OB/GYN Recommendation with Privileges at Hoag?

irvinenester

Two more months to go before my delivery date and my OB/GYN up and quits on me.

Any recommendations of who I should check out? 

Anybody hear anything about Dr. Karamardian in Newport Beach?  That's one name that has been thrown at me, but she seems to have mixed reviews on Yelp and such.

Recommend someone with small hands.. when you're in the exam room, look at what size glove the MD wears..

I need names before I can look at hands!

Arghh...now I'm going to be staring at doctor's hands, trying to figure out if they are small enough...

irvinenester said:
Two more months to go before my delivery date and my OB/GYN up and quits on me.

Any recommendations of who I should check out? 

Anybody hear anything about Dr. Karamardian in Newport Beach?  That's one name that has been thrown at me, but she seems to have mixed reviews on Yelp and such.

My wife sees Dr. Karamardian.  She's had no problems with her.

Costco said:
Your OB quit on you? Are you a difficult patient?

Maybe we all were too difficult for her.  No, she was experiencing some medical issues and I guess she did some soul-searching during her time off to recover from surgery.  She got a great job offer somewhere else with a significantly reduced workload.  More power to her.

I hear finding an OB in Orange County is difficult.  Too many women. Not enough OBs. And nowadays, all women want a female OB.  They don't want a dirty old man violating them while wearing a grin.  Or even worse, women don't want to be grinning while a hot young male doctor violates them

I've heard good things about Dr. Rhonda Flora but good luck trying to get in to see her. I know they have a busy practice. And you have to remember that most OB practices are group practices. So unless it's a scheduled C section or induction, your regular OB probably won't be the OB delivery your baby.  Best of luck.

My previous children were delivered at Hoag, so I just wanted that continuity.  It's a beautiful facility and we've always had good experiences.

I've been having to visit Hoag recently around the lunch time hour and the traffic on the 55 is crazy.  It takes 45 minutes minimum to get from 405/Culver to Hoag taking the 405N to the 55S.

irvinenester said:

Hey irvinenester, Dr. Karamardian delivered our son, but not because she was my wifes OB, but because my wife's water broke and she was the on-call Dr. that night (Her OB is in the same network).  My wife had a c-section and Dr. K was OK we thought, but didn't get much time to chat with her as everything happened so fast. 

My wifes normal OB is Dr. Grouse (Irvine Dr's Office For Women), but I can't recommend her in good faith as there was always something about her I didn't quite like, seemed rush, indifferent bedside manner, something...

If you still haven't found anyone, I can ask a few of my coworkers who delivered at Hoag as well for OB recommendations.

Hi,

I would  definitely  recommend Dr. Linh Nyguen out of Fountain Valley.  She's  warm  and  funny  but  can  be  serious  when  she needs  to be. I  too  wanted a  doctor  with  privileges  at Hoag  but  wanted an ob  who  would  deliver  my  baby  when  the  day  came  and  she  does  exactly  that.  she  delivers 95%  of  her  patients  babies  so  that  was  huge.  There  are  only a  few  holidays  she's  not  available and  in  the  rare  occasion  you  would  get  one  of  her  partners  who  are  nice  as well. 

My wife just delivered at HOAG and her OB is Dr Morris Adhoot. A week after her C-Section and you cant see the scar! He was amazing in the OR.

Back