Northpark

OCMommy

Does anyone one the board here live in Northpark?  We toured open houses today and really liked the neighborhood vibe and homes.  The HOA fees seemed reasonable, but we have no idea what the Mello Roos fees are.  We hear that the schools that serve the area are really good schools in the Tustin School District.  We were also told that Orchard Hills will be serving kids in the area for grades 3-8.  Finally, we were told they have great summer programs for the kids.  Thought I would post and find out if anyone on the boards is familiar with the area.

OCMommy said:
Does anyone one the board here live in Northpark?  We toured open houses today and really liked the neighborhood vibe and homes.  The HOA fees seemed reasonable, but we have no idea what the Mello Roos fees are.  We hear that the schools that serve the area are really good schools in the Tustin School District.  We were also told that Orchard Hills will be serving kids in the area for grades 3-8.  Finally, we were told they have great summer programs for the kids.  Thought I would post and find out if anyone on the boards is familiar with the area.

I've been renting in NP for over a year now and am very happy with the area. Feels like half the size of Woodbury but still has several pocket parks, multiple pools, club house, and tennis/basketball courts. The area is clean and well kept; landscaping is mature. Guard gates help keep out unwanted traffic during off hours. Location is good--close access to I5/culver; 261 toll rd at Portola or Irvine Blvd; close to Marketplace; walkable distance to 2 shopping malls for groceries.

There are many families with young kids (though not as much as WB or Columbus Grove). The community hosts several events throughout the year including 4th of July, Pumpkin Patch, etc... They also have other community activities like a swim team, a weekly tot club, talent show, etc...

My kid are younger so I don't know much about the TUSD schools other than they are generally considered good.

Also since I rent, I don't know much about the HOA fees or MR but those are things you can easily look up for a property--use redfin and the OC property tax website.

Hope this helps.

OpenSky said:
Most of the resale listings are blems. Homes near busy streets or blemished by smell... if your home is across the street from a McD's, you can expect some wafting of the fast food stench -- unfortunately, the guard gate doesn't stop it.

These particular sellers are taking the current pricing trend, then adding a little momentum to the price in the hopes of an FCB fairy cashing them out of their respective stinky stucco boxes.

There's a pocket of homes against 261 and Portola that can't find enough buyers, at least not at their asking price.

One listing recently went pending, offering hope to the bridesmaids that remain that the dowry demand isn't a fantasy... and that one FCB might actually "Pick me!"

The latest McRib up for grabs is 16 Carmichael at $928,800 ($455/sf; Even good ol' Gary Fallis is hip to the "8"):
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/16-Carmichael-92602/home/5813100

Not to be outdone, 15 Larchwood updated his price to $1,038,888 ($464/sf), down from a decidedly unlucky $1,050,000:
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/15-Larchwood-92602/home/17474443

Word on the street is 15 Larchwood is owned by a TIC executive. Of all people, he should know how much cheaper new construction is...

Like an old penny, 23 Willow Ridge is still listed... now down to $950k ($419/sf) but holding on for dear life:
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/23-Willowridge-92602/home/5813137

A little advice for 23 Willow Ridge -- 2% commish doesn't get it done, neither does a lack of a lock box (open house only, f-ck you very much) -- there's a reason you're still rotting on the market, and it isn't your crappy location nor your fading paint. Remember that $920k offer you supposedly got a few months ago? Best you're going to get.

26 Oroville relisted. No 8s in the price, just $1.05M ($425/sf) and a better locale than his neighbors closer to the 261. Listed since Turkey Day and still no pumpkin pie.
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/26-Oroville-92602/home/5812451

26 Upland is also on market at $1.225M ($423/sf ), this one right in the path of the McD's fry grease:
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/26-Upland-92602/home/5813437

Of the 37 homes for sale in NP, 10 are in escrow. I'd be very surprised if #11 is a McRib priced at a premium.

I know a few families who live even closer to McDonalds than 26 Upland, and haven't ever noticed a food smell when visiting that area of NP.  I actually like the 23 Willow Ridge floorplan better than the 15 Larchwood, but that's pretty lame that they are limiting the showings to open house only.

On the subject of food - I saw in the latest Gary Fallis doorway drop "newsletter", an advertisement for homemade dumplings from a retired pastry chef who lives in NP.  Anyone ever try these from this lady??

OpenSky said:
It really depends on which way the wind is blowing, the time of day and the outside temp.

It definitely wafts over. We're on the trail quite a bit and I've noticed it any number of times. Imagine that's your backyard...
This is a pro for ps9. :)

Despite everyone clowning on the tustin schools or the mcdonalds, the real estate is hot in Northpark.  It may not be as expensive as Northwood Pointe, but the community feels nicer and newer.  To get a decent sized home over 2500 sq ft, you are looking at over $1.1M at the minimum.  I hope prices become more steady, but it seems like it is only increasing.  The ones complaining are the ones who are getting chased out of Irvine by the cash buyers.

It's cause u told him he posted too much implying he had no life and so he left....or not.

zubs said:
It's cause u told him he posted too much implying he had no life and so he left....or not.
Heh. That's not how I remember it.

He said that I could never decide between 3 houses so that I can continue to be undecided or else I would not have anything to post about.

My response was that I could still post about other things because he is able to. There was no implication other than that there are other things in Irvine (or elsewhere) to post about other than real estate.

Then he called me sensitive and a child and I asked him why he was so mad. He continued to insult me and then deleted his account.

Now... who is really the pot here?

Let's be truthful here... I don't mind being wrong or being insulted... others do... if you have to leave and delete your account over that, well, that's why this meme exists:

h312E22EC

Back