Northpark Square

irvinerealtor

Another new listing that is coming up as soon as it is ready (hopefully my team's spruce-ups will be completed by this weekend). 

The home is at 2 Healdsbury, Irvine, 92602.
No photos yet, but the sellers will be listing at $1.19MM.

Please let me know if you have anyone that is in the market in this area.

Thank you,
-IrvineRealtor

edit to add: photos are in  :)

video tour: here

Open house Sat and Sun, 1-4pm.

GUNS32607105804P_11121123413P_doc162354693_11172011.jpg

I have someone who may be interested in that area, if I send him to you do I get a cut?  j/k.  I don't need a cut.  My question is can you be a fair agent when representing both buyer and seller?  I've heard some people said not to trust seller agent to represent the buyer, and other people said that is fine to work with dual agent as long as the buyer knows what he's doing.

trip said:
I have someone who may be interested in that area, if I send him to you do I get a cut?  j/k.  I don't need a cut.  My question is can you be a fair agent when representing both buyer and seller?  I've heard some people said not to trust seller agent to represent the buyer, and other people said that is fine to work with dual agent as long as the buyer knows what he's doing.

No offense to IR, but why would you even consider a dual agent?  It's free for the buyer to get his own agent to bring to the table, so why shouldn't you?  Unless you consider that as some sort of leverage against the seller/agent, maybe work out some more kickbacks due to the solo commission?  If I ever need a dual agent (of course I never will), IR would be my man though...

trip said:

I would recommend to always work with someone you trust, whether that be the listing broker or your own "buyer's broker."

To answer your question, I recognize that there is a perceived conflict of interest in representing both buyer and seller. What many fail to additionally weigh in are the other interests that are involved, including those of the brokerage and also of the individual agent. Often times these interests are at odds.

To frame it in a different perspective, would you go to a doctor to get well? Does that doctor have only your best interests in mind? What about his obligations to the hospital, to his own health, to his own pocketbook, to the doctor's business partnership? Some argue (correctly) that you can't be a slave to two different masters, but I also would add (just as correctly, I think) that no man has only one master.

In regards to real estate transactions, my experience has been in representing both parties only about 10% of the time. Up front, I ask the sellers to please don't tell me what their bottom line number is, and likewise I ask to please don't let me know what a buyer's max is. And then just present the offers, as in "Here is the buyer's offer. Would you like to accept, counter or decline. The advantages/disadvantages of each option are X, Y, And Z."

If they get together, great. If they are very nearly together and it is within my power and inclination to bridge the gap, I am happy to do that. If they are too far apart, then no deal gets done. Everyone is made clear. Everything is transparent, and in writing. No surprises.

-IrvineRealtor

very awkward construction:  This Manchester Plan 3 home has been crafted in quality by Lennar in 2002. (also not a big fan of "Act now!")

otherwise, a lovely listing!

freedomcm said:
very awkward construction:  This Manchester Plan 3 home has been crafted in quality by Lennar in 2002. (also not a big fan of "Act now!")

otherwise, a lovely listing!

I also somehow misspelled "applicances." Thank you for the feedback. Changes have been made, hopefully for the better.
-IR2

Can we get all CAPS and more exclamation points in the listing description please?  ;)

3CLG... too bad too high for us.

BTW: Can one of you old-school agents confirm something for me. Back in the day, when MLS listings used to be done on DOS computers, did the MLS software only allow CAPS on data entry before which is why you see that as a holdover? Just wondering.

irvinehomeowner said:
Can we get all CAPS and more exclamation points in the listing description please?  ;)

3CLG... too bad too high for us.

BTW: Can one of you old-school agents confirm something for me. Back in the day, when MLS listings used to be done on DOS computers, did the MLS software only allow CAPS on data entry before which is why you see that as a holdover? Just wondering.

That might be the case, but as long as I've been using this MLS system it has allowed both upper- and lower-case entries (as did San Diego's, Newport's, and Sacramento's systems that I'd used in the past).

IrvineRealtor said:
iacrenter said:
IR,

Nice double lot!
Is this the same floor plan as the other double lot sold earlier in the year in NPSq?
6/30/2011
$1.13M
76 Pacific Cresthttp://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/76-Pacific-Crst-92602/home/5857886

Yes, I believe that was the same floorplan, but with a different orientation on the lot. IIRC, that home was a short sale or REO and listed much lower than the final sale price.
-IR2
It was a flip with group headed up by the listing agent and they listed it below market to move it quickly, I submitted an offer on it for a touch over $1.1m.  One of my buyers picked up a home in Long Beach before these same flippers put another flip on the market.

Just as a close-out update, this sale completed last week.

Congratulations to the sellers on getting their full asking price, and for the buyers who got the property that they'd been looking for.

Thanks to those of you that I got to meet, as well!

-IrvineRealtor

Congrats on the sale IR and thanks for updating.

Now to hijack this thread, would like to discuss this further:
It's free for the buyer to get his own agent to bring to the table, so why shouldn't you?  Unless you consider that as some sort of leverage against the seller/agent, maybe work out some more kickbacks due to the solo commission?

The "free to buyer" is a misconception as they are still paying for the commission by paying more for the house.  If you trusted the listing agent, wouldnt you be able to automatically ask for 3% less on the final sale price of the house? From the sellers viewpoint, they are still receiving the same amount whether they reduce the price by 3% or pay it to the buyers agent. 

Also my experience in shortsales offers leads me to believe that listing agents prefer dual representation and even exclude higher offers that come from a different agent. 

Finally, I have much better communication with 1 person between me and the seller vs 2 people. 

Back