NoSo will open in 2016

irvinehomeshopper

I will unveil 5 projects in NoSo. The lowest price will be row town homes then a paired duplex followed by a 10 pack sfd green court, 8 pack sfd green court then finally a true Sfd conventional alley load with driveway. These will be all modern styles.

thelandofnoland said:
NoSo is the name for District 1-Mid that MYOB and I have referred to already. Sizes and types are available for the developments on TI. We were planning to release it tomorrow, but we'll let IHS take the bull by the horns. However, to throw words of caution to the winds:

IHS seems to think some of the developments will be SFRs. Unfortunately, even the 2900 sf homes are registered as detached condominiums.

Also, without explicitly revealing details, the designs I feel are worrisome. Lennar is attempting to create a lower-density Central Park West next to the Great Park for an "urban feel". However, they are a mix of Playa Vista (which one of their designs is inspired by) and Beacon Park. It feels awkward just looking at them right now...

IHS has also forgotten something important that might influence your buying decisions for the future of Irvine... unless IHS also wants to post it, I will release it publicly before Christmas.
HINT: Great Park Superphase 2 will have a K-8 school like Beacon Park, but it will consist of just 211 SFRs and 3,173 condominiums! Originally, the City of Irvine planned this to be an ultra-low density community that would be golf-oriented like Shady Canyon. Fat chance now... This is not unlike Neighborhood 4 which now has only about 200 SFRs and some 850 condominiums. To put it simply, there will be very few SFRs in the future... For more information, contact us.

Builder rep vs. Architect-Designer

I can only release information that is officially documented at the city of Irvine. There are just way too many cool things in the making and I can't discuss them due to a NDA. If I were to invest again I would likely pick NoSo. I am dropping hints. The last hint I dropped was the early phase of Ellwood. If you find other projects selling well because it is likely my designs. If you study them hard enough you will know by the pattern and vocabulary. 

eyephone said:
thelandofnoland said:
NoSo is the name for District 1-Mid that MYOB and I have referred to already. Sizes and types are available for the developments on TI. We were planning to release it tomorrow, but we'll let IHS take the bull by the horns. However, to throw words of caution to the winds:

IHS seems to think some of the developments will be SFRs. Unfortunately, even the 2900 sf homes are registered as detached condominiums.

Also, without explicitly revealing details, the designs I feel are worrisome. Lennar is attempting to create a lower-density Central Park West next to the Great Park for an "urban feel". However, they are a mix of Playa Vista (which one of their designs is inspired by) and Beacon Park. It feels awkward just looking at them right now...

IHS has also forgotten something important that might influence your buying decisions for the future of Irvine... unless IHS also wants to post it, I will release it publicly before Christmas.
HINT: Great Park Superphase 2 will have a K-8 school like Beacon Park, but it will consist of just 211 SFRs and 3,173 condominiums! Originally, the City of Irvine planned this to be an ultra-low density community that would be golf-oriented like Shady Canyon. Fat chance now... This is not unlike Neighborhood 4 which now has only about 200 SFRs and some 850 condominiums. To put it simply, there will be very few SFRs in the future... For more information, contact us.

thelandofnoland said:

I clearly havent been keeping up because I have no idea what District 1 - Mid is either.  I did a quick scan of TI for district 1 but i couldnt find anything.  However from this post Ive gathered that this will be in the great park and most of the homes will be condos.  I would appreciate any links so I can gather more info.  Thanks.  BTW TLONL, I didnt see this on your website.  Did I miss it?

thelandofnoland said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
I can only release information that is officially documented at the city of Irvine. There are just way too many cool things in the making and I can't discuss them due to a NDA. If I were to invest again I would likely pick NoSo. I am dropping hints. The last hint I dropped was the early phase of Ellwood. If you find other projects selling well because it is likely my designs. If you study them hard enough you will know by the pattern and vocabulary. 

eyephone said:
thelandofnoland said:

As the traditional skeptic, may I ask for some proof that shows if you really are the architect you claim you are and that you really built the tracts you claimed you did? Some information that you have released in the past has been a bit suspicious...

How was the last builders association conference?

thelandofnoland said:
[As the traditional skeptic, may I ask for some proof that shows if you really are the architect you claim you are and that you really built the tracts you claimed you did? Some information that you have released in the past has been a bit suspicious...

heh, and who exactly are you?  IHS has been a trusted member through three iterations of website

It'd be funny if they're the same person. 
Bottom line is that I appreciate all the info that's been given out from whoever, all good stuff even if it's very preliminary.

thelandofnoland said:
As the traditional skeptic, may I ask for some proof that shows if you really are the architect you claim you are and that you really built the tracts you claimed you did?

I've met him. I talked to his family. I've been to his house. He's legit.

I agree with freedomcm- who are you, thelandofnoland?  When you said "we were going to release this..."- who is we?

hello said:
I clearly havent been keeping up because I have no idea what District 1 - Mid is either.  I did a quick scan of TI for district 1 but i couldnt find anything.  However from this post Ive gathered that this will be in the great park and most of the homes will be condos.  I would appreciate any links so I can gather more info.  Thanks.  BTW TLONL, I didnt see this on your website.  Did I miss it?

I think "District 1 mid", "District 1 NoSo" means southern portion of the District-1-North.  South of Beacon Park and north of Trabuco.

I got this map from here.

orange-county-great-park-neighborhoods-sustainable-features-and-design-elements-4-638.jpg

abcd1234 said:
I agree with freedomcm- who are you, thelandofnoland?  When you said "we were going to release this..."- who is we?

Remember a while back, someone posted that the sn was mentioned at the builders conference.

Back