No one talks about PS?

[quote author="graceomalley"]How many of you know about the Musick low security prison near by?[/quote]

they do because it is in the disclosures when they purchase. I guess 90% don't read or think of most of it.

OC county jail is impacted and many more serious offense criminals will be sent to this facility. The fencing around the complex is cheap and not secure at all.

Hm, I wonder why no one said anything or advertise this important Irvine border landmark. It contributes good and services like a business too!

[quote author="frank69m"]
[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]PS is far (and so is Woodbury).

The advantage is that PS is "elevated", unlike the West Irvine and the lower areas of Tustin Ranch.

And frank... living near a trash dump didn't seem to affect Newport Coast very much... hear no evil smell no evil.[/quote]

I'd still rather be by the Ocean than by a former Military Base.[/quote]
Touch

[quote author="graceomalley"]How many of you know about the Musick low security prison near by?[/quote]

they do because it is in the disclosures when they purchase. I guess 90% don't read or think of most of it.[/quote]

I just went through the disclosures we signed for Portola Springs. The prison is not any part of the disclosures.

[quote author="pete423"]

they do because it is in the disclosures when they purchase. I guess 90% don't read or think of most of it.[/quote]

I just went through the disclosures we signed for Portola Springs. The prison is not any part of the disclosures.[/quote]

Would it really NEED to be in the disclosures? I mean, the prison isn't even in Irvine, and it's WAY over there down Irvine Blvd. It's not in the Woodbury Disclosures either, but I don't think it needs to be.

[quote author="ajw522"]
[quote author="pete423"]

I just went through the disclosures we signed for Portola Springs. The prison is not any part of the disclosures.[/quote]

Would it really NEED to be in the disclosures? I mean, the prison isn't even in Irvine, and it's WAY over there down Irvine Blvd. It's not in the Woodbury Disclosures either, but I don't think it needs to be.[/quote]

I guess it doesn't need to be but they disclosed just about everything under the sun so I am surprised the prison is not disclosed. For example they disclosed that Wireless Internet may be offered at certain community facilities at least twice.

I must say, when I first saw Portola Springs North homes especially las colinas, I thought I was stepping into a set from Universal Studios. The whole brown/beige color scheme didn't do it for me. But the more I visited the area, the more it started to grow on me and now it doesn't bother me at all...

[quote author="pete423"]
[quote author="ajw522"]

Would it really NEED to be in the disclosures? I mean, the prison isn't even in Irvine, and it's WAY over there down Irvine Blvd. It's not in the Woodbury Disclosures either, but I don't think it needs to be.[/quote]

I guess it doesn't need to be but they disclosed just about everything under the sun so I am surprised the prison is not disclosed. For example they disclosed that Wireless Internet may be offered at certain community facilities at least twice. [/quote]

The disclosures of the prison and of the landfill and the former military bases, etc. are on the local Orange County Disclosure Addendum. Some of the builders choose to include this, and apparently some do not as it is not required. The more disclosures that are made, the better coverage the seller (builder) has in case things go "pear-shaped" in the future.

-IrvineRealtor

[quote author="IrvineRealtor"]... in case things go "pear-shaped" in the future.
[/quote]
Are you poking fun at me again? I told you once I get my knee issue straightened out, I'll be back on the court again and the pear will become an apple. ;D

BOT:

I don't recall having to disclose a prison (it's actually in Irvine but pretty far from PS). I would be more worried about it when the homes go up in the Great Park.

EDIT: I forget that the Webs doesn't deal with sarcasm very well so I added the emoticon thingy so that everyone else knows I'm joking around with IR2.

[quote author="ajw522"]
[quote author="pete423"]

From google map aerial. Musick jail is about 2,800 feet from the graded pads of Portola Springs. The jail is 2 Woodbury distance away from Woodbury.

Since the jail is so far away from homes I think this facility is ideal for expansion due to the lack of OC county jail space. The vacant land surrounding it would be very feasible for additional structures vs building a brand new jail facility some where else where NIMBYism is strong. The cost of adding structures is much more cost effective than building a brand new facility. It saves the OC taxpayers a lot of money.

[quote author="ajw522"]
[quote author="pete423"]

it should be in the disclosures. If not, someone is doing a dis-service to buyers.

The prison property is less than 1/2 mile away from the graded lots in PS. With a grove of trees you won't even see it. When you don't see it the problem goes away. I am sure it could be handled aesthetically.

I was attending school in Claremont when a guy escaped from the low security Chino Hill prison the same category as Musick he butchered the entire family in Chino Hills 2 miles away and drove away in the family car. That was almost 30 years ago and it still haunts me today.

Richard Ramirez did all his serial killings at location less than 1/4 mile away from the freeway. I was living in Diamond Bar just down the street from the victim on Diamond Bar Blvd.

I studied the common traits of crime scene and criminals like to stick to a template.

Sure you can have the safest city but it is next door to one of the largest OC jail facility. No one ever talk about it and I am shock to hear only just a few knew of it.

City of Irvine mandates the prisoner bus to use only dedicated route away from the general population. The bus is forbidden on Irvine Blvd. It is only allowed on Bake Parkway.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]Not sure what you proved here BK.

You just said you lived near two murderers and survived.[/quote]

Basically, you pay a million smackers for a home in PS, but you get to live near a prison, pay 2 mello roos, pay a huge bond bigger than Woodbury in your property tax, you get to live near a former military base (so check for shells near your plants), you get the Irvine Plume underneath you, you get a garbage dump close to you and you are going to take 20 minutes to get to the 5 freeway when they build out Woodbury II.

What a bargain right?

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]Not sure what you proved here BK.

You just said you lived near two murderers and survived.[/quote]

Basically, you pay a million smackers for a home in PS, but you get to live near a prison, pay 2 mello roos, pay a huge bond bigger than Woodbury in your property tax, you get to live near a former military base (so check for shells near your plants), you get the Irvine Plume underneath you, you get a garbage dump close to you and you are going to take 20 minutes to get to the 5 freeway when they build out Woodbury II.

What a bargain right?[/quote]

Hey Frank did you forget a few things like cell tower antenna, high fire zone, 241 toll road where most fires had occurred on both sides frequently from Foothill Ranch all the way to Anaheim. Out of the numerous fires 5 incidents so far were caused by man. It is so easy to throw a cigarette out the window down hill toward PS heading 241 south bound or one incident caused by an over heated car. The santa Ana wind direction and gravity point directly toward PS. The velocity of wind is much greater going downhill.

Not to mention the average speed on Portola racing downhill often exceeded 75mph.

Oh well, the "butterfly" period of buying a home is always blinded like a romance. I would bet those for sale signs would all go up at the same time after the annual Santa Ana wind fire.

If you are looking for a the best deal in Portola Springs then you should buy in late october and pick a strong Santa Ana wind day to bargain with the seller. Even better when there is a fire occurring near by. Trust me it works. Make sure to bring along with you Frank's list to show the sellers why their property is worth so little due to environmental problems below grade, on grade and above grade. Use the negative positively.

[quote author="jumpcut"]My apologies, Frank, I should restate: If you're single (and with a handle of Frank69 I'll bet you are), Graceomalley is the perfect match for you.[/quote]
Frank has a sensitive nose so I think "69" is most likely his birth year than favorite position.

[quote author="new2irvine"]

What a bargain right?[/quote]

WOW!!!! I never knew all this. I should probably put my PS house on the market ASAP and move to QH/Turtle Rock vicinity b/c that's where all the cool 69ers hang out!!![/quote]

You should... You'll get the cool breezes instead of the old, dusty air where tanks used to shoot shells at the mountains. It's 5 degrees on avg cooler over here.

Well, seriously, tell me what isn't true about what I said. Think of it....With the exception of the Plume which no one really knows.

[quote author="graceomalley"]
[quote author="jumpcut"]My apologies, Frank, I should restate: If you're single (and with a handle of Frank69 I'll bet you are), Graceomalley is the perfect match for you.[/quote]
Frank has a sensitive nose so I think "69" is most likely his birth year than favorite position. [/quote]

graceomalley, are you the same person as "bkshopr"

Back