Northwood Pointe

irvinerealtor

Another new listing that is coming up as soon as it is ready (1 or 2 weeks). 
It is the identical floorplan to the home that is currently listed right across the street at 68 Essex, in Lane's End just reduced from $685K to $665K.

The home is at 67 Essex, Irvine, 92620.
No photos yet, but the sellers will be listing at $625K-$650K.
Please let me know if you have anyone that is searching for this area.

Thank you,
-IrvineRealtor

Update: the property is up and active as of this morning.  Photos came in just yesterday.  Open house this coming Saturday and Sunday.

www.67Essex.com

Thank you,
-IrvineRealtor

The Motor Court Company said:
is there a soft copy of the floor plan? this is duplex with tandem garage?

I've uploaded the floorplan on the website under the "quicklinks" box on the bottom-right of the website. 
There's also a link to an exceptional lender contact just below it...

Thank you,
-IR2

Saw the house today IR. Was very nice! :) The only thing that didn't work for us was the bottom floor. Wish it was a little more open. Other than that it had so many nice little features like the porch, backyard and I loved the little seating space near the window of the master bedroom.

Very quaint and very well kept! :D

Special thanks to the two separate TI members that stopped by the open house today, and "de-lurked" on me.  Was very nice to meet you and interesting to continue to meet so many people that watch/read/learn but do not post.
-IR2

you have open houses on a wednesday?  i thought usual was weekend?  or was this the broker preview day?

Sorry for not introducing myself. I like the house a lot, so different from the Tuscan houses I see everywhere. What a clever way to subordinate the garage and see more of the home from the street. Hope you find a buyer real soon! I notice the stairs clipped into the tandem garage. Would that prevents a SUV in driving through? or simply just back out and the same for the second car.

rkp said:
you have open houses on a wednesday?  i thought usual was weekend?  or was this the broker preview day?

Wednesdays are still "free lunch Wednesdays" for the brokers. You can find the weekly info sheet on what will be open here.  Anyone is welcome.

-IR2

irvinehomeshopper said:
Sorry for not introducing myself. I like the house a lot, so different from the Tuscan houses I see everywhere. What a clever way to subordinate the garage and see more of the home from the street. Hope you find a buyer real soon! I notice the stairs clipped into the tandem garage. Would that prevents a SUV in driving through? or simply just back out and the same for the second car.

These are built by Brookfield with steel-frame construction. I believe you might know quite a bit more about that than I would  ;)

The garages for this home are in-line, but not tandem.  The SUV would not make it all the way through from the front to the back, but each side of the home (front and back) has access to a separate garage door. Both connect in the middle and allow direct access to the interior. I agree that it is an interesting solution in making the homes/lots longer but thinner and allowing the builder to make their target $/sqft at a bit lower density than some of other later developments.
-IR2

I love these brookefield homes. In fact Paloma in portola is similar concept of duplexes that have a wall separation
airgap between the 2 units. This northwood pointe tract made me like brookefield homes a lot. Thats how i found them
at paloma, montecito and my eventual home at monterey in WBE.

Although steel frame is termite resistant they tend to trap heat. (atleast per the paloma sales folks)
which is why they  moved to wooden frames for paloma plan.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Good clarification! Hope you will find a buyer soon. I like the idea of a steel frame house. Termites do not like steel cuisine.

Ultimately I think building homes out of wood is cheaper than steel. The novelty is not worth paying union labor rate when cheap non union labor is readily available from the neighboring Santa Ana.

waitin4ever said:
I love these brookefield homes. In fact Paloma in portola is similar concept of duplexes that have a wall separation
airgap between the 2 units. This northwood pointe tract made me like brookefield homes a lot. Thats how i found them
at paloma, montecito and my eventual home at monterey in WBE.

Although steel frame is termite resistant they tend to trap heat. (atleast per the paloma sales folks)
which is why they  moved to wooden frames for paloma plan.

I believe that the cost for steel >>> cost for wood framing, and is far more likely to be the cause of the change, rather than any effects of heat transference. YMMV.

Reactions: rkp
I wonder how cell phone reception is inside these steel-frame homes... is it like a Faraday Cage and you can't make/take any calls?  :p

Pat Star said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
Ultimately I think building homes out of wood is cheaper than steel. The novelty is not worth paying union labor rate when cheap non union labor is readily available from the neighboring Santa Ana.

So are you saying if that Herman Cain guy becomes president and puts up the electrified fence he talks about, new Irvine homes will get more expensive?  Or maybe TIC margins will get smaller?

If Cain were pandering to the Irvine voter, his (it's not a value-added) tax plan would have been 8-8-8.

IrvineRealtor said:
Pat Star said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

So are you saying if that Herman Cain guy becomes president and puts up the electrified fence he talks about, new Irvine homes will get more expensive?  Or maybe TIC margins will get smaller?

If Cain were pandering to the Irvine voter, his (it's not a value-added) tax plan would have been 8-8-8.

Now that tickled my funny bone.

irvinehomeowner said:
I wonder how cell phone reception is inside these steel-frame homes... is it like a Faraday Cage and you can't make/take any calls?  :p

Why would it be any worse than a steel and concrete office tower?

As an update:
The sale completed and new title recorded today. Congratulations to both the sellers and buyers.
Thank you to several here that viewed, gave feedback, and helped spread the word. Thanks for the opportunity.
-IrvineRealtor.

Back