Obama's Cabinet

[quote author="EvaLSeraphim" date=1225975637][quote author="no_vaseline" date=1225973849]Dick Morris just savaged Rhom Emmanual as "a horrible choice".</blockquote>

I have long figured that if you don't know what to do, do the opposite of what Dick Morris suggests.

I'm hearing various pros and cons as to Emanuel. He might be ok. He will be a pit bull when his boss wants him to be, and can be kept behind closed doors otherwise. I think it's much harder to take someone more milquetoast, snap your fingers, and have them be a pit bull.

But I'm hearing so many conflicting things, I really don't know if it would be a good pick or not.</blockquote>
From a purely executive standpoint, it's a very shrewd pick. It gives him someone with massive D.C. experience, a direct pipeline to the Clinton machine via someone they trust, and with a solid working relationship with the current House leadership. As long as he's on the same page as Obama, I think it's a solid choice and will go a long way towards avoiding the problems Clinton ran into in his first year.

Obama's first Transition news conference to begin in 20 minutes. Hopefully we'll get some more Cabinet news in addition to econ policy.

Was disappointed with the Emauel pick at first (too partisan), then remembered I've met his brother Ari a few times. A very smooth operating family. Kind of stunning in their smooth ability to deal with people. So I changed my mind, it is a good pick. That family is NOT crazy extreme liberal, and is capable of dealing with people they don't like.

I really wish Obama would make McCain some kind of attack dog on corporate CEOs. Give him an official title for prosecuting and locking up the "evil doers" of wall street. I think it would be a powerful bi-partisan message, and I also think McCain would be phenomenal at it.

And I wish he'd put Hillary in charge of healthcare and admit his plan wasn't as good as hers. That would be another nice olive branch.

I want to see more bi-partisan names mainly though.

No new cabinet members named, reassured the country that he will agressively tackle the problem on day one, and then repeated the litany of things he promised (healthcare, etc.) to and intends to pursue regardless of the economy.

his brother ari happens to be the basis for the character of ari gold on entourage. ari gold would be a great CoS.

Back