Number "114" or wait ?

if you are concerned enough to ask, then i would just wait. it will bother you when you're living there if it bothers you now.

bones said:
Cantonese - 14 = will die / 114 = die every day
Mandarin - 14 = wants to die

The #4 in addresses isn't always bad and chinese people will buy it, but the combination of 114 and 14 will make me pass...

How about 44 or "double death" on a home address?

The number "4" is very significant.  In China most buildings don't even have a 4th floor, 14th floor, and 40-49 floor.  Most stock tickers in China don't even have the number 4.  Hospitals don't have rooms with "4" in it.  Buses and car models don't have 4.  Even when the olympics were in China it started in 8/8/2008 on 8:08pm at 8 seconds.

I looked up what "114" means and apparently it's "very sure to die" or that "you really want to die."  I would pay the extra 5k since Irvine has a lot of Asian buyers.  If this was LF or CM then it wouldn't matter that much. 

Builders should work with the City and number all residences "8, 88, 888, 8888, 88888, 888888, etc."

More money on the sale for the builder => more tax revenue for the City.

When I was at the Luxor recently, I looked to see if the inclinators had a button for the 13th floor. Yup. They did. Not to mention lots of dead bodies inside, right below the hotel rooms at the "Bodies" exhibit. All the dead people happen to be Chinese as well... is that extra bad feng shui? That exhibit is right next to the Titanic artifact exhibit which, of course, exists because of the sinking ship and its fatalities. When I was looking at the bodies, I thought to myself: I bet this place has the fewest asian guests and visitors ever.

Asians don't go to luxor.  It's a freaking tomb.  It is extra bad.

The MGM lion entrance got changed because of bad feng shui.  It cost millions of dollars.

zubs said:
Asians don't go to luxor.  It's a freaking tomb.  It is extra bad.

The MGM lion entrance got changed because of bad feng shui.  It cost millions of dollars.

PP/BP the new Luxor of Irvine? Ouch. bad joke.

FreakShow said:
How about 54?  Is that a cursed number?

ChasingRainbows said:
I'm not superstitious, but I'd avoid 4 in an area where a majority of your future buyers care about Feng Shui.

Even if you are not superstitious, will the house number bother you down the road?

114 = very sure to die
https://fengshuiform.wordpress.com/2010/12/06/how-to-interpret-the-energy-of-house-numbers/

According to Chasing Rainbows link, it's actually lucky:

"54?In Feng Shui this is ?shall live forever and will not die?. This is a lucky number."

WTTCHMN said:
According to Chasing Rainbows link, it's actually lucky:

"54?In Feng Shui this is ?shall live forever and will not die?. This is a lucky number."

Except if you don't have enough money living forever might not be lucky (but then again by living in this lucky house you might make enough money... OK I give up)

"In Cantonese, the pronunciation for number 4 is the same as the pronunciation for death"

Is this true? 

WTTCHMN said:
paydawg said:
"In Cantonese, the pronunciation for number 4 is the same as the pronunciation for death"

Is this true?

Isn't that the whole point of this thread?

I know it relates to "death", but I don't speak Cantonese, so I didn't know that it relates to the PRONUNCIATION of the number 4. 

Back