Northpark Flip: 2 Malibu

ucla bruin said:
Ha! Please don't take this as encouragement but keep up the good work. Most people tend to dislike those that are hard to deal with, unpopular, egotistic, and prideful (not taking an indirect shot at you btw) but I enjoy it. Maybe you me are the same. Oops I've already said too much.

I don't take anything on this board personally, kudos, or slander, so no need to distinguish whether it's a personal shot or not.

I may be unpopular, but people wouldn't read what I write if it didn't touch them at some level, so I know in that respect, I'm at least somewhat successful.

traceimage said:
IndieDev said:
NonFCB said:
You are welcome. That will be fun. I have $1m in cash and $2m in umbrella insurance for defense. Be prepared to pay my lawyer's fees if you lose.

Only after you get a permission slip signed, and 5 TI members saying it's okay.

I believe we also need an IQ test, no?

Correct, how could I have forgotten? I think it's safe to say NonFCB's $3,000,000 in assets is safe until all of these requirements are satisfied.

IndieDev said:
See, the thing is you're so insecure around me, you automatically resort to turning everything into a personal battle where you try to slog at me post after post, even when there really isn't any argument.

I don't know what I've done to cause you to be so insecure, but trust me when I say, life is too short. Breath the air, have a pastry at 85 degrees, and relax. I'd hate to know what your blood pressure would be if you didn't.  ;)
Slander! No wait... libel!

Did you find your dictionary yet?

Don't give yourself so much credit... for all I know... like NonFCB said, you're just a kid behind a keyboard who dreams that he was an international businessman. I don't measure myself by anything you say... you wish I did... but that's why you find it so frustrating to argue with me... because your silly tactics that you use on others has no  affect on me.

BTW: There are some good community college courses on Reading Comprehension you may want to invest your $1000 into.

Okay I give up. IHO officially hates me over the internet.  :(

P.S - Libel is defined as a form of Slander. It's not either or.

qwerty said:
IndieDev said:
NonFCB said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
NonFCB said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
IndieDev said:
I have a confession, NonFCB is my son. I am his daddy.
Indie, it's time to get the belt out...here's a PM from NONFCB to me...

"http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=344221
It will be fun for other TI members to see it."

One little problem with your google skills NonFCB, that's not me because I've never been married.  What a troll.  haha

Yes, my google skill is not good. Please show me. I put your email address "usctrojanman29@aol.com" (you volunteered this email in one TI discussion) in the Google search box. At the end of second page, we can see this topic. We can also see other interesting topics related to this search. File a case against that board and Google for identity theft. I am just an innocent web browser doing my research.
And that's your first problem, never assume it's the same person.  Second problem, never assume you've heard the full story until you've heard both sides.  I have no idea what prompted your PM to me, but it was out of line...end of story.  You can try to bring me down but it won't work so save your time and googling skills for something more productive.

My search is based on your email address. Maybe someone has stolen your email account and keep posting for several years. I PM you with subject line "Is it you?" and tried to confirm my research. You could have PM me back saying it's not you and then that would be end of story.

That's a flat out lie.

Your statement "It will be fun for other TI members to see it" shows your intent. Get ready to empty out the piggy bank.

I just clicked on the credit board thing. That is our TI's USC Trojan - we are friends outside of the board - that is definitely not him.
I clicked on it too because I was more than curious and then I thought to myself...since when was I married or have an auto detailing business?  hahaha

Who cares if it is or is not him. I like USC but I DO believe it is him.  Like I said, though, I don't care if it is. What relevance does it have if it is him? All it says is that he's discussing ways to restructure debt. Big deal. None of it matters to me. I've had credit card debt. We all do. This is America. Does that mean someone is not qualified to do a job? Ha! Try again. Whether it is or is not, it does not negatively affect his image so it is not slander or libel. Keep your head up, USC.

This is not meant to be condescending, but it will probably be interpreted as such, but it's obvious flybuy has never actually done business where you have to seek funding (venture capital, angel, etc).

Your credit worthiness is almost everything when it comes to doing business. I've personally known people who have had great, profitable ideas, that couldn't get off the ground because they were "untouchable" because of their ruined credit. No investor would take the risk.

To question the relevance of having good credit in business is to not understand what doing business means.

IndieDev said:
This is not meant to be condescending, but it will probably be interpreted as such, but it's obvious flybuy has never actually done business where you have to seek funding (venture capital, angel, etc).

Your credit worthiness is almost everything when it comes to doing business. I've personally known people who have had great, profitable ideas, that couldn't get off the ground because they were "untouchable" because of their ruined credit. No investor would take the risk.

To question the relevance of having good credit in business is to not understand what doing business means.

I will agree with you on the principle that having good credit worthiness is essential in some occupations. For example: obtaining security clearance, as I know from my own line of work.

The mistake you are making here is that:
A) You do not know if he has "ruined credit". You are jumping to conclusions.
B) This is not a venture capital fund. He's a realtor. If there were any issues with his background, the DRE would take care of it. As I understand it, his license is in good standing.

Edit* I realize you, IndieDev, are not the one making these accusations. When I say "you" i am referring to the general "you".

IndieDev said:
Okay I give up. IHO officially hates me over the internet.  :(
Hey... I know you like to put words in my mouth... but I don't hate anyone.

Do you feel better now? Or do you need a hug? No financial benefit in that though.

bones said:
funny thing is - if you google "USCTrojanMan29" - it's linked to a bunch of BMW forums as well as some bad business deal in Vegas that lists his first name.  These things make me go "hmmmm".  And man, if it's not really you, you may want to investigate some of these things, b/c looks like other people are out there bad mouthing your "name"
This just going to show how easy it is for someone to make assumptions about someone without knowing the full story.  ;)

flybuy said:
IndieDev said:

I will agree with you on the principle that having good credit worthiness is essential in some occupations. For example: obtaining security clearance, as I know from my own line of work.

B) This is not a venture capital fund. He's a realtor. If there were any issues with his background, the DRE would take care of it. As I understand it, his license is in good standing.

Your two assumptions are wrong.

A) He doesn't need to have "ruined" credit, he just needs to have enough credit risk to make him untouchable.
B) So will he ever seek money to expand his real estate business? Or perhaps start another business? Or even become partner to a business? Credit unworthiness can have an effect on you in numerous ways, not just the ways you have defined.

But what do I know? I've only been part of ventures that have setup profitable infrastructures in places like West Africa, considered fly over country, where no infrastructure existed before we got there. I mean it's not like credit worthiness had anything to do with attaining funding for such a risky venture.  ::)

IndieDev said:
Please ask your lawyer.

Libel and slander are forms of defamation... but legally (as in a court of law), there is a distinct difference.

irvinehomeowner said:
IndieDev said:
Please ask your lawyer.

Libel and slander are forms of defamation... but legally (as in a court of law), there is a distinct difference.

I didn't realize TI represented a court of law, and not a board of simple transitory statements.

irvinehomeowner is so smart, it's adorable.

Indie, I get that you're a troll, but at least pick one side and stick with it rather than flip-flopping back and forth.

You were taking NonFcb to task for "slandering" USC. Now you are the one trying to pick out his faults about how he could be "untouchable." Which is it. Defend him or don't. You pick.

Agreed. Having poor credit - which we can not confirm he has - would make him a terrible candidate for heading up a venture capital fund in West Africa. Happy now? Thankfully all of this is taking place in an alternate universe that does not apply to USC. He's just a realtor in Irvine. Glad we got that settled.

flybuy said:
IndieDev said:

Edit* I realize you, IndieDev, are not the one making these accusations. When I say "you" i am referring to the general "you".
Add to that the last bank that I worked, as an loan officer who had the authority to sign loan documents on behalf of the bank I was required to pass a bi-annual background check. 

IndieDev said:
But what do I know? I've only been part of ventures that have setup profitable infrastructures in places like West Africa, considered fly over country, where no infrastructure existed before we got there. I mean it's not like credit worthiness had anything to do with attaining funding for such a risky venture.  ::)
Flash those credentials!  ;)
4797595034_8cb82b6b65.jpg

flybuy said:
Indie, I get that you're a troll, but at least pick one side and stick with it rather than flip-flopping back and forth.

You were taking NonFcb to task for "slandering" USC. Now you are the one trying to pick out his faults about how he could be "untouchable." Which is it. Defend him or don't. You pick.

Agreed. Having poor credit - which we can not confirm he has - would make him a terrible candidate for heading up a venture capital fund in West Africa. Happy now? Thankfully all of this is taking place in an alternate universe that does not apply to USC. He's just a realtor in Irvine. Glad we got that settled.

Isn't the issue one in the same? If what NonFCB is saying is untrue, then it's hurting USCtrojan's credit worthiness to potential business partners/associates/investors, therefore making him untouchable.

You think of these things as not important because you fill out a W2 or maybe a 1099, but running a profitable business with potential for growth requires that you have credit worthiness, and that people know it.

IndieDev said:
flybuy said:

Isn't the issue one in the same? If what NonFCB is saying is untrue, then it's hurting USCtrojan's credit worthiness to potential business partners/associates/investors, therefore making him untouchable.

You think of these things as not important because you fill out a W2 or maybe a 1099, but running a profitable business with potential for growth requires that you have credit worthiness, and that people know it.

The answer to this is simple. His credit worthiness can be legitimately verified through a credit check. A serious, potential business partner does not rely only on the heresay of message board highschool gossip. Your credit worthiness is not defined by what an anonymous soul on a board says you have but how your Fico and other data reads.

bones said:
Oh ok I get it now - my apologies.  So basically someone was either impersonating your internet handle OR someone coincidently has your internet handle in the original link you posted about debt.  Don't worry, I'll make sure to pass your name along as a trusted realtor to all of my OC friends :)
Don't worry, I'll be ok without your referrals (I seem to get them from my satisfied clients so I'm good).  I'll keep doing what I've been doing with my clients because that seems to work just fine for me and for them.  ;)

Back