It?s just that he doesn?t agree with where it?s going. Not every but lots of OG Irviners sort of feel that way. I can see why. I much prefer the location of older hood here. But new homes have their pros also.

CalBears96 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

They are about 1/3rd sold out and they haven't even completed a single model home yet.

Cares said:
CalBears96 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

They are about 1/3rd sold out and they haven't even completed a single model home yet.

Redwoods lady said that models might not be completed before they're completely sold out.

Compressed-Village said:
CalBears96 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

does it matter where he lives? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Lots of people here think that Irvine is the best. Some people think it's overrated. I really don't understand why people love to argue with LL. He's probably trolling all you guys for all we know.

Mety said:
Liar Loan said:
Compressed-Village said:
Liar Loan said:
Compressed-Village said:
CalBears96 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Your turn.

He said he lives near the coast. He loves Irvine. It?s just that he doesn?t agree with where it?s going. Not every but lots of OG Irviners sort of feel that way. I can see why. I much prefer the location of older hood here. But new homes have their pros also.

3CWG in Garbage Grove.  8)

sleepy5136 said:
Compressed-Village said:
CalBears96 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

does it matter where he lives? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Lots of people here think that Irvine is the best. Some people think it's overrated. I really don't understand why people love to argue with LL. He's probably trolling all you guys for all we know.

Lots of people here also think Lake Forest is the best. Just saying 😀😀😀

Has anyone noticed that we?re entering a recession?

NY Fed's Empire State Manufacturing Survey slid to -0.70 in January, from December's 31.90 reading
Stock Market is down about 10% so far in 2022.

Will see what happens once the Fed start raising interest rate and tighten the balance sheet.

BlackKnight said:
Mety said:
Liar Loan said:
Compressed-Village said:
Liar Loan said:
Compressed-Village said:
CalBears96 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Your turn.

3CWG in Garbage Grove.  8)
Last time I checked, Stonegate is actually closest to garbage grove LOL.... Just saying ;D ;D ;D

The housing good deal train already left the station when the talkirvine vets bought back in the day.
It maybe time to start that pizza shop!  ;)

irvinehomeowner said:

Davidlee199 said:

NY Fed's Empire State Manufacturing Survey slid to -0.70 in January, from December's 31.90 reading

Will see what happens once the Fed start raising interest rate and tighten the balance sheet.

And the 10 Yr Treasury hit 1.93% today

Pretty soon Irvine home buyers will only be able to afford Garbage Grove...

giphy.gif

Davidlee199 said:

I expect the stock market to make one new high, with the sp over 5000 before it's final hurrah.

You know you can't get anything right now, right? I can't buy something I cannot get. One of my kids wanted to put a PAX unit in from Ikea. There are none. There won't be any until May 2023 from what she was told by Ikea. They are THAT backed up. Try Home Depot if you want something for your closet. There are very few things on the shelf. It's virtually all ship to store and maybe you're lucky if their dates are anywhere close to be right. Maybe that is affecting your survey?

no supply chain issues in the virtual RE in metaverse! this gotta be the solution.

Ready2Downsize said:
Davidlee199 said:

I expect the stock market to make one new high, with the sp over 5000 before it's final hurrah.

You know you can't get anything right now, right? I can't buy something I cannot get. One of my kids wanted to put a PAX unit in from Ikea. There are none. There won't be any until May 2023 from what she was told by Ikea. They are THAT backed up. Try Home Depot if you want something for your closet. There are very few things on the shelf. It's virtually all ship to store and maybe you're lucky if their dates are anywhere close to be right. Maybe that is affecting your survey?

Back