No Mo' 'scrow...

It's been a long strange trip but I am officially in escrow. The quest has finally ended! I think we found a good situation. We probably could have bought the property for less but we didn't want to take the risk of having taken from us.

*Sighs of relief.

A big shout out to Bookie and Zovall. Bookie for sharing his wealth of knowledge with all of us and Zovall for creating this awesome platform called IHB.

Hey all, stay tuned for the "Big Lebowski" viewing(Daedalus)... Turning the garage into the man cave. This will be where I can escape from Triple Trouble aka Wife and two daughters.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1235623536]Big congrats, but how about revealing the home to the rest of us? I'm curious to see...</blockquote>

I approve the design then you can pretty much guess where the freakin ugly garage is located. I am very proud of Serious Weapon.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1235623536]Big congrats, but how about revealing the home to the rest of us? I'm curious to see...</blockquote>

Once escrow is closed, I will post pictures.

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1235623691][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1235623536]Big congrats, but how about revealing the home to the rest of us? I'm curious to see...</blockquote>

I approve the design then you can pretty much guess where the freakin ugly garage is located...</blockquote>

Out of sight... Out of mind!

I had no idea you were even looking to buy right now so this is a surprise. Congrats on your quest ending and enjoy what will be your new "men's crisis center".

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1235625004]I had no idea you were even looking to buy right now so this is a surprise. Congrats on your quest ending and enjoy what will be your new "men's crisis center".</blockquote>

Since May 2008... I came here for the knowledge but stayed for the drama... I <3 IHB... Even the conservative folk... Well, not during election time. :)

[quote author="Serious Weapon" date=1235625603][quote author="SoCal78" date=1235625004]I had no idea you were even looking to buy right now so this is a surprise. Congrats on your quest ending and enjoy what will be your new "men's crisis center".</blockquote>

Since May 2008... I came here for the knowledge but stayed for the drama... I <3 IHB... Even the conservative folk... Well, not during election time. :)</blockquote>
Drama? There's no drama on IHB? :p

OK - sometimes it can be better than a soap opera.

[quote author="CalGal" date=1235626483][quote author="Serious Weapon" date=1235625603][quote author="SoCal78" date=1235625004]I had no idea you were even looking to buy right now so this is a surprise. Congrats on your quest ending and enjoy what will be your new "men's crisis center".</blockquote>

Since May 2008... I came here for the knowledge but stayed for the drama... I <3 IHB... Even the conservative folk... Well, not during election time. :)</blockquote>
Drama? There's no drama on IHB? :p

OK - sometimes it can be better than a soap opera.</blockquote>

Maybe I can get Panda to post in the Football thread...

Well... since you can't tell us more about the house... how about the whys?

Most of the people here are against buying right now so what made you purchase at this time?

Did you sell a previous home or were you renting?

Since there is no garage in the front... odds are this is not an Irvine home?

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1235635027]Well... since you can't tell us more about the house... how about the whys?

Most of the people here are against buying right now so what made you purchase at this time?

Did you sell a previous home or were you renting?

Since there is no garage in the front... odds are this is not an Irvine home?</blockquote>

I.H.O.,

I wanted to hold off longer because myself and the majority of IHB feels that the market still isn't anywhere close to the bottom.

We've been shopping since May of last year and it's been difficult. Either gorgeous and over budget or cramped and over priced.

We decided to pull the trigger because of our girls. The location is on a culdesac and the backyard is big enough for my kids to burn up all the apple juice and snacks they have flowing in their veins.

I also got some sage advice that it's a pretty good deal(Not from a realtor) The Realtor's that I've associated with both have told me to hold off. I want to thank USCTROJANMAN and Deuce as well for looking out for my best interest and not attempting to make a quick buck off of my situation. Cheers to you both.

Anyway, we still own our condo, we plan on renting it out as soon as we move all the crap out and give the walls a frest coat of paint.

Believe it or not, the garage along with the rest of the house is located in Irvine.

I'm confident that I could have grinded the price down further but at the risk of completely losing the property and at the risk of hearing my wife bitch at me (even more) for the next lifetime on how we let the property get away... We just bit the bullet and smiled.

Thanks for answering my inner PANDA questions.

Buying for your family is always a good reason... that's the one thing about our situation now is how the kids are going to handle moving around so much... hopefully we can settle in sometime in the next 3 years.

This should go in the Irvine Real Estate forum... as it always nice to read the hows and whys of members selling/buying/renting their Irvine homes.

Good luck in escrow... and also hoping you get some good rates on your financing.

Thanks I.H.O., good luck to you as well. I figured that most of the people I interact with are in Off Topic, IHB OT = home away from home? Err work? Err work @ home?

Back