Northwood Pointe vs Northwood II

MovingtoIrvine

Hi all, I'm new on this board but enjoyed reading a lot of informational posts here!

I'm thinking about purchasing in either Northwood Pointe or Northwood II. Originally my preference was NWII because it's a few years newer and the location seems so central! A gated community in a central location sounds perfect to me! But it seems NWP is more popular on this board, and I also hear people say since NWII (together with Woodbury) was built in those bubble years of 2004 or 2005, the quality was not that great since developers were rushed to get them done and put on market. Many of the homes went foreclosure afterwards. As a newbie in Irvine, I would like to hear more about these two areas. Thank you all in advance!

NWP > NWII

1) Walkability to Canyon View Elem and Northwood HS
2) Multiple parks: Meadowood Park, Citrus Glen Park, Hicks Canyon Trail
3) The Trailwood section has guards at their gates and their own sub HOA pool and tot lot
4) Walking distance to a Chinese Baptist church and Northwood Montessori
5) Longer walk or short drive to OH Village Center, Northpark Plaza, and NW Town Center

iacrenter said:
NWP > NWII

1) Walkability to Canyon View Elem and Northwood HS
2) Multiple parks: Meadowood Park, Citrus Glen Park, Hicks Canyon Trail
3) The Trailwood section has guards at their gates and their own sub HOA pool and tot lot
4) Walking distance to a Chinese Baptist church and Northwood Montessori
5) Longer walk or short drive to OH Village Center, Northpark Plaza, and NW Town Center

NWP mello is lower with bigger lots overall but NWII is newer.

This is NW, not NWP but I think there is no mello and low association dues:
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/12-Bull-Run-92620/home/4781375

That's a decent house, can't believe it sold for $70k and now lists for $1.2m, nice returns!!!

AW said:
That's a decent house, can't believe it sold for $70k and now lists for $1.2m, nice returns!!!

Not sure but I think there were custom homes in that area. I'm pretty sure in the early 90's there were some vacant lots in the area so $70K might have been the price of the lot.

Could've sworn I've seen that particular layout around that area, Especially that stair

Back