Non-dairy frozen treats

ps9 said:
You tried lactaid?  or is it a real allergy?

I don't know if it's an allergy or intolerance. I haven't been tested. I CAN breathe without difficulty when I have milk. I take that as a good sign and probably means I am not allergic. However, I also read that my ethnic group has the lowest rates of intolerance to cow juice out of all humans and even among that group, my DNA is from the tippy-tippy-top of the people the who are the very least likely to have lactose intolerance. So, that really confuses me. All I know is I'm going to stay away. I had half a tablespoon of gelato 2 nights ago and was sick for more than 12 hours afterwards. It started upsetting me years ago but never this bad. Then it was like a switch was flipped and it recently got a lot worse all of a sudden.

Has Lactaid worked for you?? Do the tablets have any side effects? I haven't tried it yet but I am definitely curious about it. New England Clam Chowder is my favorite soup. I like gravy. I love malts. I don't want to never eat these things again in my life.  :-\

It does work, remembering to take it and having it with you is the hard part.  My leave home trio is wallet/keys/phone, adding pills to the equation will be hard. 

You can cook with Lactaid milk no?

lactose-intolerance-eating-till-you-puke-demotivational-poster-1264180834.jpg

Menchies at Irvine Center & Culver always has several flavors of non-dairy. The Dole Pineapple Sorbet is just like Dole Whip and is non dairy.

Socal. Welcome to the lactard club :)
See, you aren't so different from the majority on this forum afterall!

you people are genetically weak. lactose intolerant? of course that is a white and asian person disease :)

i eat taco bell that has been left out overnight and not one single issue

bones said:
Socal. Welcome to the lactard club :)
See, you aren't so different from the majority on this forum afterall!

I have been exposed to Irvine for so long that my body is now rejecting white culture!

qwerty said:
you people are genetically weak. lactose intolerant? of course that is a white and asian person disease :)

i eat taco bell that has been left out overnight and not one single issue

East Asian, most adverse to milk (90-100%). Caucasian, least adverse (5-21%). Hispanic, middle of the pack (51%).
http://milk.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000661

No reliable studies have been done on taco meat left out overnight. You may have Castironstomachitis.

Creamistry in Irvine off Barranca and Culver has non-diary options.  My daughter has severe dairy, soy, nut allergies so I'm always hunting for stuff like this.

irvinehomeowner said:
I think I'm lactose intolerant... but I like milk and cheese too much so I just deal with the aftermath.

:)

A lactose-intolerant Austrian! Never! You're obviously joking... about being lactose-intolerant.  ;)

I don't know what Creamistry means or what they do. Sounds interesting.

Last night, I bought these. I've never had Italian ice before. I've only tried the strawberry but I think they are really good. I was skeptical that there was no dairy in there because they seem a little bit creamy. But I checked. It doesn't. Must be the corn syrup. Only 100 calories for 6 oz. I wouldn't miss ice cream.

enhanced-buzz-17125-1379448518-6.jpg

Creamistry is basically a custom ice-cream shop.

They make your ice cream with the base, flavors and toppings you want.

They use liquid nitrogen to quick freeze the ingredients as it turns into ice cream.

That's why it takes longer as they just don't scoop it out of giant containers like traditional ice cream shops.
http://www.creamistry.com/

I have an appointment very close-by tomorrow. Maybe I will stop by. What is the Iho Special at Creamistry? I like suggestions so I don't have to stand there forever going, "Uhhhhhhhh, ummmmmm, uhhhhhhh" and I keep letting everybody else get in line in front of me.

Well... I don't have any non-lactose suggestions.

I think the last time I went I got bananas and Oreos in the ice cream base.

You can get the sorbet base.

Just be warned, I think it's $5.50 for a *small* and it takes a while to make.

Weird. I just realized they don't even open until noon. That's a bit late even for this type of place.

Back