Not Zoned for BC or TR - What are the chances of getting into?

janeyoc_IHB

I am looking to buy in Turtle Ridge. Vista Verde has a year round program which does not appeal to my schedule. What are my chances of getting into either Bonita Canyon or Turtle Rock elementary? Would work hardship associated with the year round schedule be enough for me to get into another closer school?

[quote author="janeyoc" date=1240900368]I am looking to buy in Turtle Ridge. Vista Verde has a year round program which does not appeal to my schedule. What are my chances of getting into either Bonita Canyon or Turtle Rock elementary? Would work hardship associated with the year round schedule be enough for me to get into another closer school?</blockquote>

Hi, Janey. Welcome to IHB.

Your chances will depend on the grade level you seek to transfer into and the capacity of the school. For example: here is the <a href="http://www.iusd.k12.ca.us/enrollment/EnrollmentRestrictions.html">enrollment restrictions page</a> for the 2008-2009 school year that will display which grade levels are closed. It says there that the new information for the 2009-2010 school year will be posted in early June 2009, so try checking back then. Hope this helps answer your question.

Yes. The chart is very helpful. If I did buy in Turtle Rock, I wouldn't be able to send my K & 2nd grader to BC even if I lived in the zoned area!

[quote author="janeyoc" date=1240900368]I am looking to buy in Turtle Ridge. Vista Verde has a year round program which does not appeal to my schedule. What are my chances of getting into either Bonita Canyon or Turtle Rock elementary? Would work hardship associated with the year round schedule be enough for me to get into another closer school?</blockquote>
Please don't pay some ridiculous WTF prices to live in TR just to send your child/children to the schools out there. Please consider renting a property for a few years so your downpayment doesn't get wiped out. Prices in TR are just beginning to take slide.

I thought that if you were zoned for one of the year round schools (Vista Verde, Playa Vista, etc)- you had a "second" school choice for the traditional school calendar. I think Turtle Ridge is zoned to Turtle Rock as a second option..... but I'm not sure.

I find this whole zoning thing very interesting.

I was under the impression that Alderwood was a very good school but I've read recent articles saying that the number of students for K-3 is lower than before. The link SoCal78 posted seems to confirm this as it is one of the few Irvine schools that is not closed to outside area students for those grade levels.

Is that because the populace in Quail Hill doesn't have many kids that age or are they sending their kids to other schools?

Back