NYT: A Conversation with Asians on Race

The NYT uses "Asians" to include everyone on the Asia continent. Although, I didn't see anyone from Russia or the previous USSR regions. It's such a sensitive complicated topic, readers might be better served if this piece started with how they're defining "Asians" and why they're choosing to define it this way.

All of the "Asians" conversing with the NYT are of the same persuasion: i.e. the liberal white image of the ideal Asian.  News flash to white liberals, not all Asians are members of the Rainbow Coalition. 

Perspective said:
The NYT uses "Asians" to include everyone on the Asia continent. Although, I didn't see anyone from Russia or the previous USSR regions. It's such a sensitive complicated topic, readers might be better served if this piece started with how they're defining "Asians" and why they're choosing to define it this way.

East Asian/Orientals/"Chinese or Other" (as defined by UK census, in South Africa ethnic Chinese are now "Black")
South Asian/Asians/"British Asians"
Central Asian/-stans/"Them folks from Borat's country"
Sabina Altynbekova = Confuse people who take cultural learnings from Borat

Kazakhstan-Sabina-Altynbekova-Volleyball-Player-Babe-warming-up-sitting-on-court-smiling.jpg

1152374_128a5411667c7c5e325d44d6bc03cb54-692x360.jpg

Back