Number "114" or wait ?

Irvine Dream said:
aquabliss said:
Maybe you can ask George Chou of Presidential Incorporated Realty.

He's currently listing this home with address 141:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/141-Yellow-Daisy-92618/home/104498915

Seriously you should call him, he'll probably give some good advice.  It's a big investment and he would know if any of his "Chinese Buyers" have been turned off by the address on his listing.
George Chou would be of no help because I think a "4" middle is not concern but a '4" at end is .  Call Capella sales people and find out if they had difficulty selling 114 and 124

Then my post was of good use since I had no idea that the position of the number mattered.

irvine buyer said:
Caucasian friend of mine bought a house in Irvine (off Culver near Bryan) that had a street number of 44.  When he went to sell his house, his buyer pool shrank as a lot of the Chinese buyers did not want that house number.  My friend even approached the city of Irvine to re-number his house but was told that Irvine no longer allows that.  He felt that the house could have sold for more money if his street number was not 44.

People still say "Caucasian"?

aquabliss said:
Irvine Dream said:
aquabliss said:

He's currently listing this home with address 141:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/141-Yellow-Daisy-92618/home/104498915

Seriously you should call him, he'll probably give some good advice.  It's a big investment and he would know if any of his "Chinese Buyers" have been turned off by the address on his listing.
George Chou would be of no help because I think a "4" middle is not concern but a '4" at end is .  Call Capella sales people and find out if they had difficulty selling 114 and 124

Then my post was of good use since I had no idea that the position of the number mattered.

Ronnie... sigh...

Irvine Dream said:
aquabliss said:

Ah, yes. See, now that makes sense.

Perspective said:
Irvine Dream said:
aquabliss said:

Ah, yes. See, now that makes sense.

Why wouldn't placement matter?  13 versus 31 in American culture.  Or fucking bitch versus bitch fucking in American language.  It's different no?

Someone posted on TI months ago, that some folks will even avoid addresses whose digits total four:

etc.

In 3 years after this thread is dormant, we will see this Belvedere 114 house reselling for $1.4M and all realize how ridiculous this is/was.

This rule is kind of unbelievable.
It push so many numbers to dangerous region

For those people who believe Fengshui. They really dislike 4, 14,114, 24, 124......

If adding those number to 4 is a bad choice. Then adding those numbers to 14, 114....should be avoid.

That's wrong since 68 is their favorite number

Perspective said:
Someone posted on TI months ago, that some folks will even avoid addresses whose digits total four:

etc.

aquabliss said:
In 3 years after this thread is dormant, we will see this Belvedere 114 house reselling for $1.4M and all realize how ridiculous this is/was.
Well for a fair comparison we have to see how this Bevedere 114 house resale price compares to the one with $5k premimum that doesn't have an address ending in "4".  Since it will be so rare for both of them to be sold at the same time, feng shuai experts and non-experts will spin it whichever way that suits them.  So in 3 years will most likely have the same argument even if the house sells for 1.4 miilion

Also consider that to get to 114 you can add (44+44+26).  If you add each of these digits together individually you have ([4+4]+[4+4]+[2+6]) = 8+8+8.  Which sounds ok until you realize the total is 24. 

aquabliss said:
Also consider that to get to 114 you can add (44+44+26).  If you add each of these digits together individually you have ([4+4]+[4+4]+[2+6]) = 8+8+8.  Which sounds ok until you realize the total is 24.
Aqua, you are a math genius.  Are you sure you don't have Asian blood in you?

aquabliss said:

Awesome. Here is how you sell this. 114 = 8+8+8 = 24 = Kobe Bryant = Chinese Loves Kobe Bryant = Awesomeness = Premium!!!

fe9000 said:
aquabliss said:

Awesome. Here is how you sell this. 114 = 8+8+8 = 24 = Kobe Bryant = Chinese Loves Kobe Bryant = Awesomeness = Premium!!!

211 = robbery

[which equals 4]

Even the criminal codes have it against 4

If you have doubts and are spending near your limit, don't do it... especially if you plan to sell sometime down the road.

This goes for 114, feng shui, cemetery and living next to a main road/freeway.

But... 10 years down the road, whatever you will get for it, will probably make up for that $5k.

#noansweranswer

The fact you're buying a Belevedere says to me you can afford the extra $5 to $20K between now and the next phase. Treat it as insurance. Why wouldn't you want to maximize your buyer pool when you do sell and not have to listen to all the Chinese friends/coworkers/neighbors tell you why you shouldn't have bought that house...because they'll tell you.

I believe 104 pewter - the single loaded street in mr belvedere was one of the last to sell in previous phases. Also all the ones at t-intersections.  I'm sure some white guy came around and scooped those up

I think T-Intersection is completely different.  That turns of buyers of all ethnicities.  I mean who wants headlights shining through your window every 5 minutes at night.

Back