Nice place to read in Irvine?

Hugo Township

Any suggestions for the most comfortable place to kick back and read a book in Irvine?

A coffee shop or library would be nice, but both the Peet's in Westpark and Heritage Park library have uncomfortable chairs. Free parking would be nice too, or else I'd go to one of the UCI libraries (I feel guilty parking across the street and walking over). Best place I can think of that fits the bill is Newport Beach Public Library, but perhaps there is a place that's closer to home?

If you're ok with the outdoors, I'd suggest the Great Park! Bring a picnic blanket and sit under the shade.
I also like going to Bambu. No one goes during the day time so you can sit there for a long time with a drink.

Why not the food court in Hmart?  You can grab a sizzling stone chicken bowl if you get hungry.  Free water too

Reminded me of another movie line, Shop smart, shop s-mart

Sorry, I know it's unrelated to the topic, lol

You can try and fight for seating at Barnes and noble. Free ac, there's a Starbucks and a magazine aisle if need a break

Use to camp out at the BN on Jamboree when I was studying, Starbucks inside, plenty of seating, easy access to bathroom.  Too bad they closed.  The BN in Woodbridge is good for browsing but not good for squatting.  I don't recall tables there.

Oh, didn't know the BN on jamboree closed. Too bad. 
There's always the one at spectrum as long as it's not during crazy busy times

Found two places with nice leather armchairs to kick back in.

Coffee Bean on Alton/Jeffrey (near IVC)
Peet's in University Center next to UCI

Unfortunately, both of these have only 4 of these chairs and they were occupied by college kids.

I miss Paradise Perks...inasmuch as it was not a well-run business, they had a lot of couches/seating.

Come on guys, admit it. If you have to sit at a shop like above mentioned to read, you are not there to read. You're there to see and to be seen.

WillJoy said:
Come on guys, admit it. If you have to sit at a shop like above mentioned to read, you are not there to read. You're there to see and to be seen.

I basically buy the drink at Starbucks and then I leave.

We are fans of the outdoor area at Orchard Hills. Indoor spots seem to be disappearing as the chairs are not as comfortable; e.g. The Coffee Bean remodel in Oak Creek.

Crevier BMW car wash: free wash, free water and coffee, tables and chairs, sofa,  starbucks sans the line.

HMart said:
Any suggestions for the most comfortable place to kick back and read a book in Irvine?

A coffee shop or library would be nice, but both the Peet's in Westpark and Heritage Park library have uncomfortable chairs. Free parking would be nice too, or else I'd go to one of the UCI libraries (I feel guilty parking across the street and walking over). Best place I can think of that fits the bill is Newport Beach Public Library, but perhaps there is a place that's closer to home?

There are many HOA parks around Irvine that are mostly empty during weekdays.

IHSyard_zps51b31e26.jpg

This is the best pocket park to read a book. Free parking for 10 cars. Free ice tea unlimited refills and stay as long as you want.

Back