Observations from the front lines of the Irvine housing market?

eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
How do you they are fed up?

According to you, I'm a fake news spreader who is secretly YF/BTB. So why you care?

You make a statement. But you have no support. Just like covid and the god thread. You just don?t get it.

Support like other members' support? I'm not really looking for one if you still haven't figured out.

I do provide support of what I'm saying in a way I think reasonable. For example, whenever I talk about God, I provide bible verses within the whole context of the all 66 books of the bible, not in a single verse which many people make mistakes on. For Covid, I only cast my opinions, but I never said Covid doesn't exist or suggested anyone not to practice safety protocols. You and I've been almost on the same side in terms of how we deal with this disease believe or not. We only disagreed on couple things which didn't really affect the way we practice safety guidelines for ourselves and others.

zubs said:
The seasonal argument was stupid.  I didn't care for it.  The other stuff was fine.

It IS the season with the low inventories though. So we can't really compare 2018 summer with 2020-21 winter. Seasonal hashtag was a joke. 8)

eyephone said:
Btw - I am seeing price reductions in other markets. (Just saying)

Wooo... Don't start that war with IHO again. I mean you guys finally get along now I don't want you guys fight again. ;)

Mety said:
I know your offer above listing price will get you a better chance, but I always recommend not to offer above asking price. If possible, go even lower. Of course your agent (considering you have a good one) will know better, but I think it's worth a try. The seller will counter with the highest asking price they received anyways, although not all do.

I'm finding more and more listing agents getting lazy and either accepting the highest offer right off the bat OR only countering the top X buyers with the best and final counters so I'm advising my buyers to put their best foot forward right away because they may not get a chance in increase their bid.

zubs said:
Also, why did housing go down in 2018?...cause Jerome Powell raised the interest rates to reign in the FEDS balance sheet.  I think in 2018 at it's lowest it was $3.5 trillion.  What is it today? $6.5 trillion plus?.....

DOW 400000000000000000....40,000 LOL

Prices blipped down 3-5% in late 2018 primarily because interest rates kissed 5% but that didn't last long and by early-mid 2019 those price declines were erased.  Prices are up about 8-10% just in the past year from what I'm seeing in the low to middle market.

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Btw - I am seeing price reductions in other markets. (Just saying)

Wooo... Don't start that war with IHO again. I mean you guys finally get along now I don't want you guys fight again. ;)

Unincorporated OC, Irvine adjacent. 

Offered for $1,999,999 Price Reduced $1,799,000.
dilapidated-tin-roof-shack-wood-smoke-shed-rural-kentucky-rusty-overgrowth-52215258.jpg

Mety said:
Actually that is a bargain. That much land in Irvine or even any part of OC for that price? Yeah, I'll take it.

Sorry not all part of OC is overpriced. As I said you can get a SFH with a driveway somewhere else.
#Misinformation
#alternativefacts

eyephone said:
Mety said:
Actually that is a bargain. That much land in Irvine or even any part of OC for that price? Yeah, I'll take it.

Sorry not all part of OC is overpriced. As I said you can get a SFH with a driveway somewhere else.
#Misinformation

Ok, Mr. So-Serious-Yet-So-Wrong.

Lets amuse ourselves and talk like Mety. RE is so hot, that you can?t find a place with grass under $1.8 mil in Southern California. That is why I might move.
The listings that are lower are fake and don?t trust it. Buy now

There you go, mah'MAN. Loosen up a bit. Biden is the new Prez. Your new stimulus check is coming soon.

Mety said:
There you go, mah'MAN. Loosen up a bit. Biden is the new Prez. Your new stimulus check is coming soon.

What does that got to do with me? I don?t know what happened to you, but you use to give good RE advice. Now it?s not that good.

eyephone said:
Mety said:

What does that got to do with me? I don?t know what happened to you, but you use to give good RE advice. Now it?s not that good.

So it's a good advise as long as it aligns with your opinion, right? Once you see a different opinion, it's either a fake or bad advise?

Alright in all seriousness...

I think more and more people are buying these days because:

1) of the low interest rates.

2) Covid is forcing people to stay home so people spend more on home by owning or buying stuff in.

3) the home price is just not falling/crashing (yet).

I see these as reasons based on people buying around me. Any counter arguments are welcome as long as they'r not as rude as eyephone's. ;D

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:

So it's a good advise as long as it aligns with your opinion, right? Once you see a different opinion, it's either a fake or bad advise?

My opinion? They you can?t find a house with grass and I will throw in a drive way in Orange County less than $1.8 mil.

Rude? Sorry I am telling it like how it is.
I am looking for value. I always trying to stretch the quarter or dollar. I think many people are like that.

But to give a false narrative that a buyer should expect to buy a house is 1.8 mil if you want grass in so cal is false.

Back