Northwood Estates

I don't even know where you are supposed to go from here, but this is not okay. If he has a reputation amongst the city's police and other officials and they still haven't done anything, that's surprising. I'll make sure to recommend against this community to my friends. I had actually previously recommended this neighborhood to my friend who was looking to buy. I always called it a hidden gem community, but there's no way I would recommend him to live in this type of environment. Thanks for the heads up. It might seem like a long shot, but I wonder if you can contact anyone at the Irvine Company since this was one of their projects. To me it seems like he is getting away with this behavior because Northwood II (Estates) is a small neighborhood. That stuff would not fly in some of the larger neighborhoods.

Side note: I'm cracking up at his bouncers in the back on the sidewalk acting like security :ROFLMAO:
good idea

Yes, it's VERY strange...their community needs to really band together to figure out how to get this situated. It's basically like this guy is using his community as his own empire; even having cameras everywhere that feed into his personal devices.
we are trying so hard, but he knows the system!

The community is "managed" (and that is used very loosely) by PMP Management company. They do whatever Mr. HOA tells them to do because "they work at the discretion of the board" (Mr. HOA). Needless to say, would not recommend this company to manage anything.

So HoA is not Keystone? I thought all the IP communities were managed by Keystone. This is IP, right?
We had Associa for many years until Mr HOA moved in. Then he kept changing management companies every few months (Keystone, Cardinal) until he found one who would do his bidding - PMP management. Their CEO tells residents they "work at the pleasure/discretion of the board" and "do not guarantee confidentiality." Apparently PMP is instructed to forward calls and emails to Mr HOA so that's how he knows who is "complaining".

Last edited:
We had Associa for many years until Mr HOA moved in. Then he kept changing management companies every 6 months (Keystone, Cardinal) until he found one who would do his bidding - PMP management. They record all calls from residents (without disclosing this) and forward all calls and emails to Mr HOA so he knows who is "complaining" and takes everything as if it were a personal attack. PMP does not care about the residents at all especially their CEO.
Sounds like it's time to pursue something against PMP. Report them in any way you can.

We had Associa for many years until Mr HOA moved in. Then he kept changing management companies every 6 months (Keystone, Cardinal) until he found one who would do his bidding - PMP management. They record all calls from residents (without disclosing this) and forward all calls and emails to Mr HOA so he knows who is "complaining" and takes everything as if it were a personal attack. PMP does not care about the residents at all especially their CEO.
"Mr. Dictator" suits the name much better for that guy than "Mr. HOA"! That guy reminds me of another dictator from a communist country... 🤣

Last edited:
Every board seat is an election by the property owners in the community. If he's continue to be a threat and miss managed the community, the people should arrange a special election and push him out. We live in a law and order country and especially in Irvine, the owners pay their dues to have a peace of mind. It should spell out in every HOA guide line.

If you go on here and post without taking actions in your own community, it will be pointless.

Or you can pay some one to talk to him. Like me. J/K

Every board seat is an election by the property owners in the community. If he's continue to be a threat and miss managed the community, the people should arrange a special election and push him out. We live in a law and order country and especially in Irvine, the owners pay their dues to have a peace of mind. It should spell out in every HOA guide line.

If you go on here and post without taking actions in your own community, it will be pointless.

Or you can pay some one to talk to him. Like me. J/K
thanks for the reply. unfortunately Mr HOA listens to no one. And you're right, Lots of people complain but few take action. Several of us ran for the board and have done an immense amount of work. But it will take a village. It cannot rest on the shoulders of a few. We are grateful for the 48% of voters who supported the "rebel candidates" but it will take much more to repair and restore our community.

Your post is spot on - I wish more ppl would step up. Actions not words is what is needed.

Last edited:
This is what it is like living here. Not only does Mr. HOA monitor residents 24/7 with his 80+ cameras and apparently now a license plate scanner gate system he had installed in the community, he walks around taking pictures of your house, cars, and Ring cameras - Mr. HOA's creepy tendencies is the reason we have cameras. He used to regularly lurk on our "problem street" and scurry away, but now he is overtly stalking when he knows we are home. We feel this is harassment and it just keeps escalating and escalating. Mr. HOA takes a moment to actually smirk at the camera. I don't feel safe in my own neighborhood, not because of any real crime, but because of our HOA. (PM me for the full video as cannot seem to attach here.)

Attachments

• DC smirking at camera.jpg
    DC smirking at camera.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 44
  • LD PMP taking pictures 2.png
    LD PMP taking pictures 2.png
    200.9 KB · Views: 44
  • LD PMP taking pictures April 18 2024.png
    LD PMP taking pictures April 18 2024.png
    527.6 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
This is what it is like living here. Not only does Mr. HOA monitor residents 24/7 with his 80+ cameras he had installed in the community, he walks around taking pictures of your house, cars, and Ring cameras - Mr. HOA's creepy tendencies is the reason we have cameras. He used to regularly lurk on our "problem street" and scurry away, but now he is overtly stalking when he knows we are home. We feel this is harassment and it just keeps escalating and escalating. Mr. HOA takes a moment to actually smirk at the camera. I don't feel safe in my own neighborhood, not because of any real crime, but because of our HOA. (PM me for the full video as cannot seem to attach here.)
This is not okay. AT ALL. As unfortunate as the situation is, I appreciate you bringing it here for people who are looking to buy there. I can't imagine buying in this neighborhood and not knowing I'm going to be patrolled by Joe Schmoe from up the street who thinks he is the king.

Back