northpark square pictures + info

pecosbill_IHB

Hi,

I am looking for more info on Northpark square and was wondering if someone can share pictures and a short description of this area. As it is probably a gated community ? then difficult to browse around without an "authorization" if I happen to come to Irvine in short future. Also, if someone have the detaisl about the pools and amenities of Northpark square that would be great.

If also someoen have floor plans that would eb great, looking for 4 to 5 bedroom house price range max 1.1 to 1.2 M

You can send stuff as private message if you want....

Kind regards,

Pecosbill

Northpark Square is NOT gated... only one part of it is (supposedly a senior community).

It's a nice area with a good mix of homes but it feels a bit cramped to me.

As far as floorplans for all of NP Square, I haven't found any with Google-Fu... so you may need to PM IR2 for specifics.

My parents live in Northpark (the area between portola and irvine blvd), and so I lived there for about 4 years in high school/early college. I can say, having been to a lot of different parts of Irvine, Northpark has some of the best amenities. If I recall, there are 4 pools, 3 of them with spas, and all have more than one BBQ.

There is a lot of greenery, and overall the neighborhood is nice. Price per Sq.Ft seems pretty high, though a lot lower these days than at the peak.

Its also nice being sandwhiched between two shopping centers, with an Albertsons on one side and a (eerily empty) Pavillions on the other.

Hello Pecos -

Northpark and Northpark Square are two separate entities (although the MLS lists them as a single grouping).

Northpark is entirely a guard-gated community. When you tour, you will just have to explain that you are interested in seeing a house for sale and give the guards the address you wish to view. They record your license plate, print out a temporary pass for you, and you are on your way...

Northpark Square is south of Irvine Blvd and is nearly entirely ungated (there is a small section of homes within Northpark Square that is gated, but no guards, and the SFR tract there is named "Rutherford")

Floorplans for both areas (and most of the rest of Irvine) are here: <strong><a href="http://floorplans.irvinerealtorsite.com/Northpark/">http://floorplans.irvinerealtorsite.com/Northpark/</a></strong>

I've tried to incorporate into the nomenclature an idea of which might be suitable for users, sizewise (i.e. Bel Air model "A" is labeled BelAirA2710, and is 2710 sqft.)

Good luck,

-IrvineRealtor

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1251425601]Northpark Square is NOT gated... only one part of it is (supposedly a senior community)</blockquote>

The gated Bella Rosa section of NP Square is supposed to be for Seniors? Really? I've never heard that before. None of the home listed there ever indicate that you must be 55+ or something to move in? For instance:

<a href="http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/36-Whitford-92602/home/5858446">36 Whitford</a>

pecosbill....Not sure you will find anything of the size you are looking for in NP Square. You'll probably need to go into the original Northpark. For something like this:

<a href="http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/8-Dos-Rios-92602/home/5858998">8 Dos Rios</a>

Ahh... you don't separate NP and NP Square. That's why I didn't link there in my first post.

Maybe you should put an indicator or something so we know which ones are for NP and which ones for NP Square.

(just a suggestion)

[quote author="CK" date=1251426173][quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1251425601]Northpark Square is NOT gated... only one part of it is (supposedly a senior community)</blockquote>

The gated Bella Rosa section of NP Square is supposed to be for Seniors? Really? I've never heard that before. None of the home listed there ever indicate that you must be 55+ or something to move in? For instance:

<a href="http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/36-Whitford-92602/home/5858446">36 Whitford</a>

</blockquote>
If memory serves me correctly... it was *originally* supposed to be for seniors. But I think that changed shortly after they opened because a friend of mine... who is definitely not 55+ bought there.

Unless it was supposed to be exclusive for other reasons (hence the gate). Maybe a "naturalist" community? Heh.

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1251426301]If memory serves me correctly... it was *originally* supposed to be for seniors. But I think that changed shortly after they opened because a friend of mine... who is definitely not 55+ bought there.

Unless it was supposed to be exclusive for other reasons (hence the gate). Maybe a "naturalist" community? Heh.</blockquote>

Oh, that makes sense on why so many single stories homes. Funny that they originaly planned the senior section closest to the high school.

Pecosbill - if you want to enter the guard-gated Nortpark and do not remember the street name / address of a certain property you want to view or just feel like browsing, I've found the guards to be very cooperative, especially at the north entrance. When you pull up, remove your sunglasses to make eye contact, smile and be courteous and honest. I've never had a problem getting in when I say I'm just looking and haven't been issued a temporary pass (yet, I'm sure they would.) All the advice you got here was good and you will find lots of useful floorplan info on Deuce's site.

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1251426930]Pecosbill - if you want to enter the guard-gated Nortpark and do not remember the street name / address of a certain property you want to view or just feel like browsing, I've found the guards to be very cooperative, especially at the north entrance. When you pull up, remove your sunglasses to make eye contact, smile and be courteous and honest. I've never had a problem getting in when I say I'm just looking and haven't been issued a temporary pass (yet, I'm sure they would.) All the advice you got here was good and you will find lots of useful floorplan info on Deuce's site.</blockquote>
On weekends, just tell them you are looking at Open Houses. They will give you a handout with all the Open House information for Sat/Sun that includes a listing of houses and a map with numbers and how to find them.

Oddly... I remember this paper is pinkish orange in color.

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1251426208]Ahh... you don't separate NP and NP Square. That's why I didn't link there in my first post.

Maybe you should put an indicator or something so we know which ones are for NP and which ones for NP Square.

(just a suggestion)</blockquote>

Lo siento mucho. I have mapped all of my points to the same groupings that the MLS does.

I will add an indicator. In the meantime:

Northpark:

Auburn

Brisbane

Brentwood

Cambria

Evergreen

Huntington

Mendocino and Mendocino North

Monterey

San Simeon

Santa Venetia

Terra Bella

Sonoma

Saratoga

Northpark Square:

Alder Creek

Bel Aire

Campanile

Manchester

Monticello

Rutherford

San Juan Bautista

Tiburon

Triana

Vintner's Reserve

-IR2

edit: floorplan names updated as requested.

NP Square has an awesome park, right in the middle of it, for the kiddies... I take my boys over there to play sometimes. It is one of their favorite parks in Irvine.

Personally, I wouldn't buy in NP Square. Bit too cramped for me. Lots seem really small on average.

[quote author="IrvineRealtor" date=1251427708]

I have mapped all of my points to the same groupings that the MLS does.

I will add an indicator. In the meantime:

[...]

edit: floorplan names updated as requested.</blockquote>
Ooooo... nice... me likey.

Did I already mention how awesome it is when a realtor is tech-savvy?

(being sod-savvy helps too)

Back